shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding Band or Stand Alone E-Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ringplease

Shiny_Rock
I am just curious about those of you who wear only an e-ring vs. those who opt for both. It seems that with all of the new pave and complex beautiful e-ring designs that are out lately, women are choosing to only have the e-ring. Do people ever wonder if you are perpetually engaged?

I had always wanted the traditional e-ring and wedding band but it seems that the e-ring settings that I am gravitating towards are difficult to pair with wedding bands, particularly those with halos and pave. Any thoughts???

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/2/2007 7:26:34 PM
Author:ringplease
I am just curious about those of you who wear only an e-ring vs. those who opt for both. It seems that with all of the new pave and complex beautiful e-ring designs that are out lately, women are choosing to only have the e-ring. Do people ever wonder if you are perpetually engaged?

I had always wanted the traditional e-ring and wedding band but it seems that the e-ring settings that I am gravitating towards are difficult to pair with wedding bands, particularly those with halos and pave. Any thoughts???
this is a generalization but I find it "generally" true that those who are just starting out want an e-ring AND wedding band... those who are upgrading are content to have a "one ring to rule them all".

IMO the *thin* e-rings with the pave still look best with another ring - you can get three sided pave but just on two sides... and wear the metal sides toward each other. I know the look of having a super thin band with a large diamond or haloed diamond is very popular and I admit it looks nice as an e-ring, but it lacks substance IMO for a wedding band. I think it is easier to get away with one ring if it is thicker or there is so much "diamond coverage" you can''t see the band anyway LOL I, personally, wouldn''t want to look engaged after I was married.

The ring I''m doing is going to be somewhere between 4-6mm wide and will stand alone (unless I''m feeling sentimental and not matchy lol) and it seems really wide but 2 2mm bands or 2 3mm bands are that wide combined. I think one ring is fine if it is wider. Hey - more diamonds! ;-)

joadma

Rough_Rock
I had this problem with my Ritani 3 stone ring. I got it for my 10 year anniversary and I was constantly asked "when is the wedding" and "congrats on your engagement"! So, I got matching eternity wedding bands to go with them. Now, my ring is even more beautiful and I never have anyone question whether it is an engagement ring or not. :) Good luck with your decision........

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m going with both, I agree with Cehra that us youngin''s generally want two bands. I do. But I ALSO agree with her that my ring (a cushion in a ritani pave setting) would look really really thin without another band once we''re married.

But if you fall in love with a ring that won''t look nice with a band, but want a band anyway, you could always wear your e-ring on your right hand.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/2/2007 9:56:32 PM
Author: neatfreak
I''m going with both, I agree with Cehra that us youngin''s generally want two bands. I do. But I ALSO agree with her that my ring (a cushion in a ritani pave setting) would look really really thin without another band once we''re married.

But if you fall in love with a ring that won''t look nice with a band, but want a band anyway, you could always wear your e-ring on your right hand.
Actually I read here once that the latest style (and I liked it so much I''d be happy to promote it lol) was wearing bands on your left hand and elaborate RHRs on your right hand... no "engagement ring". Katie Holmes did this... wore her gorgeous pink oval on her left hand until she married and now wears it on her right. I really admire people who can afford the moon being sentimental about their rings. I''ve thought about wearing my ring on my right but I think the stone is too big for that - I dunno... we''ll see. And by too big I just mean for practical purposes not too big LOL The ring I''m having made is going to kinda give an illusion of being 3 bands though.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/2/2007 10:32:40 PM
Author: Cehrabehra
Date: 4/2/2007 9:56:32 PM

Actually I read here once that the latest style (and I liked it so much I''d be happy to promote it lol) was wearing bands on your left hand and elaborate RHRs on your right hand... no ''engagement ring''. Katie Holmes did this... wore her gorgeous pink oval on her left hand until she married and now wears it on her right. I really admire people who can afford the moon being sentimental about their rings. I''ve thought about wearing my ring on my right but I think the stone is too big for that - I dunno... we''ll see. And by too big I just mean for practical purposes not too big LOL The ring I''m having made is going to kinda give an illusion of being 3 bands though.

Ohhhh I can''t wait to see it! Mine should be in my BF''s hands this week!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/2/2007 10:33:36 PM

Ohhhh I can''t wait to see it! Mine should be in my BF''s hands this week!
oh awesome!! I can''t wait to see yours!!!

jayreneepea

Brilliant_Rock
I''m definitely not a youngin, but prefer 2 rings. I wore a ring with a guard giving the appearance of a single ring for 12 years, but part of the reason for the upgrade was to have two rings and I actually prefer 2 rings that aren''t "matchy".

curiopotter

Brilliant_Rock
Personally, I like having my options. My ring is going to have three bands. It will have two eternity bands set underneath the basket of the engagement ring. I''m also planning on getting a plain white gold comfort fit band when I don''t want to wear my blingy set.

:) Keep your options open.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
my first stone, a round in yellow gold, had these two ring guards that were soldered together and the ring fit in between it. When I upgraded, I wore the new ring on my left hand and an eternity band of all rounds on my right hand. Even though I have upgraded again, I still wear the larger stone on the left hand and my eternity band on my right. I am a lefty and it just feels more comfy to me.

ringplease

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for all of the insight. I guess it really is about personal preference. The ring I really like has a medium width pave band and I think I will be ok wearing it alone. I just might have to get a half eternity band to wear as an alternative!!!

Thanks again!!!

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
I wear my pave encrusted e-ring on the left and my eternity band on my right. No one has asked me if I am just engaged. I like it this way; I get bling on both hands!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results