shape
carat
color
clarity

wedding band to be worn with an emerald-cut solitaire

day_dreamer

Rough_Rock
Hello all,

I'd appreciate if folks here can give me some ideas on a wedding band to be worn with my emerald-cut solitaire e-ring. Attached is a picture of my ring. It is in platinum, so I want my wedding band to be in platinum as well. I think I want diamonds/stones on the band, but have been told that eternity bands cannot be re-sized, so I prefer to look for a half-circle one so it could be adjusted in the future if needed. Also, I like narrow bands, and my e-ring is thin too. My budget is $3K CAD. Any ideas would be much appreciated. Thank you!

img-20150730-wa0010.jpg

duckduckgoose

Rough_Rock
Your ring is beautiful! I love its elegant simplicity, very classic. What do you think about a style like this (second from the bottom):

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/277745501993128820/

The baguettes in the band mirror the same kinds of facets that are in the emerald cut center stone and the rounds add a bit more sparkle. I like how bands with scalloped edges look against engagement rings with straight shanks - it's all personal preference though of course! This is just an example from pinterest though, with a budget of $2,000 USA you could likely have a band custom made.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
What does the profile of the ring look like? Can you post a close up? Not on your hands?

kmarla

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love the Geneva too, but it's over budget. Sadly $3000 CAD is about $2100 U.S. right now.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

day_dreamer

Rough_Rock
Thank you everyone for the great suggestions! All of the rings are so pretty.

Farrahlyn, I like the antique looking rings from Love Affairs; sadly, they are out of my budget. It really doesn't help that the Canadian dollar is so low now.

DiamondSeeker, the asscher ring is lovely. Do you know if this is a reputable vendor?

Gypsy, attached is a picture of the profile of my ring.

Kmarla, that's a very nice one. I like it!

Please keep the ideas coming! Thank you :D

_1598.jpeg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I understand how you feel about getting a half-eternity so you can alter the size if needed. Personally I find them a bit annoying as the plain side always seems to be on top.
Maybe a 3/4 eternity?
I put this question to the other PSers here as well.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
With your profile being the way it is, I recommend you NOT buy anything online until you have gone to several stores and tried on bands in person to see what you like and dont' like.

I recommend stopping at Tiffany for that. As they have a lot of selection.

day_dreamer

Rough_Rock
I have tried on different bands, but haven't found one that I really like and look good with my e-ring. Thank you all for your input so far!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
day_dreamer|1453935994|3982631 said:
I have tried on different bands, but haven't found one that I really like and look good with my e-ring. Thank you all for your input so far!

You may want to switch out your setting with this one: http://www.stuller.com/products/build/122089/10316009/?groupId=120319#/center-stone which is affordable, good quality and better designed as it will allow you to wear any straight band next to your setting and sit flush.

I don't think the problem is the bands. It's the setting you have. The box below the stone, called the basket, is what is causing you issues. That Stuller should be maximum 700 US in platinum. And you can get the melt price for your existing setting to offset some of the cost

Once you switch out your setting, I highly recommend this band. One of my friends has it and it's a knock out. And would look perfect with your diamond. https://eshop.gabrielny.com/product/LR4572W44JJ In platinum.

You can call ID Jewelry to get a great price on it (lower than what is listed there). And on the setting if you want. But any local jeweler should be able to get you that setting. But if you send it to ID Jewelry and specify that you want claw prongs, they do nice ones there.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results