shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding set questions.

breanne

Brilliant_Rock
I haven't been able to find too many fancy cut eternity bands, or wedding bands in general. The one I saw, I went to see again yesterday and felt it lacked lustre. It was an emerald cut, but it looks very dull in sparkle. I know from reading step cuts give off large lines of sparkle, but this one seemed hazy, maybe even dirty looking?

I didn't get the details of it, I guess I should've, but is this common for step cuts? I found when pairing it with my ER, it almost looked dead. I always loved round eternity bands, and still do, but I guess I wanted something a little more uncommon. Because I'm unable to see too many fancies at this time, I don't know if it rule them out. I've seen a stunning asscher on here, but I've yet to see one in person, I feel the squareness would compliment my ER setting as it is a little more sharpe in aesthetic.

Lastly, I've noticed, even if I were to go with a round eternity, the diamonds would be much smaller than I imagined. This was a 9 stone at a half carat, which is .05 each if my math is correct. I'd make it a full eternity, but I'm a little surprised that I found anything much larger to be overwhelming to my ER.

Let me know your thoughts on the fancy cuts, and also, did any of you encounter a vision, and when it came time, realized your vision may not work. I feel a bit let down, I don't know why, not let down in my ER, but just with the possibilities of what I'd pair it with.

Note - I did not push the rings too close together as I didn't want to scratch.

_5958.jpeg

_5959.jpeg

Q

Queenie60

Have you thought about something a bit different? If I were to do a solitaire I would consider one of CVB's unique bands. Such as one of these below or she could design one especially for your ring since it's very simple. Unique and beautiful.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/198612532/the-cvb-juliette-band-baguette-round?ref=shop_home_active_18

https://www.etsy.com/listing/187636407/the-cvb-rachel-bezel-set-eastwest?ref=shop_home_active_38

Just a few of her beautiful bands. Check out her website or instragram for more examples of her beautiful work. Good luck and I hope you find just what you're looking for. :wavey:

breanne

Brilliant_Rock
I actually tried a few similar, I had seen someone's set with the second one you posted, and it was stunning. With mine, it almost looked like two separate styles clashing.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's possible that the emerald cut band was dirty. Did they clean it before showing it to you? In general, step cuts get dirty quickly so they need to be cleaned often. If that bothers you, choose round stones for your WB. Also, the larger the stones, the more they compete with the solitaire. Smaller stones make the solitaire pop more. If you want to wear the eternity as a set with ER, go smaller.

Not everything you like in photos works on your hand in real life. There are tons of options and designs out there. Don't be upset, just go and try on more stuff.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results