shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding Shoes Opinions

Did you wear open or closed toed shoes for your wedding?

• Closed Toed Shoes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Neither I wore something different

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

supergirl10

Shiny_Rock
Just wanted everyone''s opinion about this ...

I have an aunt that is helping me prepare for the wedding etc. She has been beyond wonderful with her suggestions and helping me get organised. She is merticulious and has an eye for attention to detail. Perfect really for helping me out, since we don''t have a wedding planner.

There is just a few things that we disagree on in regards to the wedding. For most part I just think, well she is helping me out, and this is a far better idea so I agree, and are generally always happy with it in the end.

But there is a few things she is suggesting which are important details to me and would not be the way that I pictured them.

One of the things which I really am not sure about is footwear for the wedding. For example she insists that I should wear closed toed shoes for the wedding. She thinks that it looks much better in photo''s and is a classier choice.

I am a shoe gal and having the shoe of my dreams (within budget) is really important to me. What i pictured was an open toed shoe, not closed.

So I just wanted a few opinions about this?

Did you wear closed or open toed shoes?

Were you happy with this decision?

Did you notice any difference in the photo''s?

The thing I keep thinking is I live in the northern part of Australia, our wedding is in April which is considered autumn but is still quite hot think 20 degree''s or more. I am wondering if closed toed shoes may get a bit hot and open would be a better option because of this.

Please give me some honest opinions ...
Aussie girls I would really really appreciate your opinions on this one also.

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
I haven''t got my shoes yet but they will definately be opened toed.

I think i have seen more weddings on here with open toe versus closed.

I also think that YOUR feet are the ones that have to wear the shoes and if you want an open toe than so be it!

PS, i''m gonna bump the Aussie thread for you too! (there are a couple of updates for you to take care of!)

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
I think open toed are beautiful! Very classy indeed! I do know some people that would go with the very traditional approach of your aunt, in terms that closed toe is more formal. But I don''t think it''s less classy.

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
i''m wearing blue peep toe d''orsay pumps.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
so, of course, my vote is for open toe!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Mine are open toed. Since the wedding is in the summer, I wanted something open toed.

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
I have to go against the grain and say closed toe.
I am not really a shoe person though. I live in skate shoes, so I had to choose comfy shoes. I wore closed round toe shoes.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I wore peep toe pumps. My feet do not deal well with very open or strappy shoes and I tend to get blisters. However, closed toed pumps seemed way too business-y for a wedding. Mine were perfect because they were basically pumps, but with the open toe. I had a short dress, so the shoes were visible all the time and I got a million compliments on them.

ETA: Closed toe slingbacks are cute though and not very business-y, but I can never seem to keep the strap on my heel so those were out. But could be an option for you if you wanted to go closed toe for your aunt but still have a somewhat open shoe.

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
I wore closed toed shoes - but I very much preferred the look and feel of open toed shoes. The reason I chose closed toed was because I didn''t want to spend much on my shoes and the best low heel shoes I could find happened to be closed toed. It was also February and I was convinced it would be snowing (which it turns out it was 65 degrees that day, but who knew that would happen?!).

In the end nobody saw the shoes anyway, you can''t really see them in any pictures, and for the reception and dancing I changed into sneakers (purple Nike Shox to match the bridesmaid color). Nobody at the wedding saw those either, but the photographer did get them in one or two pictures - and I like that I have those
3.gif

I think you should wear whatever shoes YOU prefer. I don''t find either one to be "classier" than the other - so you should decide what will make you feel the best on your wedding day.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wore open toed shoes-I adore them and thought they looked very classy on the day. Go with whatever you love-it''s your wedding.

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Have you considered peep toed shoes? I am having peep toed shoes so I get a bit of the openness for the toes but still closed in the back and sides. Would that work as a compromise for you and your aunt? In the long run, it''s your feet. You should wear whatever you feel great it!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
I wore open toe heels, and changed into closed toe flats, so I guess both.

But what I wore doesn''t matter, you should pick whatever you want! I would never think that open toed shoes were less classy. Thanks but no thanks, aunt.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results