shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding band for the Leon solitaire

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

boston_jeff

Brilliant_Rock
OK, everybody, it''s time to start thinking about the w-band.

Pretty sure I want to do a thin one-sided pave.

The choice is really between having Leon do one to match the e-ring, or going with a stock version like the Tiffany.

Thoughts on milgrain? Other thoughts?

boston_jeff

Brilliant_Rock
#1, with milgrain

r860_004Ww.jpg

boston_jeff

Brilliant_Rock
#2, without milgrain

r859_012Ww.jpg

widget

Ideal_Rock
Hi Jeff..

Does T&C have something special that you particularly like? If not, then I''d stick with Leon. Of course, I''m slightly biased.
1.gif

Since the ER is sleek and simple, I''d probably go without millegrain....but then having millegrain might be fun for contrast...LOL...I''m a lot of help, aren''t I? You really can''t go wrong either way.

Have you seen them or similar rings in person? Does one ''speak'' to you or your fiance more than the other?

widget

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like no 1.
no. 2 looks like it would bother your fi. Just a thought

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey Jeff,
I like #1 the best. Tiffany''s does have a lovely band that you should check out. It''s called the Legacy band. It''s thin, bead set and has migraining on it. I have it and love it.

lizardofaz

Shiny_Rock
I think #2 (without milgrain) is much sleeker looking. BTW, do you have any idea how wide this band is?

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
My vote is for #2.
1.gif

Rock Candy

Brilliant_Rock
Jeff,

You won''t go wrong with either of the two shown, but I prefer #2. Here''s my rationale:

1. It looks as though the diamonds are a wee bit larger with #2, yet the width of the ring looks the same.

2. Since you went with a very narrow e-ring band, you were probably going for the "less metal shown is better" look, right? I believe #2 would achieve that look as well.

BUT... on the other hand... the contrast between #1 and your e-ring would be stunning as well. (I still like #2 the best, though!)

snlee

Ideal_Rock
My vote is for #2! I think the sleek look would go perfectly with your FI''s gorgeous solitaire ering!

Kasey3

Shiny_Rock
I vote for the second band. I actually have it and it is really beautiful. I think the width is 1.5.

ETA: it is very comfortable

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like both but would have it made to be the same width as the e-ring, so I''d have Leon do it.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like #2, and I''d have Leon make it..

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d had leon make it, it will match better. Of the two, I like the non-milgrained one better. I would get leon''s opinion on what he thinks would look nice!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
#2, by Leon to match the e-ring.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jeff, I don''t mean this with ANY offense at all because you have worked harder than 99% men at this ering thing...

But you said what YOU wanted to do was a one sided pave...is that also what SHE wants? Just checking.
34.gif

Anyway, that aside, individually I strongly prefer the first band you posted. But with the ering, I think I prefer the one without the milgrain because I think it will match better. But REALLY I would personally prefer a plain band to let that gorgeous rock shine all on it''s own.

thumbelina

Shiny_Rock
If it''s a choice between those 2 bands only, I definitely prefer #2 (especially pairing with that gorgeous e-ring)!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Could it be made like #1 but without the milgrain? I adore milgrain but I am not so sure it goes with the style of your e-ring.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
#2 or have Leon make one just for her e-ring!!

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
#2 is my favorite. Have you tried this combination with your DF''s ering, though? What''s her thought?

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
even though it''s not really answering your question, i agree with neatfreak. PLAIN band. a smooth lickable metal band. yummo with that gorgeous sleek setting!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i would agree with seeing what your FI likes, have her try on similar styles if possible. that said, i do love the look of a thinnish pave or tiny shared prong band with a stunning solitaire. nothing overwhelming, just a little glitter/sparkle, like what you have picked out. based on the photos and seeing them alone, i like #1, but i think #2 might pair better with her ering.

boston_jeff

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/3/2007 5:56:31 PM
Author: neatfreak
Jeff, I don't mean this with ANY offense at all because you have worked harder than 99% men at this ering thing...

But you said what YOU wanted to do was a one sided pave...is that also what SHE wants? Just checking.
34.gif

Trust me, Neatfreak. I do not proceed with any of these projects on my own initiative... I am EXTREMELY well-trained (well, at least when it comes to jewelry). I have no interest in getting anything based on MY preferences. I make sure I know what my fiance is looking for, and then I go out and try to find the best execution of that style (with maybe a few subtle touches/modifications of my own). I reached a little with the stone for the e-ring, but I knew she liked cushions and dropper her hints all the way through.

I might act a little more on my own initiative when it comes to just a present, but not with something as significant as a an e-ring or a w-band that she will wear for the rest of her life.

boston_jeff

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/3/2007 6:08:28 PM
Author: thumbelina
If it''s a choice between those 2 bands only, I definitely prefer #2 (especially pairing with that gorgeous e-ring)!

Not just those two, thumbelina! I''m open to other suggestions!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/3/2007 8:12:52 PM
Author: boston_jeff

Trust me, Neatfreak. I do not proceed with any of these projects on my own initiative... I am EXTREMELY well-trained (well, at least when it comes to jewelry). I have no interest in getting anything based on MY preferences. I make sure I know what my fiance is looking for, and then I go out and try to find the best execution of that style (with maybe a few subtle touches/modifications of my own). I reached a little with the stone for the e-ring, but I knew she liked cushions and dropper her hints all the way through.

I might act a little more on my own initiative when it comes to just a present, but not with something as significant as a an e-ring or a w-band that she will wear for the rest of her life.
You are one very smart guy!!!

Can #1 be made without the milgrain? I love milgrain but do not think it really goes with your e-ring. It would just bea plain beadset band.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/3/2007 7:37:36 PM
Author: jcrow
even though it''s not really answering your question, i agree with neatfreak. PLAIN band. a smooth lickable metal band. yummo with that gorgeous sleek setting!
Put me in the plain camp.

While I love both the bands (really!), I tend to believe when you''ve got a killer stone, let it shine. To me, the band is going to somewhat distract ones view of the stone/ring, and I just think it''s too pretty for that.
5.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I vote #1 with no milgraining, too! I like the edge of metal and for some reason I think it would look better with her e-ring than the one without edges. Of course, #2 is gorgeous, too.

I would definitely go with Leon, though, vs. Tiffany. His stuff is just so delicate that nothing else will complement your gorgeous setting like another Leon would!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/3/2007 8:12:52 PM
Author: boston_jeff
Date: 7/3/2007 5:56:31 PM

Author: neatfreak

Jeff, I don''t mean this with ANY offense at all because you have worked harder than 99% men at this ering thing...

34.gif

I FIGURED so. But just wanted to make SURE since your wording implied otherwise. Smart man Jeff!!!

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Have you asked Leon what he recommends? A plain band to match the shank of the ering would continue the elegance that is so apparent in this ring.

lizardofaz

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/3/2007 2:55:07 PM
Author:boston_jeff
OK, everybody, it''s time to start thinking about the w-band.

Pretty sure I want to do a thin one-sided pave.

The choice is really between having Leon do one to match the e-ring, or going with a stock version like the Tiffany.

Thoughts on milgrain? Other thoughts?
Hi Boston Jeff, I know this isn''t exactly ''thin'' or pave, but did you see this Leon ring? (It''s sold now, though). If I remember correctly, the stats were 2.10 ctw and 3 mm wide.

leoneternity.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results