shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding present: Need help finding single stud diamond earring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mountainman99

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone! You all helped me find a great diamond for my fiancee''s engagement ring, and now I''m back to see what you recommend. Money is tight now, and I''ve already got a gift for my fiancee, but I want to get her something else for our wedding day. Since I can''t really afford some nice diamond stud earrings for her now, I''m going to wait and do that for our anniversary. What I would like to get her is a single diamond stud earring for the piercing she has in the top of her left ear. The one she has now was what they gave her when she got it pierced, and she''ll probably borrow earrings for the wedding, but she wouldn''t have anything for that single piercing. It''s a perfect idea, but I need advice on what size would look good on the top of her ear, and I also need to find a place to get just one stud. Thanks so much!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/6/2009 11:54:27 AM
Author:mountainman99
Hello everyone! You all helped me find a great diamond for my fiancee's engagement ring, and now I'm back to see what you recommend. Money is tight now, and I've already got a gift for my fiancee, but I want to get her something else for our wedding day. Since I can't really afford some nice diamond stud earrings for her now, I'm going to wait and do that for our anniversary. What I would like to get her is a single diamond stud earring for the piercing she has in the top of her left ear. The one she has now was what they gave her when she got it pierced, and she'll probably borrow earrings for the wedding, but she wouldn't have anything for that single piercing. It's a perfect idea, but I need advice on what size would look good on the top of her ear, and I also need to find a place to get just one stud. Thanks so much!
Hi MM!

This shouldn't be a problem, I would think most of the vendors should be able to set a diamond as a single stud without difficulty. Can you give us an idea of budget please, then we can see what we can find for that?

Or alternatively how about setting a single diamond in a pendant? This wouldn't cost a lot more and could make a wonderful wedding gift?

mountainman99

Rough_Rock
I like the idea of the pendant, but she''s wearing a strapless dress, and she''s actually told me she''s afraid a pendant wouldn''t show up. I''m hoping to give her something to wear on our wedding day, so I''d hate it if she didn''t want to wear what I give her. As for $ amount, I''m not even sure what''s possible. $300 would be good, but I could be sounding crazy right now. I guess, I''m thinking this should be more affordable because the diamond is going to be much smaller than those you would normally wear in a pair of studs. She doesn''t have much jewelry, and has very simple tastes, and I want this to complement her future earrings, and not dwarf them, so I''m thinking .25 carat or less, but even .25 might be too big. White gold would be the metal of choice. If there''s any other details needed, let me know! Thanks so much!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/6/2009 1:15:34 PM
Author: mountainman99
I like the idea of the pendant, but she's wearing a strapless dress, and she's actually told me she's afraid a pendant wouldn't show up. I'm hoping to give her something to wear on our wedding day, so I'd hate it if she didn't want to wear what I give her. As for $ amount, I'm not even sure what's possible. $300 would be good, but I could be sounding crazy right now. I guess, I'm thinking this should be more affordable because the diamond is going to be much smaller than those you would normally wear in a pair of studs. She doesn't have much jewelry, and has very simple tastes, and I want this to complement her future earrings, and not dwarf them, so I'm thinking .25 carat or less, but even .25 might be too big. White gold would be the metal of choice. If there's any other details needed, let me know! Thanks so much!
I will take a look and see what is out there which might suit you, glad to help! Also I wouldn't worry about .25 being too big, this is a very small size.

I don't know if you can manage a bit over $300, this one came up which could work - but I don't know if you have much flexibility or not pricewise. There is a discount for a bank wire payment.

http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/Whiteflash-ACA-cut-diamond-117.htm#

This one could work and is $300 - http://www.dimendscaasi.com/diamonds/diamondDetail.asp?stockNum=YMR11-42

http://www.bluenile.co.uk/round-diamond-1-carat-or-less-ideal-cut-g-color-si1-clarity_LD01489678 -= $325

http://www.bluenile.co.uk/round-diamond-1-carat-or-less-ideal-cut-g-color-si1-clarity_LD01487826 - $305

http://www.bluenile.co.uk/round-diamond-1-carat-or-less-ideal-cut-j-color-vs2-clarity_LD01068279 - $322

Doing a search it would appear Blue Nile has quite a few diamonds which might suit you.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Check with WF if the sell just 1 instead of a pair of their ready set to go earrings.

mountainman99

Rough_Rock
Nice! I''ll check these out!

Thanks!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/6/2009 2:12:53 PM
Author: mountainman99
Nice! I''ll check these out!

Thanks!
Glad to help!
35.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ditto, I think most vendors shouldn''t have a problem selling you just one stud earring. I would call up WF and see if they can sell you half of a "ready set go" pair of bezel earrings. This would get you a very well-cut diamond for the price (although by going ready set go, you can''t upgrade later on).

mountainman99

Rough_Rock
I can''t call right now because I''m at work, but I''ve emailed them, and I''m anxious to hear back. I don''t mind the ready set go ones. The price is good, and due to the circumstances, I can''t see upgrading this diamond. Is there a reason why you suggested the bezel over the martini or 4 prong?

Thanks

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Think bezel gives the appearance of a slightly bigger stone.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
HI all!
I agree- the bezel will increase the look of the piece.
I also agree with Lorelei, it shouldn't be a problem for most vendors to supply a single earring.
Here's one we did in rose gold- it was ordered as a single, and was .26cts

Sorry for the out of focus photo....

r2891a.jpg

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It was a Martini Bezel- here''s a side view

r2891b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results