shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding Band with EC Diamond?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

emeraldcut

Rough_Rock
I have an emerald cut engagement ring and I''ve been searching for a wedding band to wear with it. I want to wear them together and I''ve been told by my jeweler that I will be unable to get the wedding band and the engagement ring to fit next to one another which is really what I want - he suggested I move the stone to my right hand and wear a band on my left. My engagement ring is an emerald cut solitare, 3.43 ct, platinum, tiffany type setting. It''s proportinate to it''s size, not long/skinny or short/fat. My jeweler told me the only way to get a band flush with the stone is to set it really high which would compromise the safety of the stone. Is that true? What do most people do about a band with an EC engagement ring?

Charmed

Shiny_Rock
You could have a wedding band custom made to fit????? Just a suggestion.

emeraldcut

Rough_Rock
great point although to do this would mean i couldn't wear it alone which is something i'd really like to do...

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
It bothered me at first, but I've actually come to really like the "gap" between my rings. I have a set, so both bands are identical, and the stone isn't very long, so now they look to me almost like those modern designs that have a stone spanning two bands.

emeraldcut

Rough_Rock
so you wear 2 bands? one on each side of your stone? sounds lovely.

coarchitect

Rough_Rock
Hest88-
do you have a picture of your rings posted on this site? It sounds really beautiful!! I would love to see!
1.gif

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
No, I only have two rings, but that's an idea for you to consider, come to think of it.

I *will* put up a picture of my rings, whenever I can get a decent picture of them!

Charmed

Shiny_Rock
I am confused emeraldcut. In your first post didn't you say you wanted to wear your rings together? In your reply you said you wanted to really wear your ring alone. If you get a wedding band custom made to sit flush, you don't have to sauder them together. I guess I am confused. Good luck.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 5/16/2003 5:54:32 PM Charmed wrote:

I am confused emeraldcut. In your first post didn't you say you wanted to wear your rings together? In your reply you said you wanted to really wear your ring alone.
----------------

I suspect what she meant was that if she bought a wrap-style band she couldn't wear it without her e-ring without that notch making it look funny.

cypher3

Rough_Rock
i just bought Liz Taylor's book "My love affair with jewelry".

there were some pictures showing her wear her Krupp diamond next to an eternity ring/wedding band (couldn't really tell from the b&w pictures) on the same finger.

the krupp diamond is HUGE, about 33+ carat and is also EC. There is some sort of a gap in between the rings, like Hest88 said so. But the gap kinda looked lovely to me.
love.gif

emeraldcut

Rough_Rock
----------------
On 5/16/2003 5:54:32 PM Charmed wrote:

I am confused emeraldcut. In your first post didn't you say you wanted to wear your rings together? In your reply you said you wanted to really wear your ring alone.
----------------

I suspect what she meant was that if she bought a wrap-style band she couldn't wear it without her e-ring without that notch making it look funny.

Hest88 is correct. I want to wear an eternity band that isn't cut out or notched so that I can wear alone on my left hand if I want. If I wear my engagement ring, I'll always wear it on my left hand with my wedding band. What I don't want to do is move my engagement ring to my right hand and wear the band on my left - the idea being that I can only do this if I want a wedding band that's not cut out to wear flush. But I'm starting to agree with everyone that the space might really be lovely.

Hest88, would love to see the pictures when you are able to find them!

cypher3, thanks for the great info on Liz Taylor's book, will have to pick up!

frizzy_dt

Rough_Rock
Here's thought.

You could get a very thin band custom made to fit flush with your e-ring and have you eternity band sit flush with that.

3 ring but lots of combinations:

eternity ring alone
all three rings
or e-ring with custom band

frizzy_dt

Rough_Rock
Here's a thought.

You could get a very thin band custom made to fit flush with your e-ring and have you eternity band sit flush with that.

3 ring but lots of combinations:

eternity ring alone
all three rings
or e-ring with custom band

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
EmCut, inspired by you, I finally got a picture of the set and have it posted in the "Show me the Ring" entitled "Antique-style EC set" area. It's huge, of course, to show detail, so I don't think you can see how attractive the gap actually is. Also, mine is a much smaller EC, so the gap is going to be a lot more narrow.

Frizzy's idea is a rather nice one. Or the idea of making two thin bands, one to wear on either side of the e-ring.

emeraldcut

Rough_Rock
my god, it's absolutely STUNNING! i love the antique setting and the space actually accentuates the beauty of the stone. and both rings tie in/are set so well together. wow, what a treat. thank you so much for taking the time to photo and send a picture of your georgous ring !!

and the three ring idea is something i'd never thought of...to get it flush like that. very interesting, i bet it would also look great. so many options, what a value this forum is! thank you to all, i'll keep you posted on what i end up doing. i'm having my ER re-set as we speak so i'll have to photo it to you when i've made a decision on what i do with the band. many, many thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results