shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding Band with Flame

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

brenn4423

Shiny_Rock
Hi all, I'm in the process of having a Flame e-ring made by Mark Morrell. It will house a 1.6ct diamond. I am now looking at Wedding Bands. I originally thought of having Mark make me a band, however, I believe that it may make more sense (at least economically) to purchase a stock ring elsewhere. Basically I'm thinking of a half eternity style band for the engagement ring with somewhere around (give or take a few points) 10 pointers in the ring with 7-9 damonds in it. I have found the following Tiffany ring on Signed Pieces:

http://www.signedpieces.com/item.cfm?item_id=5511

I have also recently seen the newly posted pics of ottawaexpat1's flame with the facet collection half eternity band:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/more-pics-mark-morrell-flame-with-sp-1-2-eternity.59317/ seeing this diamond I looked at the facet collection and found these two rings as well:

http://www.signedpieces.com/item.cfm?item_id=2107

http://www.signedpieces.com/item.cfm?item_id=2570

I'm just curious if anyone has any recomendations for a band to accompany my ring. Is there a certain size of stones that will be too small/large to accompany the 1.6ct center stone? Does anyone have any pros or cons to any of the specific rings linked above?

Also, is there any reason I should be careful of a eternity style band with the solitare flame??? Is it possible that one may damage the other?

Thanks in advance.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very, very seriously, have Mark make the wedding band. If you are having a custom e-ring made, I just can''t see putting another kind of band with it. His wedding band setting is just gorgeous, and I found his price to be comparable to Memoire and less than Tiffany. My problem is that I already have a Memoire band, which presents a dilemma if I end up resetting my diamond in one of his settings. But lucky you can get it right the first time! It''s worth it!!!

brenn4423

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the advise... I guess you are right when I think about it. There really is no reason to try to cut costs at this point
emsmile.gif
Plus If Mark does it I know they will be designed to go together and sit flush. (only problem is, wont'' this delay me getting the actual e-ring). Sorry, I''m getting a little anxious even though I''m not planning to get Engaged right away.

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, with a MM ring, I wouldn''t want to pair anything else with it. I agree that having him make the band is the best idea, if you can afford it. I think you will be glad you did in the long run. The two will look better together than if you had chosen a different WB.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree with DS and jasmine and I''d just have MM make it. His mix of plat and his style would be worth it to me. I don''t know how much it would delay you getting the e-ring. He might not need it after he makes the wax? either way, I think it would be worth a little delay for the matching band..

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd imagine if he knows you want the matching band, he can do something to make the wax before he sends your e-ring and actually make the w-band later.

(Jadeleaves band is the one I'd want)

(Oh, and I am dying to see your flame with a 1.6 ct diamond because mine is the same size!!!)

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/15/2007 5:17:06 PM
Author: jazmine
Yeah, with a MM ring, I wouldn''t want to pair anything else with it. I agree that having him make the band is the best idea, if you can afford it. I think you will be glad you did in the long run. The two will look better together than if you had chosen a different WB.
I agree with all the other''s. You''ll be happy you did it down the road for sure. I can''t wait to see your ring!!!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Like the others have suggested, I''d go with MM to have a beautiful matching set. If you don''t have the finances yet, I''d buy a plain cheapo band to wear for now until you can get a beautiful matching MM.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results