shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding band dilemma - help me decide!

BabyNurse

Rough_Rock
AB20D160-6472-446F-BF41-F721783AACB2.jpeg I’m trying to choose half eternity bands for a 10-year upgrade. Current e-ring is a 0.67 OEC set in a custom double-bezel. The stone has been in my family since the 1920s and my husband custom-designed the setting, which I love, so that bit isn’t negotiable.

I’m trying to decide on bands to go with.

Top pic is IDJ .50 twc (each band). Is the scale off?

Bottom is from a local jeweler but I don’t love the way it’s set - I’m seeing too much metal for my taste.

Should I keep looking for a slightly smaller band that’s better proportioned? Am I overthinking this? Halp.

kindred

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
How cool that you have an heirloom like that. I like it with the I DJ band. Those proportions look better to me. Do you have a picture showing it with just one band? I think that might look better than having a band on either side.

scoutfinch

Shiny_Rock
What a special heirloom! Such a pretty diamond. I like it with one band like in your last photo.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also like it with the one band!! LOVELY heirloom ring!!

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The single band looks beautiful with it!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful diamond & sentiment, plus the setting is perfect. Another vote for the single IDJ band, but if you do decide to go down the route of 2 bands, I would make sure they are completely identical & also that they don't protrude in width from under the halo of the diamond ring. I actually quite like the look of the 2 IDJ bands in the first picture!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Single band - two overwhelms your ering and it’s too pretty for that!

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Do you have the same picture of the single band but of the thinner one? Do you have any way to find a version of the thinner band that has less metal showing from the top? Do IDJ do something like that? Or something maybe slightly in-between those two rings?

I know I'm outnumbered here but personally I like the scale of the thinner band more as it looks like that is the thickness of your band just as it comes up around your finger. But I agree that it's a bit metal heavy compared to the diamonds.

What makes your heart sing? Whichever it is - that's the one to go for, no matter what anyone else thinks. :)

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AB20D160-6472-446F-BF41-F721783AACB2.jpeg I’m trying to choose half eternity bands for a 10-year upgrade. Current e-ring is a 0.67 OEC set in a custom double-bezel. The stone has been in my family since the 1920s and my husband custom-designed the setting, which I love, so that bit isn’t negotiable.

I’m trying to decide on bands to go with.

Top pic is IDJ .50 twc (each band). Is the scale off?

Bottom is from a local jeweler but I don’t love the way it’s set - I’m seeing too much metal for my taste.

Should I keep looking for a slightly smaller band that’s better proportioned? Am I overthinking this? Halp.

I love both size bands with your lovely heirloom. I like your ER with one band, not two.
Either look goes well; it’s going to be your preference of diamond size. If you go the thinner band route, definitely look for bands with more delicate setting...perhaps a shared prong band, or single prong band?
Another option, to compliment your ER would be a bezel set band:

Examples from Pinterest:

DEA8CF72-9FE0-4188-A8C2-F96D558547D3.png 0D4246AE-1538-451B-A193-ACDD5CB39C4C.png

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The bezel set band would look perfect!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the first set but the bezel band might look cool!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the single IDJ band..I love to stack so you can also add another different band later..maybe a non diamond bubble ring.

justpeachy

Shiny_Rock
I love it with both 1 and 2 IDJ bands. Might as well get 2 so you can switch it up when you feel like it! ;)2 Not a big fan of the bands from the local jeweler. I really like that bezel setting, good job hubby!

Here's a couple pics of bezel rings with bezel bands to help you visualize them as a set:
Image-14.jpg photo4.JPG

The bezel band is great if you want a very matchy-match look. But personally, I think I prefer the look of a single IDJ band. It complements your e-ring, yet still holds its own. OP, maybe try on a few more bands in that style but in different carat weights to see which width looks best to you? I remember when I was looking at bands, it took me a while to decide on a 2.25-2.3mm band. I ended up having to go custom cuz I was so picky about the width the height, and the prong style. Hopefully you won't have to go that route!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results