shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding stack upgrade

Octave

Shiny_Rock
If you get your wedding stack upgraded, what do you do with your old one?
Keep? Wear from time to time? Inherit or pass on? Lock up and forget? Turn into something else? Sell?
I am somewhat undecided. What did you do?

Last edited:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have been lucky enough to keep both of my previous engagement rings. The original is quad set princess cuts & one of the central diamonds cracked & is in danger of popping out. Because it's unwearable (one hard knock & it'll fall apart) it was replaced with my pear cut. This is a beautiful diamond, but was replaced by DH as a surprise with my holy grail Tiffany in October. I am lucky enough to not have to sell it, but it hasn't been worn since. One day I may reset it into a RHR or pendant, but for now it languishes. (Excuse the pinky finger nail - I slammed a draw on it last wk)

PXL_20211209_111853204.jpg

mom2dolls

Shiny_Rock
I am curious what others will reply too. I would like to have my original diamond set into a solitaire necklace that I can wear everyday. Where to begin? A local jeweler or send out to a trusted PS vendor?

maisie2

Shiny_Rock
I intend to have my old engagement ring reset into a 5 stone ring. Whatever remains from there will be used for a yellow gold pave band.

Its taken me quite some time to figure out what my old ring can be used for, and from there what I actually want to use it for.

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My original ER was a one carat round that when I upgraded I got a matching one carat round and made a set of earrings. Every time I walk on my driveway I look for a sparkle because one of those earrings fell out while I was shoveling snow about 20 years ago and was never found! It's hiding somewhere..
I guess came from the earth and went back to the earth.. :lol:

Octave

Shiny_Rock
My original ER was a one carat round that when I upgraded I got a matching one carat round and made a set of earrings. Every time I walk on my driveway I look for a sparkle because one of those earrings fell out while I was shoveling snow about 20 years ago and was never found! It's hiding somewhere..

Ha ha, we are sisters in misery! Exactly the same thing happened to me two years ago, when I unloaded my car. I lost one of my beloved Piaget earrings (also with 1ct!) and never found it again. My biggest nightmare is, that the next owner of the car will have a lot of fun with it!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

You were shovelling snow???? :lol-2: :twirl:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Right-O. @Rubies-R-Me was shoveling! Chores have deleterious effects on our jewellery wardrobes! Down with chores!!! :P2

cheers--Sharon

DorotheaBrooke

Brilliant_Rock
My engagement ring was quite small, about .38 ct. I almost never wore it anymore, so for my 15 year anniversary, I had the diamond reset into a custom Maytal Hannah pendant. The four heart petals symbolize our family of four and the diamond in the middle is our love. My kids know this and like touching "their" petal.

The pendant is a signature piece for me. I wear it 24/7 and plan to pass it on to my daughter as a family heirloom.

DSCF9049.jpg

DSCF9022.jpg

Last edited:
P

Petalouda

My engagement ring was quite small, about .38 ct. I almost never wore it anymore, so for my 15 year anniversary, I had the diamond reset into a custom Maytal Hannah pendant. The four heart petals symbolize our family of four and the diamond in the middle is our love. My kids know this and like touching "their" petal.

The pendant is a signature piece for me. I wear it 24/7 and plan to pass it on to my daughter as a family heirloom.

DSCF9049.jpg

DSCF9022.jpg

The pendant and it’s meaning is gorgeous!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium

DSCF9049.jpg

DSCF9022.jpg

This is the loveliest story behind a beautiful piece of jewellery :kiss2:

hautecouture

Rough_Rock
My original engagement ring is a 1.02 G SI2 I think? It’s still very sentimental to me so though I’ve upgraded it’s just in my jewelry box. I feel like my husband has an attachment to it as well LOL and he has not been supportive of me putting it in a different setting or piece of jewelry. So for now it sits maybe someday I’ll gift it to a future daughter-in-law or a niece but we will see! 7C8F7247-EFAA-4D19-9A89-122D7982AD12.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results