shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding band which side of /e-ring ?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Just have a question...

I know traditionally the wedding band is supposed to go on the upper part of the finger, with the e-ring worn below...however, does anyone wear theirs the opposite way? I got a very thin curved milgrain white gold band to fit against my LOGR split shank e-ring, but I like how it looks when I wear it ''under'' the ring, as opposed to above it. Does anyone else wear theirs that way? I don''t have any pics, our camera broke
15.gif
...but was just curious if anyone else likes how their w/e rings look ''backwards'' too.

veryprettygood

Rough_Rock
wait... I thought the wedding band goes under the e ring.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
I think you have that the wrong way around - the wedding band is usually worn on the finger first, then the ering added after that, so it''s closest to the tips of your fingers.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The wedding band is suposed to be closer to your heart.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The way I read it is that she likes the way her set looks with her e-ring on first, then the wedding band. Maybe I am reading it wrong. Regardless, I think that your should wear it the way you like
5.gif

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry if I worded this wrong...yep, I know the wedding band is supposed to be worn on the side closest to my heart...I wore it that way for a few weeks, but I like how it looks more, on the other side of the e-ring. There is a ''surprise'' diamond on either side of the e-ring gallery and if I wear the band above the e-ring, I can''t see it!!
20.gif
I was just curious if anyone else wears theirs that way....I guess I don''t want to be the only one wearing my rings upside down!
26.gif

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Traditionally, the wedding ring goes on you finger first (hence, closest to your heart). During the wedding ceremony, lots of brides will wear their e-ring on their right hand to make way for the WB.

I think you should wear your wedding set however you feel most comfortable with them
2.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I say wear it however you want! People will still know you are married and I have seen people wearing their sets like this. I've also seen people putting bands on both sides. I personally wear my wedding band on my opposite hand of my e-ring because I like the way they look alone.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
You wear them however you want, or even not at all (although that is rather criminal, considering the beautiful rings!). Tradition is something that may be followed or not, according to each person.

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the replies ladies!

This is a new set for me, my original wedding ring was a wider band and I never had to wear an e-ring/w-band combo, so it never came up before now!
2.gif

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/18/2009 3:39:11 PM
Author: kcoursolle
I say wear it however you want! People will still know you are married and I have seen people wearing their sets like this. I''ve also seen people putting bands on both sides. I personally wear my wedding band on my opposite hand of my e-ring because I like the way they look alone.
I do this a lot too! My family is from Eastern Europe, and there brides usually wear their wedding rings on their right hands, so it just goes to show that there are different traditions from different cultures as well.

My wedding band is a lot tighter than my ering, so I also wear it like you do sometimes - further from my body - so that it keeps the ering from coming off if I''m swimming or something.

Just wear it the way that you like it the best.

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
I personally prefer/am used to wearing my e-ring on top of the wedding ring but I have seen few people wearing their rings the way you describe. I totally understand you want to see the surprise diamond, I would too if I had one!!
3.gif

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
I''m in your boat - with the surprise diamonds. I think it looks better to have the w-band first, then the e-ring. But your idea that you should be able to enjoy the surprise diamond is a neat point. Made me think! Come to think of it, I also miss not seeing my surprise diamond!

Sunset_in_Cali

Rough_Rock
This is a great question. I always thought it made more sense for the e-ring to be worn first (closest to the body), and then the wedding band next. Then I found out that traditionally it was the other way around, and to me, I thought that this would look "top heavy". I don''t have an e-ring yet, so I don''t know which way I''ll wear my set, but I''ll definitely consider wearing them the way you''re thinking of.

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/18/2009 3:24:53 PM
Author: Lady_Disdain
The wedding band is suposed to be closer to your heart.
This is what I thought but you could wear it however you like
35.gif
35.gif
35.gif

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
I have been trying to figure out why I like the w/band better below the e-ring (besides the surprise diamond issue
2.gif
) and now realize, that because the e-ring is a halo with a split shank band, and even though the w/band is curved to go around the halo part, the extra metal of the band takes the 'edge' and focus off of the halo shape somehow... The 'naked' side of the e-ring still has the full rounded effect of the halo, so it stands out more, somehow when the 'naked' part is on the upper side of my finger, rather than facing down on my hand. The focus is more on the halo/center diamond when the w/band is below the ring. I am sorry if that makes no sense whatsoever! LOL!

I do have pics of my e-ring by itself (taken before I got the w/band and before our camera broke!) but I have to have hubby resize the files so I can upload them. Basically, it is the same setting and looks a lot like Lauren's ring, but my diamond is a light pinky/peachy champagne and not an OEC (I am working on getting one though, if I can find one 'warm' enough, I LOVE the warmer diamonds)... Here's a link to her thread...her diamond is about the same color as mine, in this shaded pic!)

http://com.pricescope.com/photos/stones/images/3488/original.aspx

My w/band is VERY thin, 1.5 mm and is made from an antique mold, it fits EXACTLY to the shape of the e-ring and looks like it was made to go with it! Perfect fit!

(PS - Lauren, if you see this post, I'd love to know what size (in mm) your OEC for this ring is!!! Mine is a 5.9, but I think I can go a little smaller and still have it fit in the halo!)

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d wear it whichever way you like. If you prefer to have your ering on first and then your wedding band then I''d do it.

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
I often wear my engagement ring first for peace of mind. At times it is quite loose. I really love the look of loose engagement rings for some odd reason. To me, if I see a photo of a ring that looks a little snug, no matter how pretty the ring is, it really detracts.

My jeweler told me the thin micropave rings can seem looser than conventional rings of the same size. So, if you are worried that you could lose your engagement ring, using a wedding band as a guard is an easy solution.

Wear the ring as it pleases you. If you have noticed, in Europe you often see engagement rings and sets on the right hand. That could be another option for you.

EHR2009

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t have my wedding band/s yet, but I think I will probably switch mine depending on my mood that day! :)

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You should wear it how you life it. There is no right and wrong way. I often don''t wear a wedding band and engagement ring together, but when I do I put them whichever way I think suits me on that day, wedding band top or bottom.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results