shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding band to go with yellow sapphire?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

airmanssweetie

Rough_Rock
I have no idea and I dont know where to start but I have and recieved my engagement ring about two weeks ago! Now I cannot seem to stop looking at wedding bands...eh the wedding is sept. 2009! But I have no idea what kind of wedding ring fits well with my engagment ring, it is not your usual setting....I have looked at plain bands, milgrain bands, diamond bands....it is crazy! I need some suggestions from you all wonderful and educated people!!! Thank you!
Here is the ER
it is attached, hopefully it shows up!

hand ring.jpg

jess1981

Shiny_Rock
I know it''s been a while since you asked for suggestions, but I have a few ideas. I will try and post pics. Your ering is gorgeous. I think it looks great on it''s own. I do think it would look good with a simple diamond band or maybe a curved band. A jaffe makes a curved ban that is reasonable. Have you tried a curved band with it. Here are a few pics of what I think might look nice with your ring.

curved1649.jpg

jess1981

Shiny_Rock
This one with yellow sapphires

gi_537_f.jpg

jess1981

Shiny_Rock
A yellow sapphire band

41tWHBNXBtL__SL500_AA280_.jpg

jess1981

Shiny_Rock
A thin diamond band.

gi_580_m.jpg

newsboysgrl777

Shiny_Rock
Hi airmanssweetie - I agree with Jesse's suggestion to go with a curved band. However, you may not like the look of it if it's worn on its own, so that's something to consider, also. I think your best bet is to go to B&Ms and try on several different styles - plain, diamond, curved, straight, etc. - to see what YOU like the best. Also, it seems that some people will sometimes have 2 different wedding bands (wbs) - one to wear WITH their e-ring, and one to wear alone. Another thought is if you were to wear your e-ring as a right hand ring once you're married. Apparently this is a European thing, and I can see the wisdom in it (although we Americans love to see lots of BLING when we put them together...LOL).

I also wanted to comment on how gorgeous your ring is! That sapphire looks like it's so full of life and sparkle!! :) And the setting really is unique! Did you help to pick it out, or was this all on your man's own? Another thought is, (if your ring isn't custom made) have you looked to see if the designer has a matching wedding band? If so, you can get a feel for what "they" think matches the best.

Don't forget, there are NO rules when it comes to a wedding band. What I mean is, if you like it to match, then find something that will match, if you love how it looks with something COMPLETELY different from the e-ring, then go with that!! It's ALL ABOUT YOU and YOUR style and tastes!! Besides, this ring (the wb) is something you'll probably be wearing probably MUCH MORE than the e-ring (at least that was my plan when I chose my band.)

Good luck & I'm sorry I didn't post any photos, but I definitely think going to stores and trying things on is THE smartest thing to do!! AND, don't stress!! You've got PLENTY of time to find a band!! :) :) :) And remember to come back and show us what you decide (or, definitely come back with pictures if you need help making decisions. As you know, we PS'ers (you being one of them) love to look at anything jewel-related!
31.gif
)

-Rachel

ETA: Oh my gosh!! I almost forgot: CONGRATULATIONS ON THE ENGAGEMENT!!!
36.gif
36.gif

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/21/2008 4:34:23 PM
Author: newsboysgrl777
Hi airmanssweetie - I agree with Jesse''s suggestion to go with a curved band. However, you may not like the look of it if it''s worn on its own, so that''s something to consider, also. I think your best bet is to go to B&Ms and try on several different styles - plain, diamond, curved, straight, etc. - to see what YOU like the best. Also, it seems that some people will sometimes have 2 different wedding bands (wbs) - one to wear WITH their e-ring, and one to wear alone. Another thought is if you were to wear your e-ring as a right hand ring once you''re married. Apparently this is a European thing, and I can see the wisdom in it (although we Americans love to see lots of BLING when we put them together...LOL).

I also wanted to comment on how gorgeous your ring is! That sapphire looks like it''s so full of life and sparkle!! :) And the setting really is unique! Did you help to pick it out, or was this all on your man''s own? Another thought is, (if your ring isn''t custom made) have you looked to see if the designer has a matching wedding band? If so, you can get a feel for what ''they'' think matches the best.

Don''t forget, there are NO rules when it comes to a wedding band. What I mean is, if you like it to match, then find something that will match, if you love how it looks with something COMPLETELY different from the e-ring, then go with that!! It''s ALL ABOUT YOU and YOUR style and tastes!! Besides, this ring (the wb) is something you''ll probably be wearing probably MUCH MORE than the e-ring (at least that was my plan when I chose my band.)

Good luck & I''m sorry I didn''t post any photos, but I definitely think going to stores and trying things on is THE smartest thing to do!! AND, don''t stress!! You''ve got PLENTY of time to find a band!! :) :) :) And remember to come back and show us what you decide (or, definitely come back with pictures if you need help making decisions. As you know, we PS''ers (you being one of them) love to look at anything jewel-related!
31.gif
)

-Rachel

ETA: Oh my gosh!! I almost forgot: CONGRATULATIONS ON THE ENGAGEMENT!!!
36.gif
36.gif
I was wondering about this as I''ve heard it a couple of times and yet I have never seen it over here (UK) - or in Italy/France/Germany etc

Is it more of an Eastern European thing?

I have a channel set curved band which doesn''t look that odd alone, but I have a separate 22kt gold antique wedding band that I wore for the first time at our ceremony, that I wear when I''m not wearing the set.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results