shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding set reset: three stone bezel + bead set eternity

dmack

Shiny_Rock
I’m excited to share the reset of my wedding set by David Klass. Originally a matching channel set with engraving in white gold, I had him create a three stone bezel ring in platinum and reuse the side stones to create a bead set eternity band (there are ten stones leftover, shhhh, don’t give me any ideas...just kidding, send ideas my way!).

The center stone was mine, a .5 carat G/VS2 that my husband picked out knowing nothing about diamonds. It’s not anything up to par on the ideal recommendations here but it’s actually pretty close! David sourced the .25 carat side stones.

Original set: 267B24DF-A164-49E1-9193-409207E2325D.jpeg

dmack

Shiny_Rock
It always seems to be the case that when people post their new rings they say, “Oh, the light is terrible today!” And would you believe it’s raining now??? So these are not great pics. I will say that unboxing the rings was a shock. My first reaction was how tiny and delicate they were, after staring at CADs and glamour shots for five weeks. My second reaction was shock over how SPARKLY the rings are. I have to hand it to James Allen (the original ring source), their melee diamonds are fantastic. So colorful! And so comfy on the hand, which was not the case with the rings before. 709FCDC7-4C5C-452C-A77B-5F72B21D3CF5.jpeg C117DFEE-2A09-4D4B-8874-74FC0045CFDC.jpeg DDB663D9-AD09-4001-8501-1B8BE8CFDA3E.jpeg

Video:

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
What an amazing upgrade @dmack So beautiful !

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It’s gorgeous!! Congrats on your beautiful new set!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks gorgeous.

H

Horsegirl76

Gorgeous! I love your set!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful rings! :love:
I'm a sucker for milgrain and would love to have a milgrained bezel one day.

L

lydial

Beautiful!

joelly

Ideal_Rock
It always seems to be the case that when people post their new rings they say, “Oh, the light is terrible today!” And would you believe it’s raining now??? So these are not great pics. I will say that unboxing the rings was a shock. My first reaction was how tiny and delicate they were, after staring at CADs and glamour shots for five weeks. My second reaction was shock over how SPARKLY the rings are. I have to hand it to James Allen (the original ring source), their melee diamonds are fantastic. So colorful! And so comfy on the hand, which was not the case with the rings before. 709FCDC7-4C5C-452C-A77B-5F72B21D3CF5.jpeg C117DFEE-2A09-4D4B-8874-74FC0045CFDC.jpeg DDB663D9-AD09-4001-8501-1B8BE8CFDA3E.jpeg

Video:

Such an amazing set. I love them

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
You really transformed the look - just beautiful! I love a bead set band. And I know exactly what you mean about being surprised how delicate it is in real life after looking at macro photos!

@annagene12 Look at this beautiful 3 stone bezel!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Transformation of the year! Very, very pretty & a completely different look on your lovely hand!

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
I love the reset! somehow you seem to have captured the sleekness of a contemporary modern design yet also featuring vintagey antiquey leanings!! it is the best of both worlds. I also adore the profile of your lustrous low set ring!! So very classy and tasteful! May you enjoy it in the best of health and happiness!!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow!!! What a magnificent transformation!!! Both rings are stunning, congrats!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your rings turned out so well - what a difference! Congrats and enjoy!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely, gob-smackingly GORGEOUS, @dmack! You must be THRILLED! Is it everything you'd hoped for? And do you feel it has a lot more presence on the hand?

I just love this transformation, and it's exactly the transformation (-> 3 stone, bezel set) I think is perfect for a diamond in the .4-.8ct range if one wants a little more ctw and oomph over time.

Congratulations on this superbly tasteful, elegant upgrade - it's a set to be proud of!

ETA Can you share your finger size with us, pls?

Kh0117

Rough_Rock
Beautiful!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It turned out beautiful!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
You really transformed the look - just beautiful! I love a bead set band. And I know exactly what you mean about being surprised how delicate it is in real life after looking at macro photos!

@annagene12 Look at this beautiful 3 stone bezel!

Ooooh thank you for thinking of me! It is GORGEOUS! Love seeing more inspo :mrgreen:

dmack

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for all the kind words! A few more pics this morning, though no better lighting. For reference, the rings are both a size 7. I like my rings like I like my lounge wear, loose. My preference is to keep them on 24/7, so sizing up means I can swell away when I sleep or exercise and not feel like my finger is being strangled.

