shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding Band with Split Shank

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
My e-ring has a split shank with channel set melee, and the head sticks out from the base of the shank and have pave set diamonds up them.

As far as I can see it would be impossible to have a wedding band lie flat against the e-ring. FI doesn''t see why it wouldn''t work though. I''m not too bothered - I have enough finger real estate to allow for a gap. I don''t want to wear the two on seperate fingers though.

Plain bands look bad with the e-ring, so I am thinking of a matching channel set band - or potential a prong-set band.

The diamonds on the sides of the prongs could be a bad move with a prong set w-band, correct?

What w-bands have others with split-shanks gone for?

Just out of interest, is there any reason why I couldn''t wear the w-band on top of the e-ring rather than under it???

sera

Ideal_Rock
This Daniel K set might give you an idea. I love this set and think they go very well together. Personally, I prefer a bit of a gap so the rings look like 2 rings rather than 1 thick one. I think thin pave (or channel) look very nice with a split shank (providing the split shank is not too wide). Some people do not like any gap at all... it's just personal preference which look you like.

ETA: I was actually wondering the same thing until I saw this set. Somebody posted it... can't remember who or where. It might have been mrssalvo.

danielk split shank set.jpg

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Here''s a quick shot of how mine looks w/ band...

IMG_1479.cccjpg.jpg

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Icekid, that looks gorgeous!

Do you have a thread on yours?

Is it prong set or bead?

I''d quite like to up the bling factor on my w-band, which is why I''m edging more towards prong-set rather than another channel set. Do you think that would look weird? Also would the diamonds on my prongs damage the diamonds on the w-band of vice versa? Do you have a problem with yours?

Thanks

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pandora, have you posted pics of your ring anywhere? I went back through your old topics and couldn''t find any!
39.gif

Anyway, I vote for going and trying on anything and everything to find what style you like. What could be more fun, anyway?
2.gif
The two examples posted are also gorgeous.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I haven''t posted any yet.

There were a few problems and it had to go back for fixing. I thought it was only fair for Wink to see it in person first - mainly to confirm that I''m not certifiably OCD! Wink has gone out of his way to make sure things will be as near to perfect as possible - his cutomer service is amazing and I can''t ask for better than that.

Anyhow, it''s being done right now, and FI has kindly bought a macro lense and flash attachment so I can take millions of pics when it gets back - round xmas I hope.

I did try on a load of w-bands and was very undecided, except thinking that pave didn''t really work and that the band needs to be 2.5mm or preferably thinner.

The channels on my e-ring are on the thicker side (melee is 2pts - 5pts) and I''m worried that putting a thinner channelled w-band next to it will emphasis that. Going with prong-set would be a different look and also add some welcome extra sparkle since my centre stone is a tsav not a diamond.

Also, if I ever decided to upgrade my setting, I would probably keep the same shape but prong-set the melee. I won''t want to upgrade the w-band ever.

Oh, decisions, decisions...

sera

Ideal_Rock
If you want a thinner band, would it be possible to have two thin bands on either side? It may not be your preference and maybe it wouldn't work anyway, but it's something you could try if you think that might be a way you want to go.

I know others have had thicker e-rings with a thinner band and vice versa... it's not like you can't go with a thinner band, but it is a preference.

IceKid- your ring is beautiful!
30.gif

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Ooops, probably didn''t explain that well.

I''d like the overall band width to be the same as my e-ring shank.

But, on the channel-setting, the metal on either side of the diamonds is thicker than that on most of the channel-set wedding bands. I would have prefered it to be slightly less ''chunky'', but technicalities etc meant it needed to be that way. However, I don''t want to emphasis that by putting a channel-set band with less metal on the sides next to it.

Basically it''s like having 0.5mm metal, 1.5mm diamonds, 0.5mm metal on one ring, and the other being 0.25mm metal, 2.0mm diamonds, 0.25mm metal - if you were to look at the ring in cross-section.

Is this making any sense
33.gif

I tried the two band idea and don''t really have the finger real estate for it due to the spacing the e-ring creates
15.gif

sera

Ideal_Rock
Makes sense
21.gif
I think it made sense the first time, I just misread it
41.gif

Have you thought of sending your ring to a designer to do a custom band where he would be able to match the width of metal? Or are you planning to just eyeball something that looks close and then call to find the width on the metal to see if it''s close enough?

It seems I''ve seen plenty of bands with wide metal edges. I''m sure there will be something out there you love
21.gif
Will keep my eyes open.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I have thought about just asking Wink to make me one to match, but going custom has it''s own problems and is likely to be more expensive than going to SP or similar.

I''d prefer to keep the cost down if I can without sacrificing quality on the diamonds.

Also, I might consider upgrading my e-ring setting in the future.

Why is this sooooooo hard????

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results