shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding Bands before wedding?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

singer

Brilliant_Rock
Is it wrong to have your wedding band soldered to your engagement ring (and wear it) months before getting married? Most are probably going to say yes, but I was just curious. Thanks!

DiamondPrincess

Rough_Rock
I was actually considering it myself. That way, on the big day, hubby can slip the rings on and you don''t have to take them off and be without them after your married.
1.gif

singer

Brilliant_Rock
That''s what I was thinking, but I also just want to wear it because it is so beautiful. We have had a verrryyy long engagement (2 and 1/2 years) and I am getting so anxious to wear it. My engagement ring is very thin (about 2 mm) and I like thicker bands. It just looks so much better on my hand with the wedding band next to it. Is it wrong of me to want to do this now...six months before our wedding?

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I don''t think I would''ve want to wear my wedding band before I was actually married because then it would kind of lose its meaning for the ceremony. What is the reason why you would want to solder it to the ering and wear it before the wedding? Are you afraid of taking off the ering? Personally I worn my ering on the right hand right before the ceremony and right after the ceremony I switch the ering back to the left hand with the wband. That way you have the ering the whole time, and you don''t have to just take it off, have someone else holds it for you and risk losing it. Anyways the answer to your question, I don''t think it''s wrong; just a little weird for me.

singer

Brilliant_Rock
As I said before, I like the thickness and the look of them better and am getting kind of impatient. I want to solder them because I take my rings off a lot (housework, applying lotion, etc.) and I drop them occassionally or misplace them. I think it would be easier just to have ONE ring to worry about, instead of two.

DiamondPrincess

Rough_Rock
You could do what I''m doing just to ''test drive'' your set. To keep my rings from rolling around I got some ''ring snuggies'' from walmart. They''re little clear plastic tube like things that come in differant widths(you get about six varying sizes for 2 bucks) and it holds my rings together. That way if I don''t want to wear the w-band I''m not locked into it. One drawback to wearing your set now is that it might not seem so ''special'' when you get in on your wedding day.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/30/2005 6:09:32 PM
Author: DiamondPrincess
You could do what I''m doing just to ''test drive'' your set. To keep my rings from rolling around I got some ''ring snuggies'' from walmart. They''re little clear plastic tube like things that come in differant widths(you get about six varying sizes for 2 bucks) and it holds my rings together. That way if I don''t want to wear the w-band I''m not locked into it. One drawback to wearing your set now is that it might not seem so ''special'' when you get in on your wedding day.
That''s what I was thinking about it being "special" on the wedding day. How does your FI feel about it? I mean if it''s ok with both of you. I don''t see why you shouldn''t do it.

I can see what you mean about taking care of one ring instead of two. I misplace mines around the house when I do housework. I always take them off together, so they always end up being at the same location. I don''t think you will really take one off at one location and the other at another location, would you? Anyways, do what is easiest for you.

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
Personally for me, I waited until after I was married to solder my set. I didnt want to wear my wedding ring before I was actually married, because it was my wedding ring to be worn from my wedding day forward. For me, as qtiekiki said, it would have taken away some of the meaning for me. I also adore chunky rings and love love love how my set looks together versus each by themselves, but I would not have worn them together before hand. People i know may have asked what was up with that. also, Keeping them seperate gave me something to look forward to--a new ring to wear!

I worked with a girl who had her set soldered like a month or so before her wedding but then didnt wear either ring for the whole month because her wedding ring was now attached. As diamondprincess said, that way you have one big ring to slip on during the ceremony. But it was only a few weeks beforehand. That I would maybe do but then I would not wear either until the day.

I wouldnt say its "wrong" but its definitely not the norm. I say one can do whatever he or she likes with their rings! Soldering is reversible i believe in most cases, but i wouldnt want to be soldering and then seperating then soldering. Something to think about in case you decide to solder before the wedding and wear them and then change you r mind and just want to wear the e-ring again alone. Diamondprincess makes a great suggestion about the "huggies" since that is reversible!

