shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding Rings!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Our wedding rings have arrived! We''re eloping next week, and it''s taking all my willpower to keep from wearing mine in the meantime ....

Those of you who very kindly replied to my previous posts might remember that selecting the rings was a bit of an ... ardurous ... process for us, just because we''re both incredibly strong-minded people with defined (and more or less diametrically opposed) tastes: I''m a fan of vintage styles and shiny things, and he''s very modern and hard-edged in his tastes. When we tried to find matching rings that we could agree on, we went back and forth between mobius bands and two-tone bands and just about everything else under the sun. So, finally, we decided that we''d each get what suited our individual tastes best ... however, once The Great Doors of taste were unbarred by my diamond-hawking self, it turned out that the ring that he liked best in all the world was the engagement band that I''d made for him. Awwww. Just maybe a little thicker and in a different metal and with a few additional modifications?

Well, 9 models later, I pointed out that he could, y''know, have the emotional import of wearing something crafted by my own two hands (i.e., not made by a professional jeweler), or he could have something that I designed made by the two hands of someone who did this for a living. And since we were going to have to cast it anyway (my little approved-by-the-housing-codes blowtorch is too weak to handle anything other than silver), and since the model that he''d liked best was the two-tone silver-and-copper one that couldn''t be cast in white-and-red gold anyway, but could certainly be fabricated that way by someone with the necessary equipment/mad skillz ....

Yep. One point of commonality is that both of the rings are designed by the same mind (mine), and made by the same hand (the family jeweler''s). Of course, that''s pretty much all that they have in common: mine''s a three mm platinum band engraved with 8 pointed stars and set with 7 tiny twinkling stones, and his is a 5 mm thick band of white gold inlaid with a 3 mm thick braid of rich red gold.
Well, I guess they have one other thing in common: the engraving of our names. And that''s the part that counts, right?

OurRings 3.jpg

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
A shot of the model that I made which he loved the most, which was sent along to the jeweler as an example ... you can see where professionalism wins out over enthusiasm.
3.gif

Comparative Purposes.jpg

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
His ring by itself - braided rose gold framed by white gold:

His Ring.jpg

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
My ring - etoile-esque, only literally ... the design occurred to me way before I knew the actual name of the Tiffany version, amusingly enough.

StarRing 2.jpg

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
And, another of mine, just because if he wants equal time, he''ll have to start posting to PriceScope himself ....

StarRing 1.jpg

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
Circe, I think it''s so romantic that your FH wanted you to make his wedding ring. It''s a beautiful design and even if it wasn''t crafted by you, the idea was yours and yours alone
1.gif
It''s a ring to stand out from the crowd.

I like yours too... it reminds me of the antique wedding rings I''ve seen in shop windows and I think it echoes the fishtail prongs of your e-ring really well. I bet you can''t wait to wear them both together!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous rings, and that is just so sweet that he is so sentimental! I bet your e-ring and w-ring will look stunning together!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
And, finally, just in keeping with the whole starry theme, a fire shot I was rather proud of ... hope y'all enjoy!

ETA: Thank you, Wolftress! You couldn't be more right ... I give myself 5 minutes a day to combat withdrawal, but it's really hard not to stretch that!

And, ETA Part the 2nd: Thanks, Dana! The funny thing is, he's usually very much the "scientist", so it really is very sweet of him ... more than makes up for any frustration I was feeling during the process.
30.gif

Inner Starfire.jpg

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/23/2007 9:40:16 PM
Author: Circe
And, finally, just in keeping with the whole starry theme, a fire shot I was rather proud of ... hope y'all enjoy!
And well you should be!
36.gif
Awesomely beautiful.
2.gif

And I love all the sentiment behind your rings, and the designs, and the fact that you designed them. How utterly romantic.
5.gif

Good luck to you both, I hope your day is everything you want.
1.gif

Cathers

Shiny_Rock
wow! I love your bands! I especially love yours. It definetly has a vintage look, and gives the scattered diamond band a bit of a twist eh?? gorgeous! congratulations.

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Circe! Beautiful work, and gorgeous rings. Can we see a pic of your ering with your wring? Pretty please?

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks, ladies!

Ellen, thank you so much for your good wishes: it''s a casual, beach-y elopement-y thing (with celebrations on three coasts to follow - eek!), so we''ll plan to a certain point and then let the fates take over ... fingers crossed!

Çã†hër§, thank you! I''m one of those people who''s never managed to break the habit of wishing on the first star of evening every night, so the symbolism was just too much for me to resist ... the way it goes with the engagement ring stylistically is an added bonus!

And, Tberube, many thanks - you have no idea how much I want to share - they look awesome together! Alas, they''re going to have to wait until next week, as FH''s pesky sentimentalism is rearing its head again ... he wants to be the first one to see me wearing the ring, but he *also* insists on waiting until the ceremony. It''s adorable, but arrrrgh! so frustrating when one knows there''s a whole internet full of people to appreciate in the meantime.

Come Tuesday, though, watch out!

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Circe, the rings are lovely! I am very excited to see your e-ring and w-band together...my imagination says they are a heavenly pair! Can''t wait for the pictures!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful rings. Glad they came in time, and so glad you guys like them. Congratulations on your upcoming wedding, and waiting to hear how it all goes. Will love to see more pictures of those rings as well.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Fly Girl, thank you! Bright and early tomorrow, we''re off ... additional pictures of my (soon-to-be) married-lady hands sometime next week.

Also: aaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!

Cathers

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/24/2007 5:58:07 PM
Author: Circe
Thanks, ladies!

Ellen, thank you so much for your good wishes: it''s a casual, beach-y elopement-y thing (with celebrations on three coasts to follow - eek!), so we''ll plan to a certain point and then let the fates take over ... fingers crossed!

Çã†hër§, thank you! I''m one of those people who''s never managed to break the habit of wishing on the first star of evening every night, so the symbolism was just too much for me to resist ... the way it goes with the engagement ring stylistically is an added bonus!

And, Tberube, many thanks - you have no idea how much I want to share - they look awesome together! Alas, they''re going to have to wait until next week, as FH''s pesky sentimentalism is rearing its head again ... he wants to be the first one to see me wearing the ring, but he *also* insists on waiting until the ceremony. It''s adorable, but arrrrgh! so frustrating when one knows there''s a whole internet full of people to appreciate in the meantime.

Come Tuesday, though, watch out!

that is so touching and I am glad you were able to incorporate the stars into your wedding band, sounds like you are a dreamer like me!!

I am really excited to hear that you are leaving soon to elope, that is so romantic! Please post hand shots when you get back from getting MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
Congratulations!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results