shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding Band with Engagement Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jrhee

Rough_Rock
I got engaged about 4 months ago. My fiance game me a beautiful round brilliant 2.01 F VS2 with a thin antique pave band. I absolutely love it.

As I am now starting to think about what kind of wedding band I want, I have a problem. A wedding band will not "flush" with my engagement ring. There will be a pretty large gap between the engagement ring and a staight band. I do not want a flushed band that coutours with my engagement ring.

What are the opinions out there regarding having gaps between the engagment ring and the wedding band? Or should i just go with a right hand band?

Help!!
Jeannie

rosy

Shiny_Rock
It''s a personal decision if you want a wedding band on your left hand. Or if you wear one on your right, that''s fine too. I personally am wearing my wedding band on my right hand because it''s too high & bangs against the prong of my e-ring & won''t sit flush. I''m looking for a wedding band that sits lower & just haven''t had time to find one. If your engagement ring is beautiful on it''s own, or has lots of detail that "stands alone" I think it''s perfectly fine to wear it alone. For me, it''s important that I wear a wedding band on my left hand, only because I love two rings together & it symbolizes that yes, we are married, not just engaged. Again, personal decision.

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
I think its totally up to you and what your preference is. If you look at pictures posted through out PS, people wear them both ways, there are some threads with wedding sets pictured.

coconut

Shiny_Rock
I also agree that it''s your personal preference and there is no right or wrong way to wear them.

if you have a pave setting for both E-ring and band I think it adds unique dimensions to your finger..
This was my experience at Tiffany''s when I tried on their Legacy engagement ring and the "matching" wedding band that left a huge gap!!
I think having gaps between engagement ring and wedding band is pretty common these days....

However, I also heard that constant wear and abrasion might distort the setting leading to many problems....
I only wear my wedding band normally and wear my e-ring occasionally...

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Hoave you seen reaserchers thread about her spacer? She has a princess cut diamond solitatire and it was set in a way that the band would not fit next to it easily. She hade a spacer made by WF to fit inbetween her e-ring and wedding band. You may want to try something like that.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results