Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

wedding band suggestions to match my ring?

iwantsparkle

Shiny_Rock
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
306
I've dug around through some old threads, etsy, ebay, online retailers, but I am having trouble narrowing things down.

Tell me (or link me!) to what YOU would buy today, using the following guidelines:

-must compliment a 1.81 OEC L with a platinum Jovyn from CvB
-can be old or new
-engraved or not
-preferably thinner (nothing chunky)
-open to no diamonds, some diamonds, or thin eternity band
-budget of 2k max, far less if it doesn't have stones

I am worried that some whiter stones will make my OEC look dingy. Though, if they are small, probably not.
 

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Dec 17, 2008
Messages
21,660
It would help if you provided a picture of your ering or a link to the Jovyn for those of us who do not have a ready image in our brain. ;-)
 

iwantsparkle

Shiny_Rock
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
306
tyty333|1478546476|4094871 said:
It would help if you provided a picture of your ering or a link to the Jovyn for those of us who do not have a ready image in our brain. ;-)
Ah, you're right. Sorry, I don't have any pictures yet because it is still being made.

It will be a platinum version of this guy. Picture claws like this pic, not tabs.

il_570xn_206.jpg
 

iwantsparkle

Shiny_Rock
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
306
ac117|1478546994|4094876 said:
These are lovely choices.

I am very interested in the idea of an engraved band (seems easy, simple) but wonder if I will regret not going for more bling as I have the simplest engagement setting you can get.

I do think there is something timeless to the engraved bands.

I'm torn! I know I can always wear other rings with my e-ring later on, but I am sentimental about this wedding band business.
 

Diamond_Hawk

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Joined
Apr 8, 2014
Messages
1,221
Maybe I could have one made with little rounds if I don't find anything else "off the rack."
Going with a custom setting is always an option and frequently easier and less expensive than people anticipate. They key is finding a vendor you trust to listen to you and create something you will really love.
 

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jun 20, 2013
Messages
4,790
iwantsparkle|1478542638|4094850 said:
I've dug around through some old threads, etsy, ebay, online retailers, but I am having trouble narrowing things down.

Tell me (or link me!) to what YOU would buy today, using the following guidelines:

-must compliment a 1.81 OEC L with a platinum Jovyn from CvB
-can be old or new
-engraved or not
-preferably thinner (nothing chunky)
-open to no diamonds, some diamonds, or thin eternity band
-budget of 2k max, far less if it doesn't have stones

I am worried that some whiter stones will make my OEC look dingy. Though, if they are small, probably not.
Caysie's riviera band!

img_4982__1.jpg
 

iwantsparkle

Shiny_Rock
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
306
soxfan|1479145229|4098256 said:
iwantsparkle|1478542638|4094850 said:
I've dug around through some old threads, etsy, ebay, online retailers, but I am having trouble narrowing things down.

Tell me (or link me!) to what YOU would buy today, using the following guidelines:

-must compliment a 1.81 OEC L with a platinum Jovyn from CvB
-can be old or new
-engraved or not
-preferably thinner (nothing chunky)
-open to no diamonds, some diamonds, or thin eternity band
-budget of 2k max, far less if it doesn't have stones

I am worried that some whiter stones will make my OEC look dingy. Though, if they are small, probably not.
Caysie's riviera band!
Love this bad boy! It's over budget for me, I think. (We haven't talked band budget yet, but I sense <$2500 would be better, lol.)

It looks like her Julia is closer to budget, and still very pretty!

This ring is so gorgeous.
 

iwantsparkle

Shiny_Rock
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
306
soxfan|1479146685|4098276 said:
or this:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/482148411/platinum-floral-pattern-amelia-band-from?ref=shop_home_active_67

Caysie is making me a band almost exactly like this one. You can ask her to make you same one if you like it. The seller was able to size this band for me, but it was $60 I think and it would interrupt the pattern.
I REALLY like this ring! You are smart to just have Caysie make it.

If it isn't too personal to ask, would you mind telling me how much it will set you back for the bespoke ring? (Lol at me using the word bespoke. I've been wanting to work in into a convo as I keep seeing the term on IG.) :lol:
Please ignore me if this is taboo.

I love this ring. I can picture it with my six prong.
 

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Joined
Sep 16, 2007
Messages
1,245
I love the look of an engraved band with a solitaire. So classic.
 

