shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding Band Diamond Size Question

moosemom

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone. I considering a solitaire setting for my 1.66 L colored AVC. If I do end up with the solitaire I would like to add a wedding band (probably half or three-quarter eternity). I don't have any experience with diamond bands - does anyone know or can anyone suggest what size diamonds I should be looking at for a band so that it will not be to big or over-shadow my engagement ring? I would love to consider maybe a band made with the AVC melee that GOG is working on having cut. I think the smallest size they are cutting might be .08 - do you think that would be too big for a band for a 1.66 carat diamond?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think 8 pointers would be a great size for a 1.66 but if you look at my avatar you can see that I put 16 pointers with a 1.08
pear so???

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
In my opinion, yes. But I like smaller stones in the band so as to not take away from the ering. I also wouldn't get a band wider than your shank. Even or slightly smaller.

moosemom

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for your opinions tyty333 and ame. Maybe I should look deeper to try to find some posts with different sized wedding bands next to solitaires.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results