shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding Update - My dress(es!), BMs dress and shoes!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CKinNYC

Shiny_Rock
Hi Pricescopers!

It''s been a while since I posted here, and I wanted to post an update - some pics of my dress, bridesmaids'' dress and my shoes!

I''ll be wearing this Amsale Elle gown for our ceremony, which will be in the beautiful Catholic church in my hometown in Ireland this July. My lovely new aunt (my dad''s bro married a gorge girl last October) is kindly lending me her veil - it''s an ivory lace-edged cathedral-length veil which I think will go beautifully with my dress.

I''m 5''11" and I guess around a size 6/8, but kind of pear-shaped (oh the joys of being Irish!), so I think this dress will suit my body type.

I just LOVE to dance and party with my friends, so, for the last hour or two of the reception (think from midnight on... Irish weddings tend to be long and raucous!) I''m going to change into a short dress from Priscilla - it''s actually a BMs dress, but I''ve ordered it in ivory. Can''t wait!

I''m also posting a pic of my BMs dress, also from Priscilla. I will have 3 BMs - my sister and two great friends. I''m picking out gold strappy sandals for them.

Finally, here also are my shoes - gorgeous gold/bronze Manolo Sedarabys. I love them! However, as my fiance is around the same height as me, and my Amsale dress is so long, I will probs wear some low heels for the ceremony and meal etc., and then change into my Manolos with the short dress. Can you guess that I bought these shoes before the actual gown?! haha!

Well here are the pics - let me know what you think! I think all 3 dresses go well together - they all have pockets, which I LOVE! Gotta love a dress with pockets!!

:) CK

ella.jpg

CKinNYC

Shiny_Rock
OK, so here is the Priscilla dress I''ll change into - I think the brooch ties in really well with my shoes. Only thing is, the brooch is an extra $300!!! So I''m keeping my eye out for a less expensive version!!

If you can think of anywhere that sells diamante brooches of this size/shape (long, thin), please let me know!

Thanks!

ClaireDress2.jpg

CKinNYC

Shiny_Rock
.... and here are my shoes - the diamante buckle ties in really nicely with the short dress (as long as I get a diamante brooch for it!).

I really wanted to get non-bridal wedding shoes, so that I can wear them again and again - and they are my first pair of Manolos!

Manolos.png

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
OMG I LOVE your dress!!!!!!

Wow. Its just stunning. Makes me question getting such a fitted dress for myself! That gown is to die for.

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

The rest of the details sound great!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Yay more pics! I love your second dress and shoes too!

Have you looked on Etsy for a brooch? You could also possibly put in a quote request for one! I believe that function is called Alchemy.

CKinNYC

Shiny_Rock
.... and here is my bridesmaids'' dress. I really love it - I would love to have one for myself!

You can see a video of the model walking in it at http://priscillaofboston.com/dress_detail.jsp?gid=2&sfid=50835&f=
You really get a sense for the nice stiff-ish material and the movement of the dress.

ClaireBM dress.png

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oooh I love it all!!! Keep posting, more more!!

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I love everything! Amsale dresses are really amazing and yours is great. Any pictures of you in it?

And I can''t wait to see pictures of your Irish wedding!

CKinNYC

Shiny_Rock
Aw thanks guys!!

I will look now for more pics - I may have some pics of me in the sample, but it was a size too small, so not such great pics..! Lemme have a look and see if they''re acceptable...!

CK

modernsparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful. I love that you are changing into the shorter dress for the reception. So fun. And I LOVE the shoes :)

CKinNYC

Shiny_Rock
OK, so here''s a pic of me in the probs-a-size-too-small-sample dress - the top (lace bit) is a bit too short. They''re putting extra lace on mine - can get it altered out, if need be. Would hate to be showing side-boob!

NOT a great pic of me, but you get the gist!

DSCF4002.jpg

CKinNYC

Shiny_Rock
And here is a pic of my lovely new aunt (so weird to call her aunt - she''s 34 and I''m 28!) in the beautiful veil that she is kindly lending me - it''ll be my "Something Borrowed".

VeilClaire.png

CKinNYC

Shiny_Rock
.... here''s the back of my dress, IRL...

DSCF4007.jpg

CKinNYC

Shiny_Rock
Eek, sorry, that came out a bit big!
6.gif

Finally, here''s a close-up of the front of my shoes - you can see the nice gold/bronze colour.

Thanks for looking!!! :))

IMG_0642.jpg

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! Your dresses and shoes are marvelous, I know you will make a grand entrace at both events!
36.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very pretty. I love the dress!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am LOVING all the pockets!!!! your gown(s) are stunning and i have always adored those shoes - i wish i had a pair too. You are going to be beautiful on that day - the dress looks amazing on you!

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
Love it all! Everything looks beautiful and will be perfect! Your aunts veil is gorgeous too. Very kind of her to let you wear it. It will look great with your dress! :)

cammy85

Shiny_Rock
Just chiming in to say your dress is marvelous! What a show-stopper!!
30.gif

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Such awesome choices! I love your dresses, veil, and the BMs'' dresses! Your dress looks fantastic on you.

CKinNYC

Shiny_Rock
Thanks all for your kind words! I don''t really get to talk about wedding stuff really, since most of my friends and all my family are back home in Ireland, so it''s nice to come on here and talk!

Anyhoo, I''m thinking of getting these shoes to wear with my "big" dress - they''re ivory, look nice, and have a low heel. I''ll change into my nice Manolos for my short dress! Whaddya think of these???

Thanks!

coloriffics fantasy.jpg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Love all of the dresses - I agree, the two for you should be VERY flattering on a pear-shaped figure, and the bridesmaid dresses are beautiful.

Sounds like it will be gorgeous - love the idea of a lace-edged veil to pick up the lace on your Amsale - absolutely perfect
9.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
I love everything it all looks fantastic :).

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, what a gorgeous gorgeous dress! You look fabulous in it; love the BM dresses and shoes too!

pan_manda

Rough_Rock
Everything is gorgeous!!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous! Such great choices. It''s so exciting to see everything start to pull together. Yay!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results