shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding ring shopping in Portland, Recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
We're going to go wedding band shopping over the holidays while we're in Portland, Or. We want to look at more interesting and unique rings in addition to the stock styles. (I'm allergic to jewelry from catalogs!) Can anyone recommend a couple of good stores in Portland?
5.gif
34.gif

ETA: Someplace we could look at mokume gane rings would be really helpful!
35.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/27/2006 10:32:44 AM
Author:IndieJones
We''re going to go wedding band shopping over the holidays while we''re in Portland, Or. We want to look at more interesting and unique rings in addition to the stock styles. (I''m allergic to jewelry from catalogs!) Can anyone recommend a couple of good stores in Portland?
5.gif
34.gif

ETA: Someplace we could look at mokume gane rings would be really helpful!
35.gif
nothing truly unique.... there''s a carl grieves and abc downtown.... and of course they are about 20 minutes apart from each other lol I wouldn''t seek out portland for ''unique'' but I haven''t gone to every store yet either :)

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Cehra: Are you kidding? There''s OODLES of good jewelers in Portland, and Carl Greve is only a few blocks from ABC!

Ok...here''s my love list of jewelers in Downtown Portland, for your perusal.

ABC (who did my custom ring, wholesale prices, private little shop in an office building--ask for Marilyn...my dear friend...or Stephanie, Ali, or Hossein...they are all so nice.)

ABC Jewelers 534 SW Third, Suite 596, Portland 97204 (on 5th floor of Willamette Building)

H&B Jewelry and Loan (killer pawn shop, in same building as ABC) 526 SW 3rd

Carl Greve 731 SW Morrison, Downtown Portland, 97205

Zell Brothers 800 SW Morrison , Portland, 97205(across the street from Carl Greve)

Maloy''s Jewelry Workshop 717 SW 10th

Gary Swank 840 SW Broadway. Portland OR

Jones and Jones, 609 SW Alder Street

These are all in our SW downtown area and great jewelers one and all. Plus we have Tiffany''s just a few blocks south of ABC on 3rd Avenue. Get a walking map of downtown or check out this webpage for addresses..

http://portland.citysearch.com/search?cats=273

.but you can park in the parking garage on 4th & Morrison and walk to all the shops I listed. You might have to go 5 blocks up or down either way, but on foot is easiest.

And in our trendy NW 23rd district, (on the other side of Burnside--you''ll have to drive to this) we have Gilt,720 NW 23rd, which is a fabulous vintage shop, her prices are dead on for antique pieces. She has layaway, but the darling little platinum bands go quick. I once walked out without putting a sapphire ring on layaway, and when I returned it was gone. I was soo sad.

Hope this helps!!!

Jeannine

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
And Tradeshop is downtown...

www.tradeshop.com

And yes! Judith Arnell..

Hope you love Portland, its a fab town...I was born & raised here...

Jeannine

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/27/2006 7:05:12 PM
Author: divergrrl
And Tradeshop is downtown...

www.tradeshop.com

And yes! Judith Arnell..

Hope you love Portland, its a fab town...I was born & raised here...

Jeannine
ray is now at the pawnshop you mentioned... I met him, he''s quite the character! got a good line on streaming jazz station :D

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
WOW Divergrrl! Thank you so much for all the info!
36.gif

We''re going to visit his family in portland for the holidays and I figure it''d be more romantic to shop there. Besides, he''d go into shock over the prices here. There isn''t much between zales and insanely over-priced stores aimed at the rich tourists.
20.gif

lucyloo

Shiny_Rock
Hi Indie Jones

I like Margulis on the corner of Broadway and Yamhill (across from Pioneer Square) in downtown Portland. They have a website www.margulis.com too.

They have a nice selection of antique rings and do alot of custom work.

Enjoy Portland!!
26.gif

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Lucyloo...THANKYOU! I was wracking my brain trying to remember the name of Margulis. Muchas Gracias.

All the jewelers I mentioned are smaller, privately owned...except Carl & Zell. (Although---while a BBB store, the downtown Zell Bros. still retains a lot of the original Zell Family charm & is where I registered for my china)

Best deals? ABC, Gilt, Tradeshop, H&B. Most unique selections? Margulis, Maloy''s, Gary Swank, Jones & Jones. Interesting all around.

Later alligators!

Jeannine

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results