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jul 18, 2015
Messages
3,130
I was just looking at this thread and thought the bands she's pairing it with would look great with your Jovyn. I think the first one is a bar and blossom engraved ring, but the Tiffany Legacy looks great too.
Also I had two choices with my OEC (EGL H in platinum) for my wedding band - white gold and single cut diamond bead set semi-eternity with engraving or a yellow gold orange blossom band with the blossoms picked out in white gold. I really liked how both looked with my e-rin especially the WG band where the single cuts 'matched' the way the facets flash in the OEC. I ended up going for the YG orange blossom band tho cos I love the contrast of the warm metal against the platinum and I wanted the contrast more than it matching. I've attached pix of both for comparison - same location and lighting but my skin is a lot darker in the second than the first for some reason.

img_13605.jpg

img_0166.png
 

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jun 20, 2013
Messages
4,790
iwantsparkle|1479156773|4098391 said:
soxfan|1479146685|4098276 said:
or this:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/482148411/platinum-floral-pattern-amelia-band-from?ref=shop_home_active_67

Caysie is making me a band almost exactly like this one. You can ask her to make you same one if you like it. The seller was able to size this band for me, but it was $60 I think and it would interrupt the pattern.
I REALLY like this ring! You are smart to just have Caysie make it.

If it isn't too personal to ask, would you mind telling me how much it will set you back for the bespoke ring? (Lol at me using the word bespoke. I've been wanting to work in into a convo as I keep seeing the term on IG.) :lol:
Please ignore me if this is taboo.

I love this ring. I can picture it with my six prong.
It was well under $750. Get this band with me! We can be band sisters! :lol: Just ask Caysie to make the same one she is making me.
 

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jun 20, 2013
Messages
4,790
And ASK her what she could do the Riviera for. Tell her your budget. If it's not a full eternity, it's cheaper.....
 

Aurora43

Rough_Rock
Joined
Oct 18, 2016
Messages
36
Of all the links I have seen here, I think the very first one posted is absolutely beautiful and would look amazing with your ring. However, the rest are lovely too. Good luck in finding your perfect wedding band! :)
 

msop04

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Dec 3, 2011
Messages
9,776
soxfan|1479215056|4098748 said:
iwantsparkle|1479156773|4098391 said:
soxfan|1479146685|4098276 said:
or this:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/482148411/platinum-floral-pattern-amelia-band-from?ref=shop_home_active_67

Caysie is making me a band almost exactly like this one. You can ask her to make you same one if you like it. The seller was able to size this band for me, but it was $60 I think and it would interrupt the pattern.
I REALLY like this ring! You are smart to just have Caysie make it.

If it isn't too personal to ask, would you mind telling me how much it will set you back for the bespoke ring? (Lol at me using the word bespoke. I've been wanting to work in into a convo as I keep seeing the term on IG.) :lol:
Please ignore me if this is taboo.

I love this ring. I can picture it with my six prong.
It was well under $750. Get this band with me! We can be band sisters! :lol: Just ask Caysie to make the same one she is making me.
UGH!!! Now ya'll have got me wanting this band!! #bandtriplets? :lol: :lol: :halo: :halo:
 

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jun 20, 2013
Messages
4,790
msop04|1479230346|4098857 said:
soxfan|1479215056|4098748 said:
iwantsparkle|1479156773|4098391 said:
soxfan|1479146685|4098276 said:
or this:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/482148411/platinum-floral-pattern-amelia-band-from?ref=shop_home_active_67

Caysie is making me a band almost exactly like this one. You can ask her to make you same one if you like it. The seller was able to size this band for me, but it was $60 I think and it would interrupt the pattern.
I REALLY like this ring! You are smart to just have Caysie make it.

If it isn't too personal to ask, would you mind telling me how much it will set you back for the bespoke ring? (Lol at me using the word bespoke. I've been wanting to work in into a convo as I keep seeing the term on IG.) :lol:
Please ignore me if this is taboo.

I love this ring. I can picture it with my six prong.
It was well under $750. Get this band with me! We can be band sisters! :lol: Just ask Caysie to make the same one she is making me.
UGH!!! Now ya'll have got me wanting this band!! #bandtriplets? :lol: :lol: :halo: :halo:
DO it! :lol:
 

msop04

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Dec 3, 2011
Messages
9,776
soxfan said:


[emoji389][emoji389][emoji389][emoji389][emoji389][emoji389][emoji389][emoji389][emoji389][emoji389][emoji389][emoji15][emoji31][emoji31]
 

iwantsparkle

Shiny_Rock
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
306
Dying.

