shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding band 5 or 10 pointers?

gem_anemone

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Jun 21, 2011
Messages
682
I have a 3/4 carat square hearts and arrows ering. I was at the jewelry store and tried on a 7 stone bar set half eternity with 5 point round diamonds. I liked the proportion of the 5 pointers with my ring. I guess I should have tried on 10 pointers when I was there because now I'm considering a 5 stone with 10 pointers since I could get it for the same price. Does anyone know if the bigger size rounds on my wedding band would overwhelm my ering? My ering stone is stunning and I really don't want my wedding band to overtake it. Any pics would help. I've been searching SMTB and didn't find what I was looking for. Thanks in advance.
 

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Mar 7, 2011
Messages
5,028
My opinion would be that the .10 pointers would be to much and would distract from your ering, but its a matter of preference I suppose. Can you try your ring on with the larger band and see how it would look?
 

gem_anemone

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Jun 21, 2011
Messages
682
It could be cause for concern if I'm not the only one who is I was afraid of that! I think my best bet is going to be to try on a band with 10 pointers before making any rash purchases. I should be happy with any excuse to go try on rings. :Up_to_something:

Thanks for your input!
 

slg47

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Apr 4, 2010
Messages
9,667
yeah, I think the best thing to do is try on different rings and see what you like the look of...although if you liked the proportion of the 5 pointers the 10 pointers might be a little much?
 

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jul 7, 2004
Messages
10,794
gem_anemone|1317998412|3035304 said:
I have a 3/4 carat square hearts and arrows ering. I was at the jewelry store and tried on a 7 stone bar set half eternity with 5 point round diamonds. I liked the proportion of the 5 pointers with my ring. I guess I should have tried on 10 pointers when I was there because now I'm considering a 5 stone with 10 pointers since I could get it for the same price. Does anyone know if the bigger size rounds on my wedding band would overwhelm my ering? My ering stone is stunning and I really don't want my wedding band to overtake it. Any pics would help. I've been searching SMTB and didn't find what I was looking for. Thanks in advance.
I had a .86 before my ring was stolen and now have a 1.15. Get the smaller ones, hell go smaller even. I had 4 pt stones in my stolen band, and they were great with the .86. But I got 5 pointers in my replacement and next to my 1.15 they were too big and took a lot away. I now have 1.5pt stones!!! Love the size.
 

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Mar 7, 2011
Messages
5,028
ame|1318005882|3035387 said:
gem_anemone|1317998412|3035304 said:
I have a 3/4 carat square hearts and arrows ering. I was at the jewelry store and tried on a 7 stone bar set half eternity with 5 point round diamonds. I liked the proportion of the 5 pointers with my ring. I guess I should have tried on 10 pointers when I was there because now I'm considering a 5 stone with 10 pointers since I could get it for the same price. Does anyone know if the bigger size rounds on my wedding band would overwhelm my ering? My ering stone is stunning and I really don't want my wedding band to overtake it. Any pics would help. I've been searching SMTB and didn't find what I was looking for. Thanks in advance.
I had a .86 before my ring was stolen and now have a 1.15. Get the smaller ones, hell go smaller even. I had 4 pt stones in my stolen band, and they were great with the .86. But I got 5 pointers in my replacement and next to my 1.15 they were too big and took a lot away. I now have 1.5pt stones!!! Love the size.


Your new set looks incredible too Ame! :love:

I have a 1ct center with 16 .02's in the band and the plan is to stack two eternity bands, w/ with either 1.5 or 2,s (maybe one of each?). I love the way the melee makes the center stone really POP! I've seen some really incredible wedders with larger stones, but they are usually worn with very large center stone solitares or 3 stones. But I've tried bands on that I thought that I would hate with my ring and was surprised that it actually worked. So yeah, I'd try on a few different sizes, maybe take pictures so that you can take a look again at home later. I almost never buy a piece of jewelry when I first try it on. It's too easy to get excited and then go home and second guess your purchase. Take your time, try on lots of different rings, even some you hadn't considered before. When it's the one you'll know it. :)) You could post some pics here too again if you still want a second opinion....we love to look at different pieces together! ;))
 

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Dec 12, 2006
Messages
4,137
I have a 1.01 princess (faces up smaller) and my 5 stone is .15 each and it overwhelms my princess, so if you dont want you stone overwhelmed then go smaller...in my case I wanted my E-ring overwhelmed as its not the best stone, together they are a nice sparkly blur and that is what I wanted :wink2:
 

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Oct 19, 2006
Messages
1,394
I think 10 pointers would be too much. I have a 1.73 center stone with 10 pointers, and I wouldn't go any bigger with mine. I think your center stone would get lost!
 

