shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding Bands

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
Almost all of the ladies in LIW have had/are having input in their engagement ring. I'm going to assume the wedding band has also crossed most/all of our minds!

Do you have any plans? New/vintage? Gold/platnium? Plain/eternity? Will it sit flush? Have you tried any on yet? Will it match your SO's, or your ering?

Inquiring minds want to know! :wavey:

jmarshall

Shiny_Rock
I'm not a lady (still not sure if that precludes me from posting in this section of PS or not.....) but MY lady will have this band (at least I'm assuming, it matches the e-ring I bought her)

http://gabrielny.com/engaged/style/WB8958W44JJ

I would just like a plain comfort fit band in a matching metal.... Here's the ridiculous part... I think mine is going to end up being more $$$$ than hers!!!!!!!!!!!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
You're on a roll Chewie! Good topics!

Originally I had always wanted something like the Tiffany Swing (the alternating marquise and round bezel band) because I tried it on once at Tiffany's with the Novo and I liked how it looked. But now I'm not so sure how it would look with the Tacori plus there are a whole host of other ideas out there.

Right now, I am thinking I would actually like an antique wedding band, either with intricate engraving and/or diamonds. If we *really* go all out I would LOVE one of the elongated French cut/OEC bands from Singlestone, but not sure if I want to pay an arm and a leg for it. We shall see.

Dude, jmarshall, how would your band come out more expensive, especially if hers has diamonds? Is it just because of the extra metal they would need to use for your size? (I don't even know what your size ring is, I am just basing this on the assumption that generally guys' ring sizes are larger than ladies')

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Chewie! Trying to keep things lively around here I see ;-)

I am probably going with a .50 - 7 stone shared prong in platinum OR the 7 stone U prong from WF (or similar lol) for my *main* wedding band. Does any one have a preference one over the other? Pros/cons? I dont like the profile view of the shared prong as much as the t&co one... I have tried on shared prong, but never u prong...
http://www.whiteflash.com/wedding-bands/seven-stone-shared-prong-diamond-wedding-band-442.htm
http://www.whiteflash.com/wedding-bands/annettes-u-prong-7-stone-diamond-wedding-ring-2321.htm

My 2nd will be a pink gold Cartier LOVE wedding band. This will be for days I don't wear e ring or blingy wb which might be quite often due to my job, we shall see. But we tried it on and fell in love!!! It looks really pretty rose gold in person but this website picture leaves much to be desired...LOL :confused: http://www.cartier.us/collections/bridal/wedding-bands/love/b4085200-love-wedding-band. I eventually would like a cartier love bracelet too :naughty:

As for my FF he is getting a platinum double milgrain 6mm band from Tiffany & Co. He has also tried on numerous rings and he keeps coming back to this one. So he will get it. And my 2 bands cost only a couple hundred more than his one band lol. It's funny when you hold it how HEAVY it is. He loved the weight to it. He couldn't turn back after trying it on...LOL :love:
http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Ite...-p+10-c+288152-r+101323340-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+

ETA: links

jmarshall

Shiny_Rock
pandabee|1373460304|3480174 said:
Dude, jmarshall, how would your band come out more expensive, especially if hers has diamonds? Is it just because of the extra metal they would need to use for your size? (I don't even know what your size ring is, I am just basing this on the assumption that generally guys' ring sizes are larger than ladies')

I guess now that I look again it's not much more, actually probably around the same...It's because my band is (1) wider and (2) larger, size 7 as opposed to 14.5

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
pandabee|1373460304|3480174 said:

Depends on materials and ummm brand increase (in my case) and design. I saw a "similar" platinum wb on blue nile and it was 1700-ish. still more expensive than *some* diamond wbs. I'm not even kidding, i was SURPRISED to see such a little ring weigh so much...i wasn't expecting it!

Have you ever looked at the tacori mens wb? UMMM SO tried one on that was almost 4k...it was PLAIN PLATINUM!!!! :errrr: thank god he didn't like that one!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Hmm interesting haven't looked much into men's bands so didn't realize that even the plain plat ones (from a basic retailer like BN) would be 1700.

