shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding band into earring jackets

MonkeysInk

Shiny_Rock
Premium
My first wedding band was a white gold band with baguettes. After I was divorced, it sat in my drawer unworn, but not totally unloved - I just wasn't sure what to do with it.

Fast forward a few years....I've met my now-husband and his lovely family, and his sister wears very small huggie earrings set with baguettes every day. I can't help but wonder if my ring could be transformed into something similar.

I take the ring to my local jeweler and she says that to make huggies, it would be more than the cost of just buying some new earrings. She suggests cutting the ring in half to make two jackets that curve under and give the illusion of huggies.

She has just reset my great-grandmother's studs from some very damaged buttercup settings into four-prong basket settings that really showed how beautiful the stones are. They're small - like 1/3 ctw - and a pretty size for every day wear. She says that jackets would be lovely with my newly reset earrings. I trust her judgement and leave the ring with her.

I am delighted with the results! I can wear them with my diamond studs and with my pearl studs, and there's enough space at the top of the jackets that I could wear them with bigger studs eventually.

The ring:

before.jpg

The studs:

stud.jpg

The studs with the jackets:

after.jpg

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's brilliant! I'm always impressed when jewelry can be so creatively recycled, enjoy!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW, they are gorgeous! :love: The jeweller did a fantastic job, and they're the perfect size for your studs. Great job! :appl: :appl:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very cool! You have found a keeper of a jeweler!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results