shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding band for tension ering

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tammzy

Rough_Rock
I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a wedding band for my ering. I love it so much the way it is, he picked it out himself and i'm worried a band might take away from the design. But it might also enhance it. Anyone have any ideas or pics of what other people may have done with similar styles? I have considered just getting another ring but I can't decide.
tamzringsx0.jpg

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Welcome Tammzy! For some reason I am unable to view your picture.

Tammzy

Rough_Rock
Strange, I can see it...I don''t get it. I''m also a newbie though that may be why hehe

Tammzy

Rough_Rock
It''s visible to me now, is it to anyone else?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can see it. It's gorgeous! Who's the designer?

I wouldn't want the band to compete with that beautiful ring. Either a plain band or you might have to wear it on another hand.

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring looks like a Claude Thibaudeau "Pure Perfection". Those rings do have matching wedding bands. Here''s his link, look up Pure Perfection under the "Collections" Tab.

http://www.claudethibaudeau.com/

By the way, if your ring is an authentic Claude Thibeaudeau design, you are a very lucky girl! I''ve been and admirer of his designs for years and he is the inspiration behind my three stone ring.

He is one of my all time favorite designers.

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Here, I''ll try to post a picture

thibaudeau wedding sets.jpg

Tammzy

Rough_Rock
Yeah my fiance picked it from Claude Thibaudeau designs and had it custom made. I absolutely love it. He made slight changes like the bar is rose gold instead of yellow. I love it though. I saw the wedding bands on his site, i'm not sure if I like them though. So hard to decide! The owner of the store my fiance bought it from had some ideas, but they all involve the band going into the openings of the ring. Might look cool with a bunch of pave diamonds or something, but its so hard to visualize! It's also hard to tell in those pics, if that loop around would block the diamond. I wonder if it could just be open. *sigh* so hard to decide

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Oh I can see it now and it is absolutely gorgeous! You lucky gal. I love Claude Thibaudeau type settings. The picture in my avatar is one of his that I wear on my right hand. I wouldn't put another band with that beauty if it were mine.

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/27/2007 12:52:41 PM
Author: Tammzy
Yeah my fiance picked it from Claude Thibaudeau designs and had it custom made. I absolutely love it. He made slight changes like the bar is rose gold instead of yellow. I love it though. I saw the wedding bands on his site, i''m not sure if I like them though. So hard to decide! The owner of the store my fiance bought it from had some ideas, but they all involve the band going into the openings of the ring. Might look cool with a bunch of pave diamonds or something, but its so hard to visualize! It''s also hard to tell in those pics, if that loop around would block the diamond. I wonder if it could just be open. *sigh* so hard to decide
Ohhh, Ohhh, You are one lucky, lucky girl!!
36.gif

Regarding the wedding band, is there any way you could try on a Claude Thibaudeau wedding set just to see how you like it and how it fits together and looks on your finger? He is an extraordinary designer and I can''t imagine that he would make a wedding band that took away from his e-ring design.

I wear my wedding ring without a wedding band, so I hear ya when you are thinking you want it to be a stand alone ring. If it were me, I''d want to try on a Thibaudeau wedding set before I decided one way or the other.

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/27/2007 12:52:41 PM
Yeah my fiance picked it from Claude Thibaudeau designs and had it custom made. I absolutely love it. He made slight changes like the bar is rose gold instead of yellow. I love it though. I saw the wedding bands on his site, i''m not sure if I like them though. So hard to decide! The owner of the store my fiance bought it from had some ideas, but they all involve the band going into the openings of the ring. Might look cool with a bunch of pave diamonds or something, but its so hard to visualize! It''s also hard to tell in those pics, if that loop around would block the diamond. I wonder if it could just be open. *sigh* so hard to decide
WOW! I love that it''s rose gold, how pretty! How about 2 very thin rose gold bands with diamonds on either side of the band?

(see attached pic)

tamzringsx0x.jpg

Tammzy

Rough_Rock
thanks blingergrl. Ya originally I was thinking of having the band wrap around the outside. But in order to that it has to bridge across somewhere, and then they would have to shave part of the e-ring. 2 separate bands like your idea, would have to loop somewhere like into the openings.

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
or one thicker one:

tamzringsx0x0x.jpg

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/27/2007 1:17:19 PM
thanks blingergrl. Ya originally I was thinking of having the band wrap around the outside. But in order to that it has to bridge across somewhere, and then they would have to shave part of the e-ring. 2 separate bands like your idea, would have to loop somewhere like into the openings.
Ohh...that sucks!!!
7.gif
I'm not sure what you mean by looping into the opening if they would be 2 separate bands (3 in total)?

Tammzy

Rough_Rock
It might work, but i'm not sure if the bands would sit straight next to the curved ering. It's definately an idea I hadn't thought of though! Thanks so much. That would still keep the ring open too. hmmmmmm
The looping I was talking about was like in that pic of the claude thibeadeau band where it goes into the openings

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Tammzy:
Do you have any hand shots of your ring? I''d love to see what it looks like on from different angles.

