shape
carat
color
clarity

wedding sets and the ningtingale (5-stone)

fantasyxy

Rough_Rock
For those of you who know the 'story', I am still waiting to hear from the BGD; they promise to ship the right five stone (SALLY) to me no later than tomorrow, but haven't heard from them these days and am getting a little impatient. Since I don't have time to upload my real five-stone after/if it arrives on Saturday, I'm posting the Nightingale (beautiful-looking, but not what I ordered; they say the stones were indeed the ones that I ordered .....)
Wedding sets first. I admit that i changed my mind a couple of times about the band (and the e-ring too); e-ring from WF, 1.5 carat, ACA, H, VS2; band from Tiffany (milgrain); I got this band mainly because fiance picked a Tiffany milgrain for himself (and I think I need a plain metal band that could go with both the princess-cut and the five stone).
Enough said......

wedding set.jpg

fantasyxy

Rough_Rock
five stone

ningtingale.jpg

ningtingale profile.jpg

fantasyxy

Rough_Rock
There are clear arrows in all of them when photos are taken (but am just uploading one of them); they are great stones indeed

I thought there was an f color among the five (based on the reports that they sent me) but then Leslie said all of them were Hs, as I ordered; a report was misplaced....

I wonder how an F would look different.

center arrow.jpg

five stone.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well despite everything, I think both rings are gorgeous still. aww I hope you get some good news soon.

fantasyxy

Rough_Rock
one more for the wedding set; it was too big to be uploaded just now

And I am done....; going to call them to see when my SALLY is going to come :roll:

set two.jpg

fantasyxy

Rough_Rock
D&T|1308242637|2947536 said:
Well despite everything, I think both rings are gorgeous still. aww I hope you get some good news soon.

Thank you! I haven't taken a photo of the five stone together with the plain band (when the NIGHTINGALE was here, the Tiffany band was sent to be engraved); I hope they two would look good together :lol:

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock
What are the stats on the 5 stone. It is beautiful (even if its not the right one yet). I am soooo lusting over 5 stones and I cant wait to own one some day!!!

fantasyxy

Rough_Rock
lbbaber|1308243108|2947550 said:
What are the stats on the 5 stone. It is beautiful (even if its not the right one yet). I am soooo lusting over 5 stones and I cant wait to own one some day!!!

They are all H, SI1; 0.30 -0.31 carat, all BGD signature AGS 000s; it's actually a good deal because I grabbed them just before the price reported went up (although I don't know to what extent the price increased for 0.3 carats). Such color, clarity and carat combination is really sufficient for me.

ChloeTheGreat

Brilliant_Rock
What is your ring size? Great finger coverage on the 5-stone! (Even if it isn't the right setting...)

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous, I love 5 stone rings!

fantasyxy

Rough_Rock
ChloeTheGreat|1308250110|2947656 said:
What is your ring size? Great finger coverage on the 5-stone! (Even if it isn't the right setting...)

I'm size 5. I got a lot of help by going through threads here to determine what carats i should go for; five 0.3 carats would work well for slightly bigger hands (like 6?) too.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are all beautiful! Send me the five stone :cheeky: !

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
WOW!!! :love: It's amazing even if it isn't the right setting. I can't wait to see the right one! Your stones are incredible! I'm so jealous and very happy for you! Congratulations!! Can't wait to see more pics when you finally get the right ring! :D

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful wedding set and I love the five stone even if it is not the one you ordered. I will look forward to pics of your Sally.

BoulderGal

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, the five stone, even if it isn't the correct setting, is simply beautiful!! I can't wait to see those gorgeous stones in the Sally! Pics please!

If I may ask, what's the width of your milgrain wedding band?

Oh, and you have lovely hands, btw!

BoulderGal

fantasyxy

Rough_Rock
hi BoulderGal, my finger size's 5 and the milgrain is 2mm (I think the thinnest in Tiffany);
We'll be able to get SALLY this evening, but they told me yesterday that they don't have pink sapphires in stock (should have told me earlier :(( ); having that would take another week or two, and since I am going away in a couple of days, I just opted for having diamond melee on the bezel instead. They did say I could exchange them back to sapphires in future.

fantasyxy

Rough_Rock
Gee, now I am unhappy~
We got the ring this noon, but it has scratches (or whatever they are) on the metal/setting. I had asked Brian for a verification letter but it was not included (he did say it was normally not included but they could do that if I request; I wouldn't mind not having it if he had said it simply couldn't be done); there seems to be no communication between Brian and the others after I got off the phone the other day.
Not to mention that there were still no sapphires, although I know diamond melee is more expensive.
i just sent pictures of the 'scratches' to them. Not sure if those were serious (or how they got on there). When we came back from the Fedex, I wasn't in a terribly good mood .......

The knife edge is very comfortable; that's good, but I am starting to think about other options now.

luckky

Shiny_Rock
If you don't mind to show the picture to us please? How bad it is scratch, very outstanding to see? Sorry to hear that one thing after another thing, hope will be fix and make you satisfied. Cheer!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, what a bummer that it is scratched. :((

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results