shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding Band choices

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Hello there,

I appreciate all the replies I got in a previous thread regarding tungsten rings. I''m trying to narrow my choices down, and have found quite a few bands that I like. Maybe somebody on here can help me decide?

First of all, this woven band (http://www.titaniumera.com/catalog/detail?cid=700&pid=1280), looks amazing to me. A couple problems with it though. It is significantly more expensive than other wedding bands I''ve been looking at (probably because it contains gold & platinum), and I''m worried those woven pieces of gold and platinum will get damaged because it looks like they stick out. Also, is it too tacky for a wedding band? I''ll be wearing the band pretty much the rest of my life, I''d had for it to be *too* tacky. Any opinions?

Also, the same band mentioned above is available in titanium, and is $200 cheaper. I was aiming for tungsten, but I wonder if getting the titanium band and keeping the $200 is worth it.

Here''s another design I really like:
http://www.joyjewelers.com/modules/catalog/customizer/step1.php?products_id=7379

It has a sterling silver inlay, is tungsten, and I like the two grooves. Will sterling silver look bad over time? I heard the sterling silver will probably start looking not-so-good after a while. They have the same ring in 18K gold, and I like that look too - but it''s the same price as the platinum & gold woven infinity I mentioned above ($449)!

As a side note, apparently many of these websites get their rings from one company, QG. My jeweler also is able to order directly from QG, but my jeweler can get the rings for almost $15-$20 CHEAPER than these online sites which advertise 68% price reductions and such. Interesting - the sites definitely mislead you.

I still like Boone rings hardwood inlays, but I don''t think the care needed (no water) for them will suite me. I love the black zirconium series with a single inlay, but I''m unsure of how sturdy black zirconium is compared to tungsten (does it scratch?), and whether I will look goth or unorthodox wearing a black ring...

Sorry for the rambling. First time searching for a ring, and I just want to get one I really like considering it will be with me, hopefully, for the rest of my life :). Maybe I can get some opinions?

Let me make an addition to this.

My fiancee thinks I''m too worried about the actual material, and I think she''s right. I found this ring which I think trumps the two I mentioned above (the inlays aren''t sticking out):

http://www.titaniumera.com/catalog/detail?cid=663&pid=73

I''m questioning the $225 price - for platinum & gold?! Is that suspect? Is it worth a $75 upgrade to harder titanium?

Thanks!

Well, never mind. I went ahead and purchased the ring because I *really* like how it looks, an supposedly the sale is supposed to end Feb. 11th.

I''m a tad bit worried about the size. I know I should have been 100% sure before I purchased it, but wanted to purchase it before the sale ended.

I went to the jeweler to get sized the other day - he had something like 6mm width sizing rings, and the 9 fit but he said it was too tight. So I put on a 9.5, and it felt a tad bit loose (but the jeweler said during the summer my fingers will swell some, so it’s good to have some room). However, I went to Walmart right before I purchased the ring, and used their really thin ring sizers, and the 9.5 seemed way too loose, so they told me the 9 would be most appropriate.

I decided to order a 9.25 ring size - so hopefully it will turn out well :). The website says, if the need to, they can stretch the ring 1/4 size (so that would mean a 9 or a 9.5).

I''ll let everyone know how it turns out. I''m so excited I want to go ahead and start wearing it, even though the wedding is several months away ;-).

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2008 3:24:40 PM
Author: dontactlikeyoudontknowthename

I decided to order a 9.25 ring size - so hopefully it will turn out well :). The website says, if the need to, they can stretch the ring 1/4 size (so that would mean a 9 or a 9.5).

I''ll let everyone know how it turns out. I''m so excited I want to go ahead and start wearing it, even though the wedding is several months away ;-).
Sounds like you went with a good "guestimate". However, I would wait until you''ve gone through the hottest months in your area, to make sure.
28.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results