IMG_0840.jpg IMG_0842.jpg

@mrs-b, yes to all! Once I committed to the project, I realized I had a very clear vision of what I wanted in the three stone and it turned out exactly right. I made a few decisions mid-project, like adding the milgrain to minimize the visual impact of the bezel metal, and playing around with a few versions of where the shoulder attaches to the bezel. Seeing the ring in person reassures me that I made exactly the right choices. For the band, I initially wanted channel, then bead set, then channel...folks here weighed in and I really, really love the look of the bead set. It's much brighter and whiter, though there's a different texture to the band that I'm getting used to. I love the reverse taper of the shoulder. I love the tiny gap between the rings. I love the different type of sparkle with the two MRB side stones. I love that I can now play around with different wedding bands or stacks. ::happy sigh::

I wasn't going after finger coverage per se. My primary motivations were to 1) get rid of the solitaire, which is just not me, and 2) get rid of prongs. In terms of the "look" I was going for, I was really attracted to profiles like the pic below, which came from a PS thread. I would have even been okay with .15 or .2 carat side stones, as long as the whole felt like a - for lack of a better word - "hunk" of stones on top of the finger.

1599137890190.png

These were the gallery inspiration pics I used; the left is a Pinterest/Etsy staple and the right is a DK ring.

IMG_0030.JPG IMG_0694.jpg

@OdetteOdile, my husband says he likes the rings better in person than in pics because the milgrain is less prominent in real life. We laughed at ourselves as we unwrapped everything and then had to pause to go dig out our glasses to try to see the detail better.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
This ring is just awesome. I am in the middle of designing a very similar 3-stone, bezel set ring (with milgrain) myself, and there are so few bezel 3 stones out there, it is so fun to see another one!

You did make all of the right decisions! Your inspo ring (the vintage one) was my initial inspiration too - although I prefer flush fitting bands so had to go in another direction. But if I didn't prefer flush fitting, I daresay we would have had veeeery similar sister rings, so naturally I LOVE it and think you have outstanding taste :lol:

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I looove this. Bezel set three stones are one of my favorite styles and all of the details here are perfect. The bead set band and engraving are also perfection.

dmack

Shiny_Rock
This ring is just awesome. I am in the middle of designing a very similar 3-stone, bezel set ring (with milgrain) myself, and there are so few bezel 3 stones out there, it is so fun to see another one!

You did make all of the right decisions! Your inspo ring (the vintage one) was my initial inspiration too - although I prefer flush fitting bands so had to go in another direction. But if I didn't prefer flush fitting, I daresay we would have had veeeery similar sister rings, so naturally I LOVE it and think you have outstanding taste :lol:

@annagene12, I actually think I gave DK a picture of your original bezel solitaire to show him how I wanted a slightly squared off shank! I think I read that you ultimately didn't like the shank profile but to me it was :kiss2:, so thank you. And I also took to heart what you said about the intricate basket holding onto water, which would have never occurred to me - hence my request for the more open gallery.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
@annagene12, I actually think I gave DK a picture of your original bezel solitaire to show him how I wanted a slightly squared off shank! I think I read that you ultimately didn't like the shank profile but to me it was :kiss2:, so thank you. And I also took to heart what you said about the intricate basket holding onto water, which would have never occurred to me - hence my request for the more open gallery.

I am so glad you were able to use something that didn't work for me, to your benefit! That makes me so happy, seriously. And that is why PS is SO valuable so we can learn from each other (mistakes included)! Very excited for you and hope you enjoy your new, glorious bling. :kiss2:

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Drooooooling! What an exquisite set! DK did a great job on the metalwork - the milgrain and bezels are so delicate and refined. I love the proportions of your sidestones, too! Congrats and enjoy wearing these absolute beauties!

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
@dmack I just can't stop looking at the bead set band. It is gorgeous!! Do you have any details such as what size pointers the stones are? Do you know the height off the finger and the width in mm? Sorry I know these are specific questions! My original wedding band is bead set and I love it, but I find it wider than I want to wear these days, at 3.6mm. I dream of having a thinner bead set band made eventually. I think yours is perfection.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your set! DK did such a great job and I love that you were able to use your diamonds. Beautiful! Please wear them in good health and happiness!

dmack

Shiny_Rock
@dmack I just can't stop looking at the bead set band. It is gorgeous!! Do you have any details such as what size pointers the stones are? Do you know the height off the finger and the width in mm? Sorry I know these are specific questions! My original wedding band is bead set and I love it, but I find it wider than I want to wear these days, at 3.6mm. I dream of having a thinner bead set band made eventually. I think yours is perfection.

Oh, sure, happy to give details! The diamonds are 1.5mm. I think the total carat per diamond is 0.015 by my calculations. The tcw of the band is 0.59 and I think there are 38 in there. The width is 2.2mm and the height off the finger per the CAD is 1.6mm.

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, sure, happy to give details! The diamonds are 1.5mm. I think the total carat per diamond is 0.015 by my calculations. The tcw of the band is 0.59 and I think there are 38 in there. The width is 2.2mm and the height off the finger per the CAD is 1.6mm.

Thank you so much!! That is so helpful!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results