shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding Bands

rainman109

Rough_Rock
I''ve been looking around for my band and I''ve liked the Tungsten bands. When I look at bands at B&M they are 250-300 and if I look on ebay or amazon they are 50-100. Are these basically the same rings and the B&M''s are marking the band up that much?

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Yes, B&M stores have a greater markup on what they sell (they have much higher overhead than do online retailers). But I do believe there are different grades of tungston, so you need to do your research before you buy.

Have you checked Boone rings? link
The guy used to make high-end bike frames and he knows his metals. Do a search in the archives for Boone; you''ll see he has many satisfied customers.

Kyuro

Rough_Rock
Hey Rainman,

Any reason why you''re going for tungsten? I''ve been ring shopping with friends and they all like platinum but i don''t think we ever looked at tungsten before. Just curious. Is it a cost thing?

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I bought my husband a second wedding band made out of tungsten from Overstock.com. It was $45 and looks great even after him wearing it instead of his "real" wedding band (white gold) while renovating our house. He likes to wear it when he knows he will be doing rough stuff with his hands.

The biggest disadvantage of tungsten is that it can''t really be sized. Sure, the retailer will tell you that they can "resize" it for you, but they will really just give you a new ring. So if you''re sentimental about the ring you get married with (like I am, and my husband is too) and don''t like the idea of losing THE ring you are married with if you need it to be resized later in life, don''t go with tungsten. This is the precise reason we didn''t go with tungsten and the band we were married with is white gold. I would have loved to go for platinum but DH didn''t want to spend that much.

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you tried eweddingbands.com? They are pretty reasonable and great customer service! I purchased some bands from them, they were highly recommended by some of our fellow pricescopers.

http://www.eweddingbands.com/

rainman109

Rough_Rock
The pros,
It doesn''t scratch, hypoallergenic

outweigh the cons for me, can''t resize.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results