shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding Band Help

Dcrafty1

Shiny_Rock
I got engaged last March. See post here https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/1-51-g-s1-aca-engagement-ring.247472/

we were supposed to get married this coming Saturday. Due to Covid, in May we decided to postpone to next year. Then with everything going on, we decided to just have a private ceremony this Friday. I ordered a thin platinum band to be used as a spacer til the actually wedding next year. Well hurricane Laura destroyed our town and our wedding plans. So now we’re cancelling next years plan and getting married as soon as we can. Which brings me to my question. For my wedding band we originally picked
https://www.whiteflash.com/wedding-rings/benchmark-shared-prong-diamond-wedding-ring-5104.htm or

since we’re not having a wedding and because 2020 has been a “crazy” year, we’ve decided to splurge a little more on my band. the dilemma is, I will wear this band with my ering always except for rare occasions where then I will only wear the band.
I was thinking of moving tcw up to .75 or 1 carat. I want it to be able to be seen when worn alone but not overpower my ering when worn together. I’ve also decided to go with HP diamonds on my band. i love my ering. Nothing wrong with Whiteflash.

what size do you think is just right vs. too big.

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
Youve got a few things to consider. Does your Ering spin? If it does, your wband will too. Will it bother you to see metal when you look at it? My rings spin on my finger and therefore i chose to do an eternity band. Have you tried bands on to see what your eyes prefer? Depending on the melee size, the band width will fluctuate. what width is your Ering? Do you want the wband to be thinner, same or wider? I prefer a wider size wedding band so made my decision based on that. I had HPD custom make my eternity, my solitaire is a 2 carat cushion cut (6.94x6.94) and my eternity has .08 pointers. My Ering band is 2.4mm and the eternity is about 2.8mm width. I’d encourage you to go try some bands on to help you with your decision! Good luck!

Dcrafty1

Shiny_Rock
Youve got a few things to consider. Does your Ering spin? If it does, your wband will too. Will it bother you to see metal when you look at it? My rings spin on my finger and therefore i chose to do an eternity band. Have you tried bands on to see what your eyes prefer? Depending on the melee size, the band width will fluctuate. what width is your Ering? Do you want the wband to be thinner, same or wider? I prefer a wider size wedding band so made my decision based on that. I had HPD custom make my eternity, my solitaire is a 2 carat cushion cut (6.94x6.94) and my eternity has .08 pointers. My Ering band is 2.4mm and the eternity is about 2.8mm width. I’d encourage you to go try some bands on to help you with your decision! Good luck!

Thanks. No my ring doesn’t spin It would bother me to see metal.
my Ering is vatche royal crown. I prefer they be about the same width. I tried this on at Whiteflash last year. Which is the 0.5 listed above. We loved it but was trying to get something a little bigger. Maybe I should just stay with this since I know I like this one
F1715FC0-D7DD-4336-B8E2-4779D6F7EEF3.jpeg

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
That does look pretty!! How lucky for you that your rings don’t spin! Im jealous! Haha. Could you use the extra funds you save getting the .50cttw band for another piece of jewelry? Maybe earrings or a necklace?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think that size looks perfect with your gorgeous ring.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the size band shown looks really good with your ring. Any larger and it may look "off".

Dcrafty1

Shiny_Rock
That does look pretty!! How lucky for you that your rings don’t spin! Im jealous! Haha. Could you use the extra funds you save getting the .50cttw band for another piece of jewelry? Maybe earrings or a necklace?

I love the way you think. Im thinking of earrings. Ones I can upgrade later :appl:

Dcrafty1

Shiny_Rock
I think the size band shown looks really good with your ring. Any larger and it may look "off".

Thanks. I think you’re right

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Those rings look really nice together.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the one in the pic bc the size doesn’t overwhelm your ring.

stonehunter20

Shiny_Rock
the pair you have look really good together! they're about the same width looks like. i think they match well.

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
I'm a huge advocate of having the widths of my main ring match my bands. It is just much more pleasing to my eye. I don't have a solitaire but just as an example.

A little extra but all 1 width
20200226_180946.jpg

My gorgeous band but waaaay too much. Its almost 5mm.
20200920_132708.jpg

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
The band in the middle is 1mm the other two are 2mm, mayne 2.2mm.

Blondegirl

Rough_Rock
The band in the middle is 1mm the other two are 2mm, mayne 2.2mm.

Thanks. Trying to figure out what I can fit with my ering to not look overkill.

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
How wide is the band on your ER?

A few more. The ruby band is 3mm but the sides are so invisible it looks closer to 2.5mm
20201226_114258.jpg

The diamond band is more like 3.3 to 3.5mm i think it works only because the band on my ER tapers so it is thicker. YMMV.

Attachments

• 20201226_114302.jpg
    20201226_114302.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 7

Blondegirl

Rough_Rock
How wide is the band on your ER?

A few more. The ruby band is 3mm but the sides are so invisible it looks closer to 2.5mm
20201226_114258.jpg

The diamond band is more like 3.3 to 3.5mm i think it works only because the band on my ER tapers so it is thicker. YMMV.

I def think the channel bands work well cause they don’t read as wide. All of yours are lovely! And so much fun to play around with them!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results