shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding gift ideas for her

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nengland

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

Thanks again for all the help on choosing the diamond. We''ve been engaged for a month now (almost exactly) and it''s amazing how quickly the wedding plans are coming together for this summer.

With the wedding quickly coming, I''m trying to think of a nice gift to give her in the form of some jewelry. At first I thought it was going to be an easy pearl choker. James Allen has what appears to be a nice one with some pearls BUT she picked out the wedding dress, it''s a halter, and I''ve been told that pendants are better suited for halters. (someone please stop me here if that''s wrong)

So, with the three strand choker out of the running I''m thinking pendants. The budget is $500.00.

She has a 1/3 c princess cut pendant right now. One option would be to reset that in WG to match her e-ring and use the extra money to get a small pair of matching studs. I like this option because she ALWAYS wears that pendant and it''d be nice to have it better coordinate with her e-ring (and soon wedding ring). What I don''t like about this is I''m not sure if there''d be much left over for decent studs. She''s relatively petite... are 1/3 TCW studs embaressingly small?

Another option would be to stick with the pearl idea and do a pendant with maybe some nice diamond pave work. The great thing about this would be she could borrow some pearl studs from her mom for the ceremony and then that''d be the something borrowed. She likes her pedants falling close to the chain (nothing dangly). Here was one idea from Amazon. I''m just not sure how it would look in person or if it''s classic enough to match her ring. The idea is there though... pearl, diamond pave, holding close to the chain.

original.aspx

original.aspx

The third option would be a diamond pendant. The budget is too contrained for a solitaire, but a cluster might work? There''s always the flower cluster on White Flash with ACA diamonds. Hrm....

Please help.
33.gif

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Too risky to give any neckwear with a halter neckline. Either give it to be worn whenever, or do a bracelet or earrings.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
yeh, i don't usually do a necklace with a halter.

check out the wf diamond bangle. not sure of the prices though. that was what my surprise wedding gift was and i love it!

eta: also, would pearl studs work? that'd be a wonderful gift as well.

nengland

Rough_Rock
So I wouldn''t even be safe with something like the WF pendant?

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry, but halters really look best without any necklaces.

Could you get her HER OWN pair of beautiful pearl studs?

Or a bracelet usually looks gorgeous with halters...

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Some halter neck dresses don't really leave much room for a necklace (see attached pic) - or if it does it can look a bit fussy. Maybe a nice bracelet or diamond earrings would be nice
1.gif

p014_sage.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think you are safer buying a nice pair of pearl studs or a bracelet.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
That picture is HUGE - I do apologise
4.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/15/2007 5:37:28 PM
Author: Kaleigh
I think you are safer buying a nice pair of pearl studs or a bracelet.

I agree. I wore a nice pair of pearl drop earring for my wedding and loved them although they weren''t a gift from my hubby. I think earrings or a bracelet would be a better idea too..

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OH, my favorite wedding jewelry particularly for someone with an antique style e-ring would be Beverley K. Pearlmans and Dimend Scaasi carry it. The pearl drops are gorgeous and there are others with all diamonds that might work. Although it might be safer to do a bracelet, except that they will be more expensive.

http://www.dimendscaasi.com/english/earring/default.asp

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d go with a bracelet or some earrings as others have mentioned. Sometimes you can get away with a Y-style necklace on a halter though.

nengland

Rough_Rock
Diamondseeker, those are all SO nice but just right outside of budget. You''ve got great taste though!

nengland

Rough_Rock
Maybe some pearl studs with a thin diamond halo? Hrm.

nengland

Rough_Rock
That''s a great idea Ellen! Thanks.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/15/2007 7:40:51 PM
Author: nengland
That''s a great idea Ellen! Thanks.
You''re welcome!

Every girl should have some pearls.
28.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Here''s a pair of 7mm pearl studs with a .15 carat diamond from Blue Nile at $420 for another option.

BlueNilepearlstud.jpg

Apocalypse

Rough_Rock
What about something blue?? You know the saying, something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue!

My vote would be blue sapphire studs! You can give them to her the night before :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results