Geezy petes! $4000 for Tacori...good thing we will not be going that route...I am sure that S will want to get something on the less expensive side (maybe an alternative metal?) as he is not sure he wants to wear a ring (boo hiss) and he's not big on name brands anyway.

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
pandabee|1373465180|3480208 said:
Hmm interesting haven't looked much into men's bands so didn't realize that even the plain plat ones (from a basic retailer like BN) would be 1700.

Geezy petes! $4000 for Tacori...good thing we will not be going that route...I am sure that S will want to get something on the less expensive side (maybe an alternative metal?) as he is not sure he wants to wear a ring (boo hiss) and he's not big on name brands anyway.

Im sorry the tacori one was white gold...LOL. it was just under 3800...platinum was almost 7k!!!!!! :errrr: :errrr: :errrr:

Yep...wowzas. He wanted an alternative metal until i had him try on the tiff band...how was i to know he would fall in love with it?!?!?!

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
I would have liked to get a non-matchy wedding band but I just haven't been able to find one that has the right profile, height, width etc to go with my e-ring. So, I'm getting the matching band, it looks best with the ring.

SO is getting a Tacori in yg...we'll be picking my band and his in a week or two! SImilar to LLC's FI, my SO tried on the Tacori and, well, that was it. Love at first sight, lol.

nowicanseethemoon

Shiny_Rock
As you know, I've been thinking about engagement rings a lot lately. :naughty: I found the Julia Solitaire from Jewels by Erica Grace. LOVE :love: And I really like the band they have that matches. It's a lovely little micropave band that I think would look great with or without the solitaire. And I think it's the kind of setting and band you could pair other bands with over time.

http://jewelsbyericagrace.smugmug.c...itaire/13305754_DxKwsS#!i=967068562&k=8Z9PGFk

Oh, and I am loving the antique diamonds they have. I've been drooling for days.

P.S. I forgot to mention this but I really like some of the men's bands Spexton does. http://www.spexton.com They have different metals and metal combinations and different widths. But I think my guy would like something plain and not shiny, but I want cool too.

maple2012

Shiny_Rock
Good topic!

Here are my current top contenders:

1) Five stone 20 pointer band: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/introducing-the-nightingale-by-bgd.119344/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/introducing-the-nightingale-by-bgd.119344/[/URL]

2) 3mm Channel-set band ring (Tiffany) with round brilliant and baguette diamond: http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Item.aspx?fromGrid=1&sku=GRP00326&mcat=&cid=&search_params=s+1-p+2-c+-r+-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+channel%7eset&search=1

3) 3mm Channel-set band ring (Tiffany) with round brilliant: http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Item.aspx?sku=GRP00002&mcat=&cid=&fromGrid=1&search_params=s+1-p+3-c+-r+-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+channel%7eset&search=1

These are the latest... but as with my engagement ring - I change my mind so often so we'll see what I end up with!

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
M likes this band http://www.amazon.com/8mm-Brushed-Black-CZ-Available/dp/B004S8ET3E/?ref=pd_sbs_jw_51 which he found on Pinterest (Yes, he has a Pinterest page!) :o
After following the link, I was like "Uhhh babe, that's CZ and not diamond." :errrr: :errrr:

So, I have to find this ring....somewhere out there.... with real diamonds. I've had no luck. I've found some similar styles, but he poo-pooed them. He's pickier about a ring than I am!! :sick: :lol:

lktx

Shiny_Rock
LoveLikeCrazy|1373460452|3480175 said:
My 2nd will be a pink gold Cartier LOVE wedding band. This will be for days I don't wear e ring or blingy wb which might be quite often due to my job, we shall see. But we tried it on and fell in love!!! It looks really pretty rose gold in person but this website picture leaves much to be desired...LOL :confused: http://www.cartier.us/collections/bridal/wedding-bands/love/b4085200-love-wedding-band. I eventually would like a cartier love bracelet too :naughty:

I wear the yellow gold love ring as a RHR. It is super comfortable, and it makes me happy every time I look at it. I think it would make an excellent wedding band for non-blingy days!

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
lktx|1373733749|3482420 said:
I wear the yellow gold love ring as a RHR. It is super comfortable, and it makes me happy every time I look at it. I think it would make an excellent wedding band for non-blingy days!