As as side note, you said you were impatient! After a long engagement I can see why! But trust me, for whatever reason the 6 months before your wedding will go by SO fast you will wish the months took more time going by! LOL

Good luck, let us know what you decide.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Well, I don''t want to say it is wrong, because honestly you can do whatever makes you happy (as long as your fiance doesn''t mind!). But since you are asking our opinions, I personally wouldn''t want to have it soldered to my ering until after the wedding. Until then, I would leave it in it''s box.

I understand your situation though. My engagement is fairly long (2 years), and my ering fits so much better with a wedding band next to it, but I''m not going to wear the wedding band until after I get married. Now, of course that doesn''t mean I won''t try it on all the time and probably snap a few pics of it, but I certainly don''t want to wear both all the time before the wedding.

My suggestion to you is to buy a cheap WG/YG plain band to wear with your ering in order to alleviate the problem with the thin band until you get married if you cannot stand to wear the e-ring alone right now. Although, people mightassume that it is a wedding band... After the wedding, then go and get your rings soldered together.

singer

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for your help everyone! I think I might hold off on the soldering. I will try really hard to be patient for the wedding. It WOULD be more special...at least it gives me one more thing to look forward to. My FI would rather I wait anyone, although he wears his wedding band on his right hand. He loves it so much he couldn''t wait either! LOL
41.gif

FD21Bride

Shiny_Rock
Not to sound mean or anything but think about it...it''s called in engagement ring because you wear it during your "engagement" and the wedding ring is to be worn after the "wedding".

I''ve also been engaged for 2 years and I''ve only worn my wedding band twice...once to take pictures for on this website and once to make sure the set fit. My fiance'' would have cow if he or another person saw me wearing it before we were married.. it kind of defeats the purpose.

I agree with the other ladies...it will seem more special to receive your wedding band and to wear it for the first time during your wedding...have it soldered together at a later date and I think in the long run you''ll be glad you did!

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/30/2005 5:50:37 PM
Author: DiamondPrincess
I was actually considering it myself. That way, on the big day, hubby can slip the rings on and you don''t have to take them off and be without them after your married.
1.gif
My DH took my engagement ring from me about a week before the wedding so he could solder my e-ring and w-band together. This way on the day of the wedding, he placed both rings on my finger....but as one.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree, I would wait.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
I would wait, as well.

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Interesting question...I agree with the majority, I would wait until right before the wedding to get it done and only wear after the ceremony.

sluke

Shiny_Rock
Most folks do not wear their w-bands before the wedding. I use to think I would wait, but am reconsidering. I''ve been engage for about 2 years, and was thinking of getting just a plain band (I have a simple 4 prong tiffany style setting), but am planning on getting a half or 3/4 eternity diamond band instead. No set wedding date yet, but we are planning to elope in 2006. However, I don''t want to wait to wear my diamond band. FH said it was okay to wear it, he''d figures if he paid for it, I might as well wear it and enjoy. Incidently, FH wears his wedding band now...when people ask, he says it his "engagment" ring.

I haven''t bought the band yet, but am in the process of deciding. I hope to purchase in the next week or so.

singer

Brilliant_Rock
Funny you should say that, because my FI and I just had a long discussion about our wedding last night, and we decided to push it back to summer ''07. I am student teaching starting Tuesday and will get done in May, and I just won''t have the time to plan the wedding of my dreams. I figure we''ve been together for seven years already, what''s one more? We are practically married as it is. I decided I am going to wear the matching diamond band to go with my ring, and then use another diamond band as my wedding band. FI gave me a 12-stone prong-set half eternity band (with 5 point diamonds) about three months ago, and I decided I am going to use that one as my wedding band. It is more special, because HE picked it out. It is so beautiful too. When I get married, I will wear three rings. I really don''t care if people see my ring and think that is strange, because technically, the second ring I will be wearing is not going to be my wedding band. Confusing, I know. But it works for me
emteeth.gif

CoutureFemme

Shiny_Rock
Singer, I like your decision! It''s a great way to get what you want now and still have a wedding ring that will be super-special. Congratulations on finding your solution!

DiamondPrincess

Rough_Rock
That''s a great idea Singer. I love anything that will garner me more diamond rings
31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results