shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding band advise

KA

Shiny_Rock
Hello All,

Thanks for all your help choosing the diamond. I finally have a diamond, and the ring is being made by Tacori, yay. While I am impatiently waiting for the ring to arrive, I need something else to obsess about, so I've started thinking about wedding bands. Just for reference, the engagement ring is Tacori style 462RD6

http://www.tacori.com/Engagement-Rings/462RD6

I don't really want something that matches. I never really wear any rings, so I don't think I plan to wear them on the same finger generally (though I would like them to look nice together if I do so sometimes). My plan is to generally just wear the wedding band, and occasionally wear the engagement ring on the right hand, and even more occasionally to wear them on the same finger.

Since I will mostly wear just the wedding band, I would like it to be interesting. Currently, I am thinking something with engraving and/or filigree. I really like the look of filigree. Some small diamonds in addition would also be nice for some sparkle. I think I would like something relatively thin (3-4 mm, even thinner would be nicer, but it seems difficult to get filigree or engraving on thinner bands) and delicate looking. I liked some of the stuff by Ritani and Martin Flyer, but those are really expensive.

Here are some of the things that I have looked at and sort of liked, but none are perfect.

http://www.robbinsbrothers.com/Wedding-Rings/Diamond-Wedding-Ring/Simon-G--Jewelry-i16962.ring -- This has the right idea, but is too high and "chunky", not delicate enough.

http://cgi.ebay.com/PLATINUM-ART-VI...s_Gemstones&hash=item2312fd24be#ht_6406wt_956 - really cool idea, but not as pretty as could be, I think.

http://www.antiquejewelrymall.com/r458.html - Again, I feel like it is chunky.

http://www.antiquereflections.com/detail.asp?id=4571 - I really like how thin these are. But they are advertised as guard bands, not wedding bands. Does that mean they are too thin?

I like a bunch of stuff on Topazery. This one was sold, and looks amazing.

http://www.topazery.com/antique-jewelry-item-rg3117.htm

I also have no idea how to judge a fair price. That seems really difficult to do from pictures. There aren't too many stores that will have unusual stuff where I live, so I probably have to buy online. I am all over the place right now, so any and all suggestions are welcome. Hopefully they will help me focus.

My parents live in India, and my mother offered to have something made there if I can come up with a design. It would probably be cheaper to have something made there, but I am really bad at designing stuff. So if someone wants to help me design something cool, that could be fun too.

KA

Shiny_Rock
I'm glad you liked the setting. I didn't want to spend that much on a setting, but that was the only one we consistently liked, and we never could like any other after seeing that one. I plan to wear it every day until I get married, and if I get used to wearing rings, perhaps continue to wear it after. I don't know yet.

Thanks for the suggestions. I really like them, but I would like some sort of filigree type things or at least some interesting engraving in the band if I can get them. If I can't find any filigreed or engraved rings I really like, I might go with your suggestions, since they are really pretty and sort of match the engagement ring, and have a delicate look to them.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
KA|1312601934|2985248 said:
I'm glad you liked the setting. I didn't want to spend that much on a setting, but that was the only one we consistently liked, and we never could like any other after seeing that one. I plan to wear it every day until I get married, and if I get used to wearing rings, perhaps continue to wear it after. I don't know yet.

Thanks for the suggestions. I really like them, but I would like some sort of filigree type things or at least some interesting engraving in the band if I can get them. If I can't find any filigreed or engraved rings I really like, I might go with your suggestions, since they are really pretty and sort of match the engagement ring, and have a delicate look to them.

Don't blame you- don't know how anyone can settle on another setting after seeing that one. My best friend hates jewelry and swore she wouldn't werar her ERing once she was married- but over this year she's become ver attached to it!

I tried to find some thin rings with filigree but it's hard!! Lol I'll keepbsearchong when I'm back on my computer- not sure how to copy and paste on the iPhone lol :twirl:

KA

Shiny_Rock
Those are amazing. I really like those. I was thinking a little thinner than those, but these look delicate even though they are wide. I wish I could try them on. Thanks for those suggestions. Please keep them coming :)

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
what mm width do you prefer?

KA

Shiny_Rock
The last few you recommended seem great too. I am not entirely sure about the width. If I wear it with the engagement ring, the skinny ones would probably look better. But by themselves, slightly wide may be better, otherwise you won't be able to see them. I am hoping to go try some on when the engagement ring gets here to see what works best. I wanted to get some ideas here so I know what I should look for when I start trying stuff on.

The ones from pearlman jewelers that you are recommending seem really great. But some are really expensive. I was hoping to spend less than a 1000-1200 dollars on the band if at all possible. I think we can spend more, but it seems a little extravagant to me, since I don't usually spend serious money on jewelry.

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
I agree .. I think it's a good idea to wait until your engagemnet ring comes and try some one...looking with and without it. It may be hard to find a band with the filigree that is truly thin. The ornate nature of the designs tend to lend themselves to having wider bands. The ones from Pearlmans are all designer rings, so once you hone in on a style you may be able to shop around for less expensive options.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results