Great to know LKTX!!!!! In the 3 minutes i had it on my ring ringer i was in love! :love: :love: He plans on buying me the XS Trinity ring when i graduate in May and that was our "main" reason for making the trip (to get size right and also try on the diff widths...). I was originally planning a simple tiff knife edge for "non-blingy" days but that love ring is just so perfect and not a bad price comparatively due to the name brand.

post a pic plz?? :naughty:

Daisycakes617

Rough_Rock
I don't have my ring yet, but if my SO bought the one I fell in love with, I think I'm going to have a hard time finding an exact match as a wedding band. From what I recall, the band is a split shank and it's made for an oval, so the sales guy was saying that I'd have to get a custom band, which i really DON'T want if it's going to have a curve to it, because I guess there might be a day that I don't want to wear my ER and I'd want a nice looking band that I could wear solo...though after waiting forever, I'm not sure I'd really ever want to take my ER off once I get it. So, not sure what I'm going to do but I love the Cartier love ring, which totally doesn't match at all and is kinda pricy for just white gold. But it could work for plain days. I would love to have something like this:

http://www.bluenile.com/diamond-eternity-ring-platinum_7823
or this:
http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Item.aspx?sku=GRP00321&mcat=148204&cid=288152&fromGrid=1&search_params=s+5-p+10-c+288152-r+101323351-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+

But in reality, I'll probably have something like this:

http://www.bluenile.com/pave-diamond-eternity-ring-14k-white-gold_28601

lktx

Shiny_Rock
photo_146.jpg

Here you go!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
We both wanted to design our own rings together. Since I am getting an heirloom ring for an e-ring (it is a smaller diamond, but the setting is very Edwardian, and intricate and the diamond and setting work together so beautifully...I fell in love), I wanted to make sure that the band went with that ring, and everything fit nice. After a few talks we decided it would be really wonderful if he designed them and if they were a surprise, since the e-ring wasn't a surprise at all. I just gave him a few inspirations and he is doing the rest. I'm 10000% sure they will be silver, since he doesn't care much for gold, which is fine by me. I'm just excited to see what he does!

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
lktx|1373854276|3483060 said:
photo_146.jpg

Here you go!

:love: :love: :love: :love: can't wait to have my own, might have to make sure it fits on my right hands as well! Thank you for posting it :Up_to_something:

cygnet

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I want either a channel set baguette eternity band like the one below:

11529_plat_0.jpg

or the Jeff Cooper "Helena" carre cut eternity band (I'd order it sans milgrain).

helena.jpg

I guess which one I pick depends on the color of Jeff Cooper's 14KW recipe, because I've already ordered my ring in unplated 14KW. I'm a big fan of the Stuller soft white gold, so if it's a close enough match to my ring, I'll have my jeweler make me the baguette eternity. If they aren't a close match, I'll just order the Helena from Jeff Cooper.

SO says he doesn't want to wear a ring at all ( :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: I'm still not happy with it, but he says we can discuss it again closer to our wedding), but if he had to choose, he'd wear a black ceramic band. He also said he'd consider getting a tattoo if it bothers me that much that he won't wear a ring. I'd be okay with that.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
cygnet|1375382989|3494695 said:
SO says he doesn't want to wear a ring at all ( :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: I'm still not happy with it, but he says we can discuss it again closer to our wedding), but if he had to choose, he'd wear a black ceramic band. He also said he'd consider getting a tattoo if it bothers me that much that he won't wear a ring. I'd be okay with that.

At least he's willing to get a tattoo. I use the tattoo as a threat against my SO! He has said every single ring he's tried on is uncomfortable and drives him nuts (he has like a tight size 7 knuckle but a size 5 base) and I don't think anything is going to work out. :angryfire: Jerk face. My threat is to write something uber ghetto, like "He'Z mYnE bItChEzS" or something. :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire:

But I love the baguette wb for you. I like it better than the carre.

cygnet

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
madelise|1375406435|3494954 said:
At least he's willing to get a tattoo. I use the tattoo as a threat against my SO! He has said every single ring he's tried on is uncomfortable and drives him nuts (he has like a tight size 7 knuckle but a size 5 base) and I don't think anything is going to work out. :angryfire: Jerk face. My threat is to write something uber ghetto, like "He'Z mYnE bItChEzS" or something. :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire:

"He'Z mYnE bItChEzS"

I laughed so hard at this. Almost peed.

