shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding Insurance

Have you bought wedding insurance for your upcoming or past wedding?

• Bought it for upcoming wedding

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Bought it for wedding that already took place

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
I did a search on this topic and this thread popped out...

So quite a lot of people are seriously considering it. For those who bought it, could you care to let me know how much it cost?
Our main concern is the photographer, potential band, and my family. None of them have insurance, and if anything happens to the venue it''s our necks. My family is going to decorate the gazebo and the arches, and I''m deathly afraid that they are going to be climbing that thing and break something
23.gif

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
About 200 or so (depending on how much coverage/what your overall budget is). It really isn''t expensive. And if you don''t end up using it, then THANK GOD!

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Lanie. I saw your other post. Where is your new location at? Are you happy with it?

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you Choro! Are you in the Houston area?

New location is Courtyard at St. James. It''s not my first choice, but it''s going to have to do. It was really cool because the Rachael Ray show threw all of the people that were affected by the bankruptcy a giant "wedding". There were 50 couples, and about 5 of us didn''t really get married on the show, but I still got to go to the reception. It was really pretty and so nice of her. She even gave us a trip to Mexico!

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Sweet!
36.gif

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/27/2009 8:18:35 PM
Author: choro72
I did a search on this topic and this thread popped out...

So quite a lot of people are seriously considering it. For those who bought it, could you care to let me know how much it cost?
Our main concern is the photographer, potential band, and my family. None of them have insurance, and if anything happens to the venue it''s our necks. My family is going to decorate the gazebo and the arches, and I''m deathly afraid that they are going to be climbing that thing and break something
23.gif

UPDATE:

I ended up buying wedding insurance through the Fireman''s Fund/RV Nuccio. It ended up costing about $350, but our wedding costs are going to be on the upper end.

The reasons I bought it were:
1. 90% of the people are traveling, including us and the majority of the wedding party. Should people not be able to get there due to sickness or natural disaster, ie a hurricane in South Florida, the plan would cover the cancelation of the wedding (including all costs!)
2. I am freaked out about the dress and traveling with it, so the insurance gives me piece of mind with that.
3. People are going bankrupt/belly up in EVERY industry, so in the event that one of the umpteen vendors is one of them, I will get back my deposit and be able to pay for a replacement.
4. If the pictures are damaged, stolen, etc. it pays for the entire bridal party to reassemble (including plane and lodging costs) so you can retake shots. Since pics are VERY important to us, this was a huge benefit.

Let me know if anyone has any questions...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results