shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding planning update!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
Or should I say wedding decision update due to the fact that the wedding coordinator is yet again out of the office. Her father''s very sick and I''ve got a bad feeling he''s dying. I''m kinda nervous about this, I really hope this isn''t going to be a problem for our wedding day.
32.gif
(I feel dreadful thinking that).

Anyway, on to the update!
Dress: I''ve ordered a two-piece wedding dress to be made for me by a local clothing designer/dressmaker. The top is an ivory silk corset with a sweetheart neckline, halter straps, and curved corset ribs. It laces up the back with ribbons and it''s covered in embroidered vines and little flowers in three different shades of ivory and white. The ivory skirt is an ankle length full skirt with a bottom layer of heavier silk chameuse (sp?) and a slightly longer layer of silk chiffon. (very floaty and it twirls!)

Groom''s clothes: He''ll be wearing a white jacquard (sp?) Tommy bahamas silk shirt and natural colored silk shorts. He tried to order them online from pretty much the only company we could find online but something went wrong and it mucked up his card without giving him the clothes. He emailed them about it and they never responded.
29.gif
So no clothes for him yet. Does anyone have any suggestions for places to buy Tommy Bahamas online?

Rings: We''ve ordered a 4mm flat 14k rose gold ring with a titanium stripe in the middle made by Jerry Spalding. It''s going to be customized by making the profile .2mm lower. We''ve ordered a custom ring in palladium for me that will be a replica of a platinum ring with bright polished beveled sides and milgrain with a hand-engraved floral motif in the center.

Accesories: I''ve ordered a headband made of silver colored wire, porcelain flowers and seed pearls. My hair will be down, hopefully in smooth shiny curls/waves. (I have no idea how to make that happen. I''ve got great hair but I can''t even blowdry it. I don''t think I need to wear a necklace in addition to the lei but I have silvery grey pearls. I haven''t decided on earrings yet. Fi gave me little silver dolphin earrings which are my favorite and only silver colored earrings. I may borrow diamond earrings from my mother or sister.

Flowers: We''ve finally settled on leis which has led to a wedding color scheme of bright yellow and white. I''ll be wearing a flat white ginger lei, he''ll be wearing an open-ended leafy green Maile lei twined with yellow ginger. Our families will all be wearing leis made from a strand of white ginger and a strand of yellow ginger twined together.
Mine:
1018_m300.jpg

I don''t know what I''ll do for a bouquet now that I have these colors. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Food and Drink: Due to Kona Village being an all-inclusive dinner is included other than the set up for a private decorated table on the beach. So food will probably be whatever the chefs are making that night, but we''re going to specify the drinks since those are extra anyway. We''ll be having beer from the Kona Brewing company (very yummy you should try it) and a Nigori-style sake. (My mother''s been making ''it''s tacky to get drunk on your wedding night'' comments. oy!)

Our cake will be a vanilla cake with buttercream frosting and a tart lemon custard filling. It''ll be decorated with yellow ginger flowers.
30.gif
This wasn''t one of the options she gave us... but it''s also non-negotiable. I WANT THAT CAKE! *cough*

Announcements: we haven''t ordered them yet, but we''ve agreed on a simple floral japanese theme, I''ve found one in, of course, yellow and white!
2.gif

Music and photography: Theoretically these are the Coordinators problem. All I know is that we''ll have a guitarist playing hawaiian wedding songs, and that our pictures will be after the ceremony at sunset on the beach.
5.gif

Ceremony: uh... not much has happened on this front. We''re thinking of ideas like a sea water blessing of the rings and traditional vows. My mother has requested that we not have a ''funky'' ceremony.
20.gif
I told her I couldn''t make any promises!
9.gif
But I need to talk to the coordinator to actually get the contact info for the officiant.

We need haircuts. Mine is simple, but he''s never had a haircut he likes. He''s got shoulder length hair that gets curlier and fluffier the shorter it gets. I envision him with long layered and shaped hair like some male model. How to get this to happen, I''m not sure.
2.gif

Um... What am I forgetting?

Oh yeah, my mother thinks I''m so calm, but I just vent to you guys!
31.gif
I''m soo freaked out by the fact that I keep getting ''out of the office for family emergency emails'' from my Coordinator. *Deap Breath*
32.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Indie, sounds like you''re doing great! I noticed you were looking for recommendations of places to buy TB online...unfortunately I don''t have any, but I would check with Nordstrom''s or other upscale department stores to see if the buyers could help you out with finding that shirt. Do you have a style number for it?

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Nordstrom carries TB online. And here are some bouquet ideas...what kind of style are you going for? You have a lot done...and it all sounds so beautiful! Any more pics of things to share?

yellowbouquetideas.JPG

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
Oooh, I love the bottom two! That''s just perfect! I think I''ll combine the bottom two, the white orchids with yellow centers and yellow roses. I''m looking for a casual and relaxed look. The ruffled edges on the white orchids would give it a soft look.
5.gif

Here are the invitations I''m thinking of:
4245473.jpg

And this is his ring.... but it''s not quite this orange color. It''s a proper rose gold.
Bands57.jpg

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
oh, and unfortunately Nordstroms online does not carry any of the white on white prints. They do have a herringbone weave in white which I''ll point out to him. They also have some nice shorts.

Also unfortunately we have no Nordstoms in our state.
8.gif

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
Well, with the exception of the wedding coordinator, sounds like you have everything under control -- yay! I LOVE The invites and the yellows, btw. Good luck on the tommy bahama thing --- wish i could help but i know nothing. i''ve been searching for a linen suit for matt for the beach and have pretty much dead-ended there, so i feel your pain on that one. I have to say, I can''t WAIT to see pics of your dress--- sounds gorgeous!!!!
1.gif

jen

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
I''ll be sure to take pics at the fitting in a couple of weeks.
5.gif

It''s really fustrating to find beachy wear for an early spring wedding. I know jcrew had a linen suit, but they don''t currently. You could try calling their wedding people and seeing when it might come back.

I just had the brilliant idea (duh!) to use the store finder on the TB site and found a store with a white shirt in a nearby city. yay!

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Indie: Sounds like you have made excellent progress! I so need to follow your lead!!

Love the wedding bands!! Contemporary, unique and classy. And I love the idea of the leis, fits right in with your Hawaiian theme. As for the wedding coordinator, that''s unfortunate. Hopefully she can hand things over to someone who is capable of filling her shoes while she deals with her family situation. Really it''s more important for her to be with her Dad and she can''t concentrate on doing weddings if she is distracted.

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Indie, you are ready for the wedding!! Is there a backup wedding coordinator when yours is out of the office? If not, can you ask them to give you one?
Can''t wait to see your dress! The rings sounds very pretty, and I like the picture that you attached a lot! I like the titanium rings a lot and wish my FI did too but he''s set on your standard shiny, gold ring.
Do you think a friend or family member can do your hair for you on the big day?
I like that you''re using lei''s. That''s neat to incorporate the culture of where you will be and so pretty.
Cake sounds good! I''m sure the pictures will be beautiful and the guitarist sounds great.
The invites are very pretty. I like that paper a lot!

Great job Indie! Everything is really coming along.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results