I was thinking about the ring before I checked back here and I was like "my copycat ass is probably going to get that ring."

Good taste! :lol:

I need to decide if I should get this as my official wedding band, or if I should get a blingier band and then get this, too.




This is so serious in my mind. Ha.
 

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jun 20, 2013
Messages
4,790
iwantsparkle|1479242111|4098958 said:
Dying.

I was thinking about the ring before I checked back here and I was like "my copycat a$$ is probably going to get that ring."

Good taste! :lol:

I need to decide if I should get this as my official wedding band, or if I should get a blingier band and then get this, too.




This is so serious in my mind. Ha.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Ok, Get the riviera as your wedding band and the flower band as a stacker. Done deal. Then we can REALLY match.
 

iwantsparkle

Shiny_Rock
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
306
soxfan|1479242693|4098964 said:
iwantsparkle|1479242111|4098958 said:
Dying.

I was thinking about the ring before I checked back here and I was like "my copycat a$$ is probably going to get that ring."

Good taste! :lol:

I need to decide if I should get this as my official wedding band, or if I should get a blingier band and then get this, too.




This is so serious in my mind. Ha.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Ok, Get the riviera as your wedding band and the flower band as a stacker. Done deal. Then we can REALLY match.

I should've found you earlier this year. You could've saved me so much time!
:D :D :D

I am going to let these thoughts marinate. The riviera is stunning. (Caysie makes the best stuff. Sigh.) :love:
 

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jan 11, 2006
Messages
55,611
soxfan|1479215056|4098748 said:
iwantsparkle|1479156773|4098391 said:
soxfan|1479146685|4098276 said:
or this:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/482148411/platinum-floral-pattern-amelia-band-from?ref=shop_home_active_67

Caysie is making me a band almost exactly like this one. You can ask her to make you same one if you like it. The seller was able to size this band for me, but it was $60 I think and it would interrupt the pattern.
I REALLY like this ring! You are smart to just have Caysie make it.

If it isn't too personal to ask, would you mind telling me how much it will set you back for the bespoke ring? (Lol at me using the word bespoke. I've been wanting to work in into a convo as I keep seeing the term on IG.) :lol:
Please ignore me if this is taboo.

I love this ring. I can picture it with my six prong.
It was well under $750. Get this band with me! We can be band sisters! :lol: Just ask Caysie to make the same one she is making me.
Oh, I love that! Gosh, you may end up with a LOT of ring sisters! I love all of Caysie's bands!
 

iwantsparkle

Shiny_Rock
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
306
diamondseeker2006|1480640110|4104160 said:
soxfan|1479215056|4098748 said:
iwantsparkle|1479156773|4098391 said:
soxfan|1479146685|4098276 said:
or this:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/482148411/platinum-floral-pattern-amelia-band-from?ref=shop_home_active_67

Caysie is making me a band almost exactly like this one. You can ask her to make you same one if you like it. The seller was able to size this band for me, but it was $60 I think and it would interrupt the pattern.
I REALLY like this ring! You are smart to just have Caysie make it.

If it isn't too personal to ask, would you mind telling me how much it will set you back for the bespoke ring? (Lol at me using the word bespoke. I've been wanting to work in into a convo as I keep seeing the term on IG.) :lol:
Please ignore me if this is taboo.

I love this ring. I can picture it with my six prong.
It was well under $750. Get this band with me! We can be band sisters! :lol: Just ask Caysie to make the same one she is making me.
Oh, I love that! Gosh, you may end up with a LOT of ring sisters! I love all of Caysie's bands!
So pretty, huh? Caysie (rightly) suggested I wait until I receive my Jovyn to make the call on bands. I am back to thinking I need a band with stones to enhance my overall look.

I am going to bury in here that my ring seems smaller than I thought it would. :/ Even though I went to OWD and picked it out, etc.
I knew it wasn't 2 carats, but I remembered it feeling a tiny bit bigger? It looks like what I imagine a 1.5 carat to be. BF would be too sentimental to upgrade it, I think. And I love it and would not ask any time soon. (I haven't even been proposed to yet. Hello.)

