shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding Decor Advice Needed...

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Décor Advice Please! :appl:

So I thought I had my wedding colors nailed down but I am having trouble with the reception décor, specifically the tables. I really don’t want them to be too ‘busy’. Right now, our colors are pink and gold with a touch of black.

So far it looks something like this:

All flowers will be pink ranunculus.

My dress is ivory. My daughter’s FG dress is ivory with a black sash. SO is wearing a tan suit with a black tie.

We have black lanterns to set on the beach as our ‘altar area’ and each will have pink flowers on top (See pic).

lantern.jpg

I am kind of in love with a burlap banner Mr & Mrs cake topper right now (See pic). We are doing a cake for us to cut and then cupcakes.

cake_topper_1.png

To give you an idea, our ceremony will be on a lake and our reception will be at a small historic lakeside restaurant. All of our guests will be staying in really nice cabins for the weekend and we are not having any attendents.

Okay, so here is where I am stuck. For the centerpieces, I am spray painting mason jars gold, dipping them in glitter, and they will hold a small bouquet of ranunculus. I am also making small mason jar candles that will be white and go around the center pieces, a few per table. I would like to find black ribbon or lace or something to go around them.

centerpieces_1.jpg
mason_jars.jpg
mini_candles.jpg
lace.jpg

The table cloths will be white. I CANNOT, for the life of me, decide on a table runner or if I should just not include that. I am having a hard time picturing all of it I guess.
Here is the runner I kind of love:

runner_1.jpg

But I also love these place cards and programs to give off sort of a ‘rustic elegance’ (no twine though...):

placecard_2.png
programs_0.png

And I feel like all of that together would be too much...
Should I do a plain black runner? I don’t love all black because I feel like its still springtime and while I am going for elegant, it feels too dark. Maybe gray? What do you think?

I know, I am sort of being nuts but you all always have such great ideas and advice… and I would really like to order the table coverings in the next month or so. Help me! :naughty: :tongue: :errrr:

4ever

Ideal_Rock
The black and white runner dosnt go with the rest of your table decor, both in colour and theme. The rest of the decor seems bright, summery with a handmade feel and the runner is more modern/formal.

IMO either no runner or a softer colour would work better and sounds more in line with the theme/styling it sounds like you're imagining.

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock
What about burlap to go with your banner? Fabric stores carry it by the yard and it's fairly cheap. They have very rustic looking burlap as well a finer smoother kind. If you want to get crafty you can hand stamp table numbers or stencil quotes on each table.

recordaras

Shiny_Rock
I think I have to agree about the black table runner - I think it would look a little harsh with the other table decor... Although if you really love it you could test it out with some inexpensive fabric first!
As for table runners, have you seen these lace/burlap ones? It would depend on how much of a rustic look you are going for, though.

il_fullxfull_7.jpg

il_fullxfull_8.jpg

il_fullxfull_9.jpg

il_fullxfull_10.jpg

recordaras

Shiny_Rock
PS - our decor is fairly different, but our venue is also providing white tablecloths, and I think we'll be doing very simple white or off white lace table runners.

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the advice. I would do burlap runners but the room we are renting is a bit more formal than that.

The reason I chose the burlap cake topper is because we are headed back to the cabin for dessert so it goes with the cabin-y feel of our 'after-party'. I think I need to change up our place cards to be a little more elegant.

I do love the lace look. I wonder if I did soft pink table runners or white lace....

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
I am thinking gold might tie everything together a little better...

Maybe one of these?

ideas.jpg
crinkle.jpg
f15a_run_lam_gold-2.jpg

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Elisateach|1388236239|3581804 said:
What about burlap to go with your banner? Fabric stores carry it by the yard and it's fairly cheap. They have very rustic looking burlap as well a finer smoother kind. If you want to get crafty you can hand stamp table numbers or stencil quotes on each table.

That's genius. It would be fun to stencil stuff on them. Ill have to check the fabric store. When I think burlap, I cant help but think of the super rustic kind. Smoother stuff might be perfect. Thanks!

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
This is kind of amazing... I could possibly DIY...

c8e99e83168ecc5fe53ae893a10c461d.jpg

Rebecca0388

Rough_Rock
What about a black lace runner? Or ivory lace? Gold sequins? I hired full length gold sequin table cloths for some of the tables at my engagement and they looked amazing.

I love the gold jars I made similar ones also for my engagement party, just so you know the glitter will still come off the jars even when dry and sticks to everything!

Rebecca0388

Rough_Rock
I really like the gold runner you posted above :)

_13166.jpg

_13168.jpg

_13167.jpg

_13170.jpg

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
I had the same problem you did figuring out a table runner, and my colors were almost exactly the same as yours (we did gold, blush pink, and ivory). Ultimately, what I did was order a bunch of extra flower petals and use those as a "runner." I was really happy with how it turned out, it looked so soft and romantic.

This is the photo that inspired me to go that direction

petal_runner.jpg

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Elisateach|1388326195|3582439 said:
antiquesparkler said:
This is kind of amazing... I could possibly DIY...

I love this!
Check out this site
http://www.save-on-crafts.com/hempcording.html

Thank you much for all the suggestions! I appreciate it so much!

I actually went and bought enough of the burlap above (gold sparkly dots already on there!) and I love it! It's really rustic glam which is our new 'theme'. :bigsmile:

Not to mention I had a coupon AND there was a tiny flaw in it so they gave me 75% off one yard and 40% off the other 3. :appl:

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you do the gold table runner, I think you should leave the mason jar clear. Of course, do a trial run, but my opinion is that if there is a gold table runner and a gold mason jar, there is too much gold on the table.

Rebecca0388

Rough_Rock
House Cat|1388419812|3583032 said:
If you do the gold table runner, I think you should leave the mason jar clear. Of course, do a trial run, but my opinion is that if there is a gold table runner and a gold mason jar, there is too much gold on the table.

I can understand how this would seem too much but the gold on gold actually looks great together.

I love those table runners perfect combination of rustic glam! Come back with more photos as you progress.

Sorry to thread jack but star sparkle do you have any other photos you would like to share of the flower petals??! I was thinking of doing something similar along the front of our bridal table :)

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
I will be sure and post more pictures as things progress with the runners. With the burlap and the gold dots and the gold mason jars, it might be okay but I will certainly try one out before I paint/glitter them all. Thank you all!

Threadjack away! Feel free to post about decor in this thread all you want! We can all help eachother out! :bigsmile:

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
What are you guys doing for table numbers?

growersbox.com sells real rose petals very reasonable in an assortment of colors... they will ship anywhere! I think a rose petal table runner would be amazing!!

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
More questions!

White table cloths...

This is our table runner:

Here is our centerpieces...
mason_jars.jpg

Our place cards...
placescards.jpg

We are making candles in small mason jars but I cant figure out how to dress up the mason jars... I was thinking lace. Like this:

lace.jpg

But I am sort of worried about it being too much... so then I found this gold and pearl garland and thought it might be cute to wrap a couple of times around the mason jars.

candles.jpg

What do you guys think? Is the lace too much? I am not a huge fan of twine so the pearls sort of make sense as an alternative.

Thanks for all your help! :D

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results