shape
carat
color
clarity

wedding jewelry help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
hi there!

i am in the middle of planning my wedding and got my dress for an absolute steal! so i thought to myself.. why not spend some of the money i saved on my dress on some beautiful wedding jewelry.

problem is …. i have no idea where to start to look on-line.

i''m thinking about WG / smokey quartz -or- WG / peridot –or-both (since brown and green are my "colors")

i''m also loving the chandelier earring with maybe a multi-layered necklace.

any ideas?

thanks in advance!!!

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
I think it''s awesome that you want to wear something "real" on your wedding day-

would you want this to be set in white or yellow gold or sterling?

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
OK- I just saw you put down WG as your metal choice.
But I love this ring- it''s a VW knock-off
6028347328_LG.jpg

This Scott Kay Sterling Necklace is lovely, but might be a little chunky to wear w/ a wedding dress.
6020335418_LG.jpg

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
dtnyc -- did you find all of those on overstock? i''m going to check them out right now.... i even like how they layered the two necklaces together!

love love love!!!!

to get a visual.. here is my dress

mynicolemillerdress.png

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
I just did quick searches on smartbargains.com and overstock.com. I wasn''t sure about their jewelry- but I bought my mom a blue topaz oval halo ring set in WG from smartbargains.com for Christmas and was very happy with the quality.

Overstock seems to have more selection in the colors you are looking for.

That''s a gorgeous dress BTW! Very chic!

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
thanks! wow!!!

i love the briolette necklaces! maybe i could layer the single smoky quartz with the multi peridot. too much???

and those halos! yummy! since i didn''t get one for the e-ring.. maybe i could talk the FI into something for the wedding ;-)

another visual...we are getting married on the beach -- really simple and small -- which is why i thought i could splurge a bit on the jewelry :)

and yes.... i did get the dress on ebay... for 1/2 price with tags! brand new.... i''m a believer!!!

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
Here is another necklace- goes w/ earrings already posted- /www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2.cgi?PAGE=PROFRAME&PROD_ID=1671279" target="_blank">

L10044542.jpg

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
The halo pendants are definitely a little "dressier" and I think more traditional then the briolette necklaces- I think that the briolette and drop ones are more modern and would look better w/ your dress. I don''t know what your overall style is- but to me it''s more of a fit style wise.

I think that the 2 necklaces together might be a bit much, but w/ proper length/layering it could work. At $80 and $95, it wouldn''t be a wildly expensive experiments and if they didn''t work together maybe you could give the one you don''t like away as a gift?

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
agreed!

originally i was thinking a wildly chunky 6-7 strand clear lucite multi-layered necklace with some lucite bangles.... but it really didn''t go with the "earthy -- romantic" feel i was hoping for. we are also incorporating a lot of wood elements -- so i was thinking about doing some wood jewelry but i think something more precious is the way to go.... i''ve also considered chocolate diamond / smoky quartz combo......

another question.... my rings are plat. however... i think that with the ivory color of the dress and my skin tone yellow gold accessories (& gold fancy flip flops) would go better.... think it would look weird with my rings? i am planning on getting a yellow diamond band to sit with my e-rings --- here''s a picture.

myprecious113.jpg

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
I have no issue mixing metals- especially if you are getting a yellow gold band to go w/ those. I love the mixed stack look.

ETA- also I agree w/ you that the lucite plan wouldn't have worked w/ the earthy-romantic thing. I think that the briolette options are much more organic designs, than the lucite or even the halo options.

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
I mix metals all the time. besides your rings are more bling than metal!!

I am liking the briolette pieces for your dress.
36.gif
36.gif

also I loved creme-de-luxe.com for jewelry styles, they can do custom (I presume yo ucould request specific colors)

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
me too!

thanks for the lead.. i''m going to check it out right now.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Redenvelope.com has a lovely neckalce called "The Fiendship Necklace" that is made up of briolettes of different semi-precious stones. It''s only $115 too. I actually got it for Christmas this year and it is even more lovely in person than online. I dress it up and down.

Here''s a link to the entire jewelery page and http://search.redenvelope.com/search/controller_search.jsp?Ntt=%2Frecipient%2Ffor+her%2Fjewelry+%2B+accessories&viewall=142&giftRes=yes&N=8085&envSuff=&BV_SessionID=@@@@0905979870.1170339030@@@@&BV_EngineID=cceladdjmkdmghjcefecefedfgfdfmh.0&nc2=1

VD7_182179_W.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results