It's just a hair smaller than I recall. Maybe I shouldn't have been looking at these rocks (all zoomed in, too!) for all this time in the interim. :twirl:

DS - tell me if you end up ordering one of these! Even if I get a different wedding band, I think I need one of these, eventually. :)
 

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jun 20, 2013
Messages
4,790
iwantsparkle|1480642401|4104172 said:
diamondseeker2006|1480640110|4104160 said:
soxfan|1479215056|4098748 said:
iwantsparkle|1479156773|4098391 said:
soxfan|1479146685|4098276 said:
or this:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/482148411/platinum-floral-pattern-amelia-band-from?ref=shop_home_active_67

Caysie is making me a band almost exactly like this one. You can ask her to make you same one if you like it. The seller was able to size this band for me, but it was $60 I think and it would interrupt the pattern.
I REALLY like this ring! You are smart to just have Caysie make it.

If it isn't too personal to ask, would you mind telling me how much it will set you back for the bespoke ring? (Lol at me using the word bespoke. I've been wanting to work in into a convo as I keep seeing the term on IG.) :lol:
Please ignore me if this is taboo.

I love this ring. I can picture it with my six prong.
It was well under $750. Get this band with me! We can be band sisters! :lol: Just ask Caysie to make the same one she is making me.
Oh, I love that! Gosh, you may end up with a LOT of ring sisters! I love all of Caysie's bands!
So pretty, huh? Caysie (rightly) suggested I wait until I receive my Jovyn to make the call on bands. I am back to thinking I need a band with stones to enhance my overall look.

I am going to bury in here that my ring seems smaller than I thought it would. :/ Even though I went to OWD and picked it out, etc.
I knew it wasn't 2 carats, but I remembered it feeling a tiny bit bigger? It looks like what I imagine a 1.5 carat to be. BF would be too sentimental to upgrade it, I think. And I love it and would not ask any time soon. (I haven't even been proposed to yet. Hello.)

It's just a hair smaller than I recall. Maybe I shouldn't have been looking at these rocks (all zoomed in, too!) for all this time in the interim. :twirl:

DS - tell me if you end up ordering one of these! Even if I get a different wedding band, I think I need one of these, eventually. :)
I ended up asking DH to order it from etsy for Christmas. I'll post pics after Christmas.
 

iwantsparkle

Shiny_Rock
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
306
soxfan|1480685535|4104293 said:
iwantsparkle|1480642401|4104172 said:
diamondseeker2006|1480640110|4104160 said:
soxfan|1479215056|4098748 said:
iwantsparkle|1479156773|4098391 said:
soxfan|1479146685|4098276 said:
or this:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/482148411/platinum-floral-pattern-amelia-band-from?ref=shop_home_active_67

Caysie is making me a band almost exactly like this one. You can ask her to make you same one if you like it. The seller was able to size this band for me, but it was $60 I think and it would interrupt the pattern.
I REALLY like this ring! You are smart to just have Caysie make it.

If it isn't too personal to ask, would you mind telling me how much it will set you back for the bespoke ring? (Lol at me using the word bespoke. I've been wanting to work in into a convo as I keep seeing the term on IG.) :lol:
Please ignore me if this is taboo.

I love this ring. I can picture it with my six prong.
It was well under $750. Get this band with me! We can be band sisters! :lol: Just ask Caysie to make the same one she is making me.
Oh, I love that! Gosh, you may end up with a LOT of ring sisters! I love all of Caysie's bands!
So pretty, huh? Caysie (rightly) suggested I wait until I receive my Jovyn to make the call on bands. I am back to thinking I need a band with stones to enhance my overall look.

I am going to bury in here that my ring seems smaller than I thought it would. :/ Even though I went to OWD and picked it out, etc.
I knew it wasn't 2 carats, but I remembered it feeling a tiny bit bigger? It looks like what I imagine a 1.5 carat to be. BF would be too sentimental to upgrade it, I think. And I love it and would not ask any time soon. (I haven't even been proposed to yet. Hello.)

It's just a hair smaller than I recall. Maybe I shouldn't have been looking at these rocks (all zoomed in, too!) for all this time in the interim. :twirl:

DS - tell me if you end up ordering one of these! Even if I get a different wedding band, I think I need one of these, eventually. :)
I ended up asking DH to order it from etsy for Christmas. I'll post pics after Christmas.
Yay! It's really so pretty. I look forward to pictures. :dance:
 
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    June’s Birthstone Trinity
    June’s Birthstone Trinity
    Memorial Day Jewelry 2020
    Memorial Day Jewelry 2020
    Van Cleef & Arpels Perlee Clovers Bracelet
    Van Cleef & Arpels Perlee Clovers Bracelet

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor



Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.
Top