shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding Favors

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/27/2008 6:50:24 AM
Author: violet02
Date: 4/20/2008 6:47:06 PM

Author: SarahLovesJS

Date: 4/20/2008 3:34:53 PM

Date: 4/20/2008 1:10:27 PM

Just wanted to update: I am thinking about using these if we do a sit-down dinner. So cute!

And on a side note I love these:

Great for winter wedding!

Cute

Wedding Cake Candles!

The silver teapot placecard holders are exactly what I''m using for my wedding favors, among other things. All of my centerpieces will be placed in antique silver teapots and other flower arrangements will be in the cream and sugars that match the teapots so I thought that would match perfectly. I just ordered a few recently to see how they look in person.
1.gif

Ohh! Can you post them when they come?
1.gif
Where did you get the antique teapots? I love that idea!

Hey Sarah,

I took forever to take photos of these but I finally did and I''m posting them as promised! Forgive the crappy lighting and photos... I want to say that I wasn''t sure how they were going to look and was a bit suprised by the ''1/2'' teapot (back half being the placecard holder) but they still are very cute. I ordered 4 as a sample so I''m going to go ahead and order more for all of our placecards, they''re nice.

For anyone else reading this here''s a link to where they''re sold: http://www.myweddingfavors.com/teapot-placecard-holder.html

The only thing I''m still confused about is how to convey to people that they are okay to take home with them. Do you just put a little card on the table saying please take, these are a gift or what? My wedding planner thinks we should place them at each seat not all on a table together. So it will be assigned seating but I''m sure people will move around if they want. I just don''t see how they''ll think they''re ok to take home.

Thank you so much for posting them! Hmm I am a bit surprised as well that they are half a tea pot, but it makes sense I suppose. They are adorable! People are going to love them. Hmm. Well if you placed them at each seat it''d insure everyone got one I suppose. I think people would assume they were theirs. The last wedding that I went to where they did something like that I was like, "Ummm can we take these?" And after discussing it with FI and some friends I decided, "Yep these are the favors." So if you want to avoid that totally you could try to put a note on their card maybe on the back or something? That said something like, "Please accept this tea pot as a gift." Something less corny than that of course, I am sleepy.
5.gif
A note on the table would also work. Anyway, glad to see that they are cute! I am trying to decide between a sit-down dinner and cocktail reception. Once I make that decision I''ll know whether to order them or not.

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/27/2008 7:23:06 AM

Thank you so much for posting them! Hmm I am a bit surprised as well that they are half a tea pot, but it makes sense I suppose. They are adorable! People are going to love them. Hmm. Well if you placed them at each seat it'd insure everyone got one I suppose. I think people would assume they were theirs. The last wedding that I went to where they did something like that I was like, 'Ummm can we take these?' And after discussing it with FI and some friends I decided, 'Yep these are the favors.' So if you want to avoid that totally you could try to put a note on their card maybe on the back or something? That said something like, 'Please accept this tea pot as a gift.' Something less corny than that of course, I am sleepy.
5.gif
A note on the table would also work. Anyway, glad to see that they are cute! I am trying to decide between a sit-down dinner and cocktail reception. Once I make that decision I'll know whether to order them or not.
That's a good idea! I like the idea of the note on the back of the card... that's if they flip it over of course, heh. Either that or just a note on the table. I actually have a few perplexing favor questions, I'll put together a separate post on that.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Sounds good!! I probably won''t be the first to answer since I have to leave soon, but I''ll definitely weigh in tonight.
4.gif

theresa59

Rough_Rock
35.gif
we''re doing CD favors -- that have our favorite songs, pictures of us, and video clips. We got them at:
Elegant Labels Company

ringster

Brilliant_Rock
The only thing I''m still confused about is how to convey to people that they are okay to take home with them. Do you just put a little card on the table saying please take, these are a gift or what? My wedding planner thinks we should place them at each seat not all on a table together. So it will be assigned seating but I''m sure people will move around if they want. I just don''t see how they''ll think they''re ok to take home.

what about tying a little ribbon with a tag with both of your names and the wedding date to the handle of the teapot or the top of the teapot? that usually makes it clear that they are favors for the guests.

will they have the guest name and table number on the placecard ? if so, then then putting them at each seat kind of defeats the purpose i think of using them as placecards. plus it is always makes a nice picture when all of the placecards are on the table together.

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/6/2008 3:37:46 PM
Author: ringster

what about tying a little ribbon with a tag with both of your names and the wedding date to the handle of the teapot or the top of the teapot? that usually makes it clear that they are favors for the guests.

will they have the guest name and table number on the placecard ? if so, then then putting them at each seat kind of defeats the purpose i think of using them as placecards. plus it is always makes a nice picture when all of the placecards are on the table together.
I think the little thing would topple over! I was going to use favor tags on the tins of candy. I could add a note on the tag about all the favors or on the back of the placecard. The idea of putting them at each seat came from the planner. The card would just have their name on it. I''m wondering if people would pick up the whole thing if it''s all sitting on the table or just grab the card. If it''s at each seat then we''d have a list up front saying what table each person is at.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results