shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding ring for my future husband

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gale

Shiny_Rock
While this ring does not have a diamond in it, I think the workmanship is phenomenal. My custom jeweller, Pawel, made this for me based on some photos and casual discussions. It''s 9mm wide and heavy, in 18k white and yellow gold. The white gold is all hand carved, and the polishing is wonderful. This was the best photo I got - the others are all garbage. Sorry it''s not the best of views.

PetersWRByPawel.jpg

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
Gale, your husband''s band is stunning. Who is your custom jeweller? Does he have a website?

diamondlove

Shiny_Rock
oh I LOVE it!

Gale

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the nice comments! Unfortunately Pawel does not yet have a website. He''s currently developing his portfolio. He works out of Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, and currently teaches at George Brown in Toronto. Contact details can be provided if you want them.

Rosierock

Rough_Rock
That is such a beautiful design, I absolutely love it congratulations!
36.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/29/2006 1:57:17 PM
Author: Gale
Thanks for the nice comments! Unfortunately Pawel does not yet have a website. He''s currently developing his portfolio. He works out of Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, and currently teaches at George Brown in Toronto. Contact details can be provided if you want them.
HI Gale:

What does he teach there?? Contact details, please!! P.S. Gorgeous ring!!
30.gif

cheers--Sharon

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
That is just a stunning wedding band! I LOVE IT!

Gale

Shiny_Rock
Hey Canuk-gal! Pawel teaches a jewellery design and sculpting class at George Brown. I''ll email you contact details.

Thanks to all for the lovely comments. It was a lot of fun to go through this design process. Finding out what my future husband wanted in a ring was difficult. Pawel was concerned that the ring was going to be too wide, so he made a wax with the initial dimensions of the rails etched on it for him to try on. He wore that wax for WEEKS until it finally broke, and he still has that thing. Needless to say, I was charmed by this action, and he is eager to wed so he can wear it.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gale,
This ring is indeed phenominal. I love the workmanship. Absolutely stunning.
30.gif

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
Gale, the ring looks great! It has a romantic feel, medievel look to it, very nice!!! Congrats!

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
A very substantial and unique ring!!! He''ll love it!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Wow Gale, I thought I responded to this thread days ago, but apparently I didn''t....so I just wanted to say that your fiance''s wedding band is absolutely beautiful!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
it''s a true piece of art. gorgeous ring...

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! WOW. Great ring. Congrats.
9.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
That ring is stunning! Amazing design, and impeccable execution!!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That band is really beautiful - I love the two tone look and the workmanship is outstanding!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a wonderful ring!

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Fabulous ring! I love the design and I think the two-tone gold mixture for a man's wedding ring is really classy. I wish I could get my husband to go for something other than the "plain gold band". That's all he wants and all he'll wear, no matter how much I try to convince him otherwise. I love mens rings with a personality and your ring has a definite personality! Just such a beautiful ring and unique symbol of your love. You are so lucky your husband-to-be loves it as much as you do. Seems like he can't wait for the wedding. Congratulations to you both, on your upcoming nuptuals and that beautiful work of art he is so lucky and anxious to wear.

ETA: Any special significance to the weave pattern on the ring? Did you design it or was it picked out of a pattern book? Just wondering if there was any "story" behind the design.

portoar

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, that ring is just stunning! Has he seen it yet?

Gale

Shiny_Rock
Wow! Thanks everyone for the wonderful comments. This thread is getting a lot more action than I ever dreamed. Especially with all those beautiful diamond and coloured stone ER''s in this forum.

SuzyQZ - it''s a loose interpretation of the mathematical symbol for infinity, and most likely approaches a celtic knot in overall effect. I did consider a one-tone design, but Peter wanted something two tone in order to highlight the design, and he was right. My jeweller is an artist and very skilled craftsman.

Peter loves this ring. Iinitially he looked at a number of styles so he could give me a general idea of what he wanted. I then took the risk in arriving at this final design without his approval or knowledge. Of course, I am thrilled he loves it, especially because it is so difficult for me to even buy acceptable t-shirts for this man, despite the fact that he''s no fashion icon.

Now all we have to do is get to that alter....

Gale

Shiny_Rock
Yes - he''s seen it. If he did not like it, I would have had something else made. I absolutely did not want to burden him with a ring he will wear all the time that he was not totally in love with.

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/6/2006 12:59:18 PM
Author: Gale
SuzyQZ - it''s a loose interpretation of the mathematical symbol for infinity, and most likely approaches a celtic knot in overall effect. I did consider a one-tone design, but Peter wanted something two tone in order to highlight the design, and he was right. My jeweller is an artist and very skilled craftsman.
That''s so cool, I love the significance of infinity in his ring. You both have put a lot of thought into the design and I think that is wonderful and speaks volumes on the important symbol this ring is for you. That it expresses something so unique and that he is so willing, proud and happy to wear it is special indeed! Congratulations to you both and may you have many, many, happy years together filled with wonderful memories and cherished moments!

lili

Ideal_Rock
Great ring. One of my favorite men''s band by far.
I love the two toned and intricate infinite design.

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/6/2006 1:02:02 AM
Author: FireGoddess
That ring is stunning! Amazing design, and impeccable execution!!
Yes ... so, so true!
emsmilep.gif

Hi Gale ~
emrose.gif

I am very partial to an artisan who can create and execute celtic design (One of my sweet spots).
36.gif

This piece is truely a work of art ... and gorgeous!
30.gif
emlove.gif
emthup.gif

Hand
emphoto.gif
''s are a must!!! (Please
2.gif
)

Have a great day!
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results