shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding Band Stress - Please help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Samantha Red

Shiny_Rock
My ERing is a 1.03ct RB solitaire and up to now I have been thinking of a 7 stone half eternity totalling the same carat weight as a wedding band, but I am now worrying that that will be overwhelming for my ERing. I want it to stand out still but want plenty of bling on my finger. Thoughts and pictures would be greatly appreciated as my wedding is in 11 weeks - yikes!

Miss Fortune

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/13/2009 3:24:04 AM
Author:Samantha Red
My ERing is a 1.03ct RB solitaire and up to now I have been thinking of a 7 stone half eternity totalling the same carat weight as a wedding band, but I am now worrying that that will be overwhelming for my ERing. I want it to stand out still but want plenty of bling on my finger. Thoughts and pictures would be greatly appreciated as my wedding is in 11 weeks - yikes!

that would be about 7 -.15 pointers. I think it''ll look great! sounds just about perfect to me. you may prefer the look of .10 pointers though. can you go try rings on? It''s the only way you''ll know for sure. GL!

MMT

Ideal_Rock
I think it sounds perfect but it would probably help to try some on. I think my band does detract some from my ering but not in a bad way. I also like to use a 2mm spacer between them to break things up.
35.gif

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
I just wanted to echo what MMT said in that trying on different styles is the best thing to do. I say this from experience because I saw what I thought I wanted on-line, but realized that I was underwhelmed and was stuck because the piece was customized and non-returnable. So just be sure before you buy!

I think there would be a substantial amount of sparkle with a seven stone eternity band!

Judah Gutwein

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Samantha Red,

I think it would be a very nice combination indeed.
In addition, think about it from this angle:

If you go smaller on the band, perhaps it would look a bit more streamlined with the e-ring and with greater emphasis placed on e-ring (as should be the case..).
However, on the downside, suppose you wish to have the flexibility of wearing these two beautiful rings on two different fingers/hands?
Now all of a sudden, the smaller diamond band, which may have worked better when paired with the e-ring, becomes a bit too small for you when you''re wearing it alone....

Indeed, you may not always be inclined to wear your valuable e-ring...
Maybe you guys are on vacation somewhere and you are kind of queasy about taking the e-ring with you. At the same time, your other half wants to make sure nobody is gonna hit on you.....
2.gif
...so you decide to wear the wedding band by itself....
Bingo! Now you have a diamond wedding band that is large enough for you to really let it stand on its own, without having to take a back seat to the e-ring.

See what I''m saying....

Just my thoughts.

Best!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/13/2009 10:47:48 AM
Author: Judah Gutwein
Samantha Red,

I think it would be a very nice combination indeed.
In addition, think about it from this angle:

If you go smaller on the band, perhaps it would look a bit more streamlined with the e-ring and with greater emphasis placed on e-ring (as should be the case..).
However, on the downside, suppose you wish to have the flexibility of wearing these two beautiful rings on two different fingers/hands?
Now all of a sudden, the smaller diamond band, which may have worked better when paired with the e-ring, becomes a bit too small for you when you''re wearing it alone....

Indeed, you may not always be inclined to wear your valuable e-ring...
Maybe you guys are on vacation somewhere and you are kind of queasy about taking the e-ring with you. At the same time, your other half wants to make sure nobody is gonna hit on you.....
2.gif
...so you decide to wear the wedding band by itself....
Bingo! Now you have a diamond wedding band that is large enough for you to really let it stand on its own, without having to take a back seat to the e-ring.

See what I''m saying....

Just my thoughts.

Best!
Good point! My band is like that - perfect with my ering but it lacks presence on its own.
5.gif

Samantha Red

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all for some great input - particularly the point about wearing the band on its own, I hadn''t thought of that way at all and it is a really valid point. Does anyone have any photographs to demonstrate the difference, I would be really grateful

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Personally, i think .15''s would be too large to wear with a 1 carat e-ring. Diamondseeker recently got a band with stones that size and she found it to not fit right with her 1.6 carat solitaire. She also noted that because the stones are larger the band will sit up higher more likely to hit the prongs on the e-ring. I used to have a 1 carat solitaire with a band of .03''s and found it very nice. I wouldn''t go any larger than .10''s if it were me. If you''ve got a Tiffany''s near you, they have a large selection of bands in the different sizes and then you can decide for yourself what you like best and what you feel comfortable with wearing. I do agree that the .15''s would be perfect for a stand alone ring.

I''ll hunt some pics for you in a second..

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
okay, here''s diamondseekers 1.6 e-ring with here memoire band that has .10''s..

Leon%20Mege%20and%20Memoire%20rings%20001.jpg

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
30.gif
Here's Violet's eternity band with .10s. (I had to add one of the profile, because I am in love with it!!!) It stands alone beautifully!!!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/violet3-uprong-eternity-band.104395/

violet3ering2.jpg
violet3ering6.jpg

Mine is teeny, with 1 pointers (I don't have any of it alone on my hand, but you can see how it compliments my ring - but is kinda wee on it's own.
5.gif
I usually pair it with a 2mm knife edge band if I am not wearing my solitaire for some reason).

gdbandyay.JPG

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
here is sna77''s wife''s set. She''s got a 2.37 carat e-ring and her band is .16''s:

lin-tiffany-eternityband6.JPG

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
here is snlee''s 1.23 with .03''s in the band:

ringsfullhand.jpg

Samantha Red

Shiny_Rock
Those photos are incredibly helpful thank you so much. I think 15/16 pointers will definitely be far too much for my one carat stone. Maybe 10 pointers or slightly less will be the perfect compromise. That way I get a nice stand alone ring too. Thank you again

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results