shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding band question

Sappheiros

Rough_Rock
Hi, this is actually my first post. I hope this forum is the right one... I've been searching for a few days online for a wedding band that goes with my engagement ring. This is my engagement ring: http://www.faycullen.com/rings/800/f827r6sd.html

Today I finally found this:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/91680347/platinum-diamond-estate-wedding-band

but the seller only has 1 feedback and there's not many details about the company on there. Also does the price seem normal or too low? I have no idea. Honestly the only nice piece of jewelry I even have is my engagement ring :) I have not dealt with buying too many things on etsy so somewhat concerned about the possibility of getting ripped off. What should I ask about when I contact the seller to try to make sure it's legit??

Also any suggestions for other bands that would go with my e-ring would be appreciated :) I would prefer a straight band, not curved, and fairly thin. Fay cullen makes a band that goes with it but its curved and I don't really like it: http://www.faycullen.com/Settings/All-Settings/7108/ I am trying to stay under $1k and have a size 6.5 or 7 finger

stci

Ideal_Rock
My opinion is the ring is gorgeous but really expensive. Take a look elsewhere.

Sappheiros

Rough_Rock
@purplesilk thanks for the suggestions, although none match my ring quite as well as the etsy listing :( i think part of what I liked so much is that the sides were the same with the wheat patterned engraving and the knife edge instead of just flat, just like my e-ring

@stci - what would be a fair price for a ring like that? Also the seller emailed me some additional pics, the markings on the inside of the ring say 100 irid 900 plat if that makes any difference.

Carnelian

Rough_Rock
This is my first post too and your request caught my attention. Congrats on ur engagement!
... a cpl of points/questions.
R U planning to wear the 2 rings 2 gether? If so, the "fit" with the band is important: shape, size, color and width.
The engagment ring has a slightly flared center and multiple gemstones, significant factors for matching to a band.

The Etsy band choice is lovely, dressy and classic, yet simple. I like that it's platinum and was wondering if the stated weight of 1.5g.
is with or without the stones. No grading of the 10 diamonds provided. I would like to know the quality and how they are set into the ring and are they "matching". Is there metal behind the stones or not? Will they match the colors of stones in your engmnt ring?
The vintage ring is size 9, 2 sizes larger than yours. How will it look resized on you? Can you get credit for the "scrap" platinum they remove?

As importantly, how do the two rings feel on your finger, alone and together. Comfort is always an asset.
Have you considered a custom wedding band? It would be simple enough to design: a flat /square? band in the shape coordinated to the Ceylon piece. Possibly a small center stone or two. Last consideration: how will you keep them shining. Pick a design/piece with maintenance in mind and the future. If it's happily ever after, you'll have these a looooooong time. :geek: aka Linda

Had wedding bands made for me and mine. His: a heavy (man weight) gold wavy band, a circle, but fluid.
Mine: A simple 14 ct gold band w 8 channel set diamond baguettes of excellent quality. I still like it. Last piece of advice: verify the metal and stones listed in any ads. Diamond quality matters.

Sappheiros

Rough_Rock
Carnelian|1342016729|3232301 said:
This is my first post too and your request caught my attention. Congrats on ur engagement!
... a cpl of points/questions.
R U planning to wear the 2 rings 2 gether? If so, the "fit" with the band is important: shape, size, color and width.
The engagment ring has a slightly flared center and multiple gemstones, significant factors for matching to a band.

The Etsy band choice is lovely, dressy and classic, yet simple. I like that it's platinum and was wondering if the stated weight of 1.5g.
is with or without the stones. No grading of the 10 diamonds provided. I would like to know the quality and how they are set into the ring and are they "matching". Is there metal behind the stones or not? Will they match the colors of stones in your engmnt ring?
The vintage ring is size 9, 2 sizes larger than yours. How will it look resized on you? Can you get credit for the "scrap" platinum they remove?

As importantly, how do the two rings feel on your finger, alone and together. Comfort is always an asset.
Have you considered a custom wedding band? It would be simple enough to design: a flat /square? band in the shape coordinated to the Ceylon piece. Possibly a small center stone or two. Last consideration: how will you keep them shining. Pick a design/piece with maintenance in mind and the future. If it's happily ever after, you'll have these a looooooong time. :geek: aka Linda

Had wedding bands made for me and mine. His: a heavy (man weight) gold wavy band, a circle, but fluid.
Mine: A simple 14 ct gold band w 8 channel set diamond baguettes of excellent quality. I still like it. Last piece of advice: verify the metal and stones listed in any ads. Diamond quality matters.

thank you!! I have been emailing the etsy seller not really knowing what questions to ask, and this really helps!
he also said to me he could make a copy of the ring in any metal but in my size... or could size the original ring. Looking at his sales history, he has made this one a few times already it seems. There is no price difference, so I don't know which is a better idea. I also need to ask all the questions you just asked :D I would be wearing the 2 rings together.

how long does a custom ring usually take to make? I am getting married in 2 months so I don't know if I have the time? and would that end up costing more? $1k is really pushing the upper end of my budget, but as you point out, I have to wear it a long time!

Sappheiros

Rough_Rock
I went to a local jeweler to try on bands to get an idea of what looks good with my ring and ended up buying something there :)

stci

Ideal_Rock
pics pics pics please!!!!!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results