shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding band carat weight to solitaire weight? Help please!

doubtful

Rough_Rock
Hello! I'm new to pricescope. I have a 3/4 Leo princess; cut/pol: very good, H, SI2, .70, and I am looking for different wedding band options. First of all, how much carat weight? I'd like to maximize the size of my solitaire, and I figured I could do so by getting a plain band, or one with a very small carat weight (1/7-1/4) but I'd like to get some opinions. I found a band I really like that has 1/2 carat, but feel it is slightly overwhelming. I do like the "bulky" feel but I feel it takes away from the solitaire. Also, I'm looking for ways to make my diamond pop! It just doesn't stand out enough on my size 6 finger. (maybe it's me!) what do you think of the plain solitaire vs the enhancer solitaire? thanks in advance!

None of these (excluding my e-ring) are the right size.

**edited by moderator. please upload photos to our forum directly per our policies**

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re: Wedding band carat weight to solitaire weight? Help plea

Your links will not work as image hosting is not allowed. You will have to post the links or upload the pics.

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock

Hi and welcome on PS! :wavey:
Sorry ,but I wasn't able to open your links.

A plain band is always a good option: look at Londongirl1 wedding set
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/solitaires-and-plain-wedding-bands.116226/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/solitaires-and-plain-wedding-bands.116226/[/URL]

But also this one is very very nice: a touch of bling...
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/our-wedding-bands-are-here.68320/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/our-wedding-bands-are-here.68320/[/URL]

doubtful

Rough_Rock

Should be good to go now. :) Laptop is MIA, had to do everything via iPhone. Not fun lol.

doubtful

Rough_Rock

Thank you for your reply! Honestly, I prefer the traditional plain band with no diamonds and solitaire, but I kinda feel like 3/4 solitaire is too small to get away with it? Doesn't feel like it has the "wow" factor... Ugh... This is hard lol. It's pretty much the plain band VS the 1/2 carat.
Just need opinions on them all, especially enhancer.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium

The links worked for me. I like the two bands "stack" or the plain band....

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I liked the 1/7ct weight band and then the plain one. Pretty ring.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I like bands with small diamonds in general. I think when the wedding band stones are too large, it takes away from the solitaire. So of those, I'd go with the 1/7 band, or a similar one with that size stones. I do love diamonds in a wedding band!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock

I like either the plain band or the 1/7 ct diamond band. I feel like the other choices overwhelm the center stone.

slg47

Ideal_Rock

I like the plain band the best, but also like the 1/7 ct band.

LittleRiver

Shiny_Rock

doubtful said:
Honestly, I prefer the traditional plain band with no diamonds and solitaire, but I kinda feel like 3/4 solitaire is too small to get away with it? Doesn't feel like it has the "wow" factor...

This combo is my fave also (plain band with solitaire). I disagree that your solitaire is too small -- I think it has lovely presence on your hand!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

If you want your center stone to pop then I like the plain band...if you want to add a little more bling I actually liked the way the
wrap looked but I would probably do it with 2 separate bands rather than a wrap.

kindred

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I like it best with the 1/7 ct. band.

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock

I like the 1.7 band best out of the option. I have a half carat square radiant that I wear with the bezel band in my avatar 4 eternity) and it doesn't overpower the solitaire. in fact, my husband says it makes the larger diamond "pop" even more, i think maybe because the eye compares the sizes of the sparkles.

Edited to add: this is my thread on the ring with photos. [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/whiteflash-glamour-shots-of-my-birthday-present.159302/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/whiteflash-glamour-shots-of-my-birthday-present.159302/[/URL]

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I prefer the wrap with the band on either side! Gives a lot of presence and sparkle!

Mrsacornblue

Shiny_Rock

My favorites, in order, are the wrap, the 1/2 c band and the plain. I'm actually not a fan of the 1/7 band...I don't care for the way the diamonds stop short over your finger. It would look prettier if they spread over your finger.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results