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jul 7, 2004
Messages
10,794
Christina...|1318006874|3035395 said:
ame|1318005882|3035387 said:
gem_anemone|1317998412|3035304 said:
I have a 3/4 carat square hearts and arrows ering. I was at the jewelry store and tried on a 7 stone bar set half eternity with 5 point round diamonds. I liked the proportion of the 5 pointers with my ring. I guess I should have tried on 10 pointers when I was there because now I'm considering a 5 stone with 10 pointers since I could get it for the same price. Does anyone know if the bigger size rounds on my wedding band would overwhelm my ering? My ering stone is stunning and I really don't want my wedding band to overtake it. Any pics would help. I've been searching SMTB and didn't find what I was looking for. Thanks in advance.
I had a .86 before my ring was stolen and now have a 1.15. Get the smaller ones, hell go smaller even. I had 4 pt stones in my stolen band, and they were great with the .86. But I got 5 pointers in my replacement and next to my 1.15 they were too big and took a lot away. I now have 1.5pt stones!!! Love the size.


Your new set looks incredible too Ame! :love:

I have a 1ct center with 16 .02's in the band and the plan is to stack two eternity bands, w/ with either 1.5 or 2,s (maybe one of each?). I love the way the melee makes the center stone really POP! I've seen some really incredible wedders with larger stones, but they are usually worn with very large center stone solitares or 3 stones. But I've tried bands on that I thought that I would hate with my ring and was surprised that it actually worked. So yeah, I'd try on a few different sizes, maybe take pictures so that you can take a look again at home later. I almost never buy a piece of jewelry when I first try it on. It's too easy to get excited and then go home and second guess your purchase. Take your time, try on lots of different rings, even some you hadn't considered before. When it's the one you'll know it. :)) You could post some pics here too again if you still want a second opinion....we love to look at different pieces together! ;))
Thank you!!!!
 

Head-in-the-clouds

Rough_Rock
Joined
Jun 29, 2010
Messages
21
I agree, 10 pointer might take away from your e-ring. I have a 2ct RB and I was looking at 10pt eternity bands, I ended up going for 6pt as the 10pt seemed to steal the show a bit too much for me.

Good luck in your search and I hope you find the perfect size. Make sure you show us some pics when you get it :D
 

gem_anemone

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Jun 21, 2011
Messages
682
Seems like most of us agree that smaller diamonds would look better with my main stone. This ebay auction offers a full eternity with 2 pointers and it is in my price range.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130585774117&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en

Anyone ever buy from ebay? This seller offers a full refund if not satisfied. Which at SI2 and H color I'm not sure if it would look that great with my E/SI1 (eyeclean!) :lol:

This one is similar, with better color and clarity, but way out of my price range.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/18K-WHITE-GOLD-DIAMOND-ETERNITY-WEDDING-BAND-RING-/400185950924?pt=US_Wedding_Bands_with_Diamonds_Gemstones&hash=item5d2cf102cc
 

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jul 7, 2004
Messages
10,794
I personally would not ever buy jewelry from ebay unless it's a PS vendor's outlet on there.
 
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    A Diva Got Her Diamond: Kristen Chenoweth is Engaged!
    A Diva Got Her Diamond: Kristen Chenoweth is Engaged! - 12/03
    December Birthstones 2021 - Zircon, Turquoise, and Tanzanite
    December Birthstones 2021 - Zircon, Turquoise, and Tanzanite - 12/01
    "Not so Fast!" says Mother Nature
    "Not so Fast!" says Mother Nature - 11/29
Top