G has pretty average fingers, maybe his knuckles are a little big but they're nothing extreme. He says all rings are too uncomfortable, but the only rings he's ever worn are his obnoxious wrestling championship rings (which he's only worn once or twice because they're basically super bowl rings). That makes me roll my eyes-- of course they're uncomfortable! But all of the men I've asked who actually wear normal rings say that they don't even notice they're there after a week or two. In short, I think he's being a baby about it.

But the ring tattoo suggestion did make me feel better-- everyone says tattoos are a terrible idea and I'd rather he just wear a ring, but if he really doesn't want to, I'd be okay with that. It's not that I'm insecure or don't trust him, but I do feel that him wearing a ring is important to me and I'd be insulted if he insisted upon having a naked finger. Am I crazy for feeling that way? :confused:

So your SO won't get a tattoo? Booooooo, I'm sorry :(

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
On the subject of tattoo wedding bands, have any of you ever seen one that looks AMAZE? I love the idea in theory, the execution never blows me away.

SOOOO, I'm thinking plain band. I'll get something with stones some day, but I'd like to be wed with a plan YG band because I am VERY BORING and fickle. I'm struggling to find the kind I'm looking for though, because as it turns out plain bands have a squillion different varieties! I'm figuring they all have names, but the only ones I know are domed and pipe cut.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
cygnet|1375409111|3494975 said:
madelise|1375406435|3494954 said:

"He'Z mYnE bItChEzS"

I laughed so hard at this. Almost peed.

G has pretty average fingers, maybe his knuckles are a little big but they're nothing extreme. He says all rings are too uncomfortable, but the only rings he's ever worn are his obnoxious wrestling championship rings (which he's only worn once or twice because they're basically super bowl rings). That makes me roll my eyes-- of course they're uncomfortable! But all of the men I've asked who actually wear normal rings say that they don't even notice they're there after a week or two. In short, I think he's being a baby about it.

But the ring tattoo suggestion did make me feel better-- everyone says tattoos are a terrible idea and I'd rather he just wear a ring, but if he really doesn't want to, I'd be okay with that. It's not that I'm insecure or don't trust him, but I do feel that him wearing a ring is important to me and I'd be insulted if he insisted upon having a naked finger. Am I crazy for feeling that way? :confused:

So your SO won't get a tattoo? Booooooo, I'm sorry :(

Whoops I missed your post, C! He's not just being a baby. He has weird sensory issues. Certain fabrics, certain feelings... Will get him white, green, then on the floor. I've been there to have to physically carry his naked corpse-like body to the bed after he had an anxiety attack in the shower (I thought a cold shower would calm him down). No bueno. Haha!! BUT!! Good news! Last week we went to play with some bands at the mall jewelry stores! With a 4mm flat top (non-domed), non-comfort fit, it doesn't poke him that much. He can wear a size 6, which will get past his knuckles a bit easier. I'm happy we have an option, but it's a shitty Shane and Co band that costs way too much for 14KT gold. I'll keep searching, but at least we have that! I totally get what you mean about just wanting him to wear a ring, though. It's so romantic to me and just represents so much.

Chewbacca said:
On the subject of tattoo wedding bands, have any of you ever seen one that looks AMAZE? I love the idea in theory, the execution never blows me away.

SOOOO, I'm thinking plain band. I'll get something with stones some day, but I'd like to be wed with a plan YG band because I am VERY BORING and fickle. I'm struggling to find the kind I'm looking for though, because as it turns out plain bands have a squillion different varieties! I'm figuring they all have names, but the only ones I know are domed and pipe cut.

I haven't seen any tattoo rings that look nice. Everything I've seen looks like it belongs on a jail-bride. X_x. It doesn't help that tattoos bleed and feather into the wrinkles of skin, so it won't look nice forever.

I like a good plain YG band! It's very classic, very marriage-y. But I still think an antique style engraved band would look fab w your e-ring!!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Agreed, I haven't seen any tattoo wedding rings that I (personally) like how they turned out.

