shape
carat
color
clarity

wedding band doesn''t match exactly

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

windy1365

Shiny_Rock
My engagement ring is from Bluenile. The setting is platinum with 1/2 caret total weight princess diamonds in the band...average color is H. My center stone is a G. The problem is that I chose to save $500, and instead of purchasing the matching wedding band from Bluenile, we got it at Kay jewelers. I have three problems:

1) The band at Kay jewelers has an average of I/J colored stones, but in the sunlight, they look much whiter and brighter than the diamonds in the channel setting of my e-ring. Why??? This doesn''t make sense.
2) The Kay jewelers wedding band had only 10 diamonds instead of the 12 diamonds of the matching band, so it doesn''t line up with my wedding band by one stone on each side. It does sit flush, however.
3) I found out where the $500 savings went... the back side of the ring is VERY narrow, unlike my e-ring, which is the same width all the way around. It gets narrow in the back, not the front, so you can''t tell this from the front of my hand.

Would any of this bother anyone, or do you think it was worth the $500 savings? Do you think my ring will miss its perfect match? The rings look very nice together, but it isn''t perfect. Would anyone other than me actually even notice the difference?

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
I don't think anyone will notice at all. Actually, there are many people around here that prefer a slightly mismatched wedding band. I personally like a gap between my rings (or I should say don't mind at all) and have no intention of buying the matching band to my e-ring. My wedding band will also not match up with the diamonds in the e-ring, nor will they even be set the same way!! My ering has channel set princess diamonds, while my planned wedding band will be all prong set princess diamonds.

As for $500 savings, well that is up to you. Will this bother you everytime you look at your rings?? If so, then maybe some piece of mind is well worth $500.

What metal are your rings? I only ask because a narrower band on the wedding band could slowly wear if it were gold and may eventually need to be repaired to save the integrity of the ring. I'm not talking two years down the road, but at some point, depending on wear, etc. However, I don't know if you plan to keep these forever as your wedding set or maybe upgrade the wedding band later in life. Or if the band is platinum, then you won't have this wear problem in your lifetime hopefully.

Hopefully this helps a little....Good luck with whatever you decide!!
1.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Oh and some pics of your rings wouldn''t hurt at all
2.gif
3.gif

windy1365

Shiny_Rock
Thanks! You made me feel better. My rings are platinum, so I won''t have to worry about it wearing down. The thin band in the back might get bent though, but that shouldn''t be too hard to get fixed.

I''m just mad because I thought I was saving $500... but I see that it really isn''t a value because the band is so thin in the back... so that''s where the $500 went. I guess you get what you pay for.

I don''t have any pics... I''m not supposed to be wearing my wedding band, but my fiancee is in Canada with work, so I sneak it out!!

Why do you think the I/J stones is the wedding band face up whiter than the H diamonds in the e-ring band? That''s kind of strange, isn''t it?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results