Tammzy

Rough_Rock
I do, but not on the computer i'm on right now, I'll post them when my other one is working. Hopefully later today. About trying on a claude thibeadeau set, i'm not sure if I can. The jeweller actually made a wax sample of a wedding band but its so hard to picture with bright red wax haha. Althought the one he made was thicker than the ones on the claude thibeadeau web site. Maybe i'll ask them to make a thinner wax

MsP

Brilliant_Rock
I''d think a thin rose gold channel set wedding band in a similar shape to the C.T. one that was already posted would look amazing!

... the ring alone is stunning just as it is! Are you sure you want to mess with absolute perfection!?!

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/27/2007 1:59:12 PM
I do, but not on the computer i'm on right now, I'll post them when my other one is working. Hopefully later today. About trying on a claude thibeadeau set, i'm not sure if I can. The jeweller actually made a wax sample of a wedding band but its so hard to picture with bright red wax haha. Althought the one he made was thicker than the ones on the claude thibeadeau web site. Maybe i'll ask them to make a thinner wax
Is there a reason why you would have your local jeweler (rather than CT) make the wedding band?? There are so many nuances that come into play with a CT designer piece, I would think if you have an original e-ring you would want the band to be made by the same designer. I'm just thinking out loud here, wondering that's all. My apologies if my question is too prying.

As far as trying on sets (before you commit to a wedding band) I was thinking you could ask your jeweler to have CT send him a wedding set similar to your style so you could look at and try it on. Then you could decide whether or not you wanted a wedding band.

I don't know if I would mix an original piece like yours and another jewelers wedding band. I would go either all custom or all original designer. But that's just me.

Caveat: I'm no expert, just a middle aged housewife who loves the "bling"!

Tammzy

Rough_Rock
Sorry I must not have been clear. He didn''t order it from CT, he just had it custom made after seeing those designs. So the jeweller that i''m talking about is the one who made my actual ering

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Ohh I see now. Duh!
19.gif
My bad!

Well then of course, if you decide to go with a wedding band, you should stick with your jeweler, he''s done a great job.

Regarding trying a set on. The CT website has alist of jewelers that carry his designs. Maybe one is close to where you live and you could pop in to try it on?

Your ring is just beautiful.
30.gif
I can''t wait to see some hand shots.
I think it''s wonderful that you''ve got such a unique design.
I bet it looks terrific on you!

Tammzy

Rough_Rock
Unfortunately my other computer isn''t working now. I''m getting it fixed today hopefully. I''ll post hand pics when I get it back. I''ve been looking at pics and found one ring that was kind of neat but i''m not sure if it would take away from my ring. This is SOOOO hard to decide. The one I saw basically fit totally into the opening and then wrapped around the one side and had pave diamonds all around. Not sure if I would rather have that though or a narrow band with diamonds, or NOTHING. I just don''t know. I''d love to hear ANY ideas!

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Tammzy:

Have you thought of anything yet?...just curious! And if you can manage it, try to post some more pics.
9.gif

curiopotter

Brilliant_Rock
You should try the set together, but here''s a picture of what they should look like when they''re sitting flush.

The diamond will not be covered by the curve, however it will curve around the diamond. It looks nice, probably will be more reasonable than having something else that will make it cumbersome for you to wear.

thibaudeau_set.jpg

Tammzy

Rough_Rock
whoops i posted it twice, see below

Tammzy

Rough_Rock
Hey everyone, thanks for you opinions! Thanks curiopotter for showing how those 2 would look together. I dont'' know how you guys manage to create these pics but its very helpful for someone like me who just cannot visualize haha. I''ll post some more pics I finally got my computer back.
hand shot:
allpics2933ck9.jpg

shot of a wax the jeweller had made, I used to wear it the other way around on my hand thats why its backwards. I prefer now having the bar on the outside. I''m not sure I like this wax either because its so thick into the opening.
allpics2941um2.jpg

So now what i''m leaning towards is a thin matching band... like the claude thibeadeau one, but with diamonds in the band. What do you guys think?

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! What an amazing ring! I have been reading up and down this post for the longest time just trying to imagine what I would do....so I see your dilemma. It is gorgeous by itself so if you absolutely can''t decide right now I think you could definitely get away with simply wearing it alone until you do decide. I say if you really want a band then go for the CT one that matches. The sleek and shiny one looks gorgeous to go along with the sleek and shiny look of the ering...however, the matching CT diamond band looks incredible, also. Look!... I have given you three choices...not much help, am I? I am a horrible "mind-maker-upper"....lol

Best of luck deciding and keep us updated.

I would love to see some handshots from different sides!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree with you. I would prefer the band to be thinner, like the Claude Thibeadeau bands. And I like the idea of the band having tiny diamonds in it! That way it would stand out as a separate piece instead of just blending in with the engagment ring.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results