I also agree on an engraved band for you Chewie!! That would be amazeballs. I've been bookmarking a few engraved ones that I liked and I would love to find a good quality antique engraved one!

cygnet

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Oh hai :wavey:

Madelise, I hope you know I wasn't suggesting that your SO was being a baby about it. Just mine. :) Trust me, I completely understand the sensory issues thing and I wouldn't tease about that. :)

G actually popped into my work a few days ago just to say hi and he actually told me he wanted to try on wedding bands! I was so proud of him! Swoon. The only one he liked was exactly the one I thought he'd choose: a black ceramic carbide band. He liked it and said it felt okay except it was painful to pull over his knuckle repeatedly.... I told him that he was supposed to actually leave it on so that shouldn't be a problem :razz: We'll see if he warms up to the idea more. Crossing my fingers.

I've seen photos of just plain black line tattooed wedding bands and thought they looked fine, but I'm not sure how it'd look 10 years later. Hopefully he'll just give in and wear a wedding band. :))

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
cygnet|1377195749|3508136 said:
Oh hai :wavey:

Madelise, I hope you know I wasn't suggesting that your SO was being a baby about it. Just mine. :) Trust me, I completely understand the sensory issues thing and I wouldn't tease about that. :)

G actually popped into my work a few days ago just to say hi and he actually told me he wanted to try on wedding bands! I was so proud of him! Swoon. The only one he liked was exactly the one I thought he'd choose: a black ceramic carbide band. He liked it and said it felt okay except it was painful to pull over his knuckle repeatedly.... I told him that he was supposed to actually leave it on so that shouldn't be a problem :razz: We'll see if he warms up to the idea more. Crossing my fingers.

I've seen photos of just plain black line tattooed wedding bands and thought they looked fine, but I'm not sure how it'd look 10 years later. Hopefully he'll just give in and wear a wedding band. :))

awwww how precious that he liked the one that you thought he would choose! ::)

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
madelise|1377167156|3507907 said:
Whoops I missed your post, C! He's not just being a baby. He has weird sensory issues. Certain fabrics, certain feelings... Will get him white, green, then on the floor. I've been there to have to physically carry his naked corpse-like body to the bed after he had an anxiety attack in the shower (I thought a cold shower would calm him down). No bueno. Haha!

OMG, I am sorry but I am LAUGHING, what a mental picture! Poor wee lamb! I can seriously see this happening with myself/SO, he is a bit of a flaker too.

In the meantime, I am way too INSANE for an engraved wband, I will never find a pattern I like in time! I'll for sure be looking for one after the fact, though! Mix it up etc. I just want my married-with band to be supes boring so I'm guaranteed to never turn on it and hate it one day. :-o

SMC

Ideal_Rock
We just paid the deposit on our wedding bands! At first, I just wanted a plain platinum band from Sholdt to match the plain platinum shank of my engagement ring, but my fiance was very insistent that our bands match. The only thing that he liked that we've seen is the mokume-gane bands. We went and visited James Binnion (http://www.mokume-gane.com/index.php?page=home) up in Bellingham (we live in Seattle) and tried out a bunch of rings before making our selections.

We decided to go with palladium 950 rings since they were half the cost of platinum.

This will be his (7mm wide):

This is mine (4.5mm wide - I requested 28 diamonds to symbolize our 12/28 wedding date):

his_ring.jpg

her_ring.jpg

Olympias

Rough_Rock
Cartier trinity & eternity band (diamonds? Sapphires?) full or half circle.

SO won't wear a ring!

nowicanseethemoon

Shiny_Rock
So here's a new development. I got my engagement ring (I had to send it back to get sized up and have sizing beads added - knuckle issues) and it is a lovely antique reproduction solitaire with an awesome donut. J says he actually really likes the ring (amazing!) but he doesn't think he'll like that the wedding band won't sit flush, so maybe I just shouldn't wear one. Um,... no. I don't want them to sit flush, hence the purpose of the donut. So, now I'm going to have to figure out how to deal with getting him on board with the whole gap issue. It's always something :naughty: But he eventually came around on the e-ring, so I'm hopeful we can figure this out too.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results