carat
color
clarity

Website lets you donate to worthy causes every time Trump Tweets

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And I freaking love it.

Called Donald Donates, it allows you to fully customize how much $ (in cents) you'd like to donate to various causes every time SCROTUS uses his tiny hands to write offensive tweets.

There are a bunch of different recipients that you could choose to donate to, found here: https://donalddonates.com/#/recipients

Also, it will approximate how much $ you are likely to give per month (based on DT's tweeting habits) and lets you set a monthly "cap" just in case he goes tweet-crazy--you won't suddenly loose $200 out of nowhere.

And you can donate in "response" to especially offensive tweets. And see how much has been "raised" in response to a particular tweet. I'm having a grand time with this.

Screen Shot 2017-04-28 at 7.27.07 PM.png

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OH MY GOD :lol: :appl: :dance:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is amazing. Very worthy organizations listed! Suddenly I'm feeling VERY generous.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is amazing. Very worthy organizations listed! Suddenly I'm feeling VERY generous.
LOL, right??? If anything good will come of this dumpster fire of a Presidency, it's that DH and I are being more generous with our donations. We now donate to planned parenthood, the ACLU, to the Electronic Frontier Foundation (defenders of net neutrality, which is dear to DH), and our local national public radio.

But now there are so many more options open, all with one click! wohoooo!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank god there is a feature to cap this or else people could be bankrupted by Cheeto von Tweeto"s small fingered and even smaller minded twitting!

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow. You donate to them and then count on them giving over the money to these organizations. Do they keep any of it for their time or expenses to run it or does it all go? Are they even legit?

Want to donate to my bridge?

How about just donating directly to these organizations?

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow. You donate to them and then count on them giving over the money to these organizations. Do they keep any of it for their time or expenses to run it or does it all go? Are they even legit?
Per the web site: The founders are hoping people will make voluntary, nondeductible contributions to cover administrative-overhead expenses; the independently-owned company that's processing the payments charges a 3.5% + 20 cents' service fee, which it deducts from the donations before transmittal to the recipients.

As for "You donate to them and then count on them giving over the money[?]," I'd say that, given Donald Trump's less than awesome track record on spontaneously delivering on his charitable pledges -- e.g.,
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...soldiers-he-didnt-somebody-else-paid-for-him/
-- the odds of the recipient(s) one designates on DonaldDonates. com getting the donation(s) are at least as high as him making good on his charitable "commitments" through the years past.

You didn't express similar skepticism when you touted this:
Last month, before he was sworn in, Trump announced that he would donate to the U.S. Treasury profits from foreign government spending at his hotels.
Just sayin' ; - )

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
Love this! I guess it's true that there is always a silver lining.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whatever gets lefties to donate to charity is ok in my book. Too bad it took DT to make them do it.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/21/opinion/21kristof.html

How did you infer from that op piece from 2008 that it took Donald Trump to make liberals give to charity? Maybe read the whole thing, and try to understand it first. Saying conservatives give more than liberals is not the same as implying that liberals are not philanthropic nor charitable nor giving nor generous. Yuck.

344D8F0C-C95B-4C69-90D8-2496EB3AF695-902-0000017C1A8836E0.gif

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the whole idea is ridiculous. Therefore my smart a$$ comment. The lunacy of what people are saying and doing because DT is president just boggles my mind.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The lunacy of him being elected President boggles my mind, as does his clueless, abominable, and moronic behavior. We have a leader in place setting a certain example; what exactly did you expect from people who are reacting to his bullshit? Comprehension and compassion, a pat on the head, and praise of their fearless and stupid leader? Maybe you'd be better served watching Minions instead of watching your fellow Americans express their disgust over this buffoon.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry some of us just don't fall in line when we're told we're to have absolute respect for an authority figure. Eff that.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The lunacy of him being elected President boggles my mind, as does his clueless, abominable, and moronic behavior. We have a leader in place setting a certain example; what exactly did you expect from people who are reacting to his bullshit? Comprehension and compassion, a pat on the head, and praise of their fearless and stupid leader? Maybe you'd be better served watching Minions instead of watching your fellow Americans express their disgust over this buffoon.

Guess we will both continue to be boggled. But I won't be losing my mind over it. :wavey:

That is a friendly wave BTW.

Peace.

Edit - I am able to express my opinion as well even if it does not toe the line of PS.

Edit again What is Minions?

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Per the web site: The founders are hoping people will make voluntary, nondeductible contributions to cover administrative-overhead expenses; the independently-owned company that's processing the payments charges a 3.5% + 20 cents' service fee, which it deducts from the donations before transmittal to the recipients.

As for "You donate to them and then count on them giving over the money[?]," I'd say that, given Donald Trump's less than awesome track record on spontaneously delivering on his charitable pledges -- e.g.,
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...soldiers-he-didnt-somebody-else-paid-for-him/
-- the odds of the recipient(s) one designates on DonaldDonates. com getting the donation(s) are at least as high as him making good on his charitable "commitments" through the years past.

You didn't express similar skepticism when you touted this:

Just sayin' ; - )

What does one thing have to do to the other. and people say I jump around and am hard to understand.

My point was these are all known organizations. Just pick one, two, three or more and donate directly to them.

And why would you blindly trust a website that suddenly pops up out of know where.

Your stick it to Donald Trump anyway you can just might make you a target of fraud.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Guess we will both continue to be boggled. But I won't be losing my mind over it. :wavey:

That is a friendly wave BTW.

Peace.

Edit - I am able to express my opinion as well even if it does not toe the line of PS.

Edit again What is Minions?

I have no problem with anyone expressing their opinion. I also don't like people insinuating that I am losing my mind, however lighthearted you intend for that to come across. Is being a concerned and upset citizen the same as losing one's mind? Back in the 50s I believe the menfolk used to call it "hysteria" and prescribe Valium to keep us from speaking up. Pardon me if I don't find your pooh-poohing of people "losing their minds" anything less than smug and self-satisfied.

Minions are animated films featuring overlords and their adoring minions. Steve Carrell starred in one.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What does one thing have to do to the other. and people say I jump around and am hard to understand.

My point was these are all known organizations. Just pick one, two, three or more and donate directly to them.

And why would you blindly trust a website that suddenly pops up out of know where.

Your stick it to Donald Trump anyway you can just might make you a target of fraud.

Dear god MUST you suck all the fun out of everything?

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have no problem with anyone expressing their opinion. I also don't like people insinuating that I am losing my mind, however lighthearted you intend for that to come across. Is being a concerned and upset citizen the same as losing one's mind? Back in the 50s I believe the menfolk used to call it "hysteria" and prescribe Valium to keep us from speaking up. Pardon me if I don't find your pooh-poohing of people "losing their minds" anything less than smug and self-satisfied.

Minions are animated films featuring overlords and their adoring minions. Steve Carrell starred in one.

Ah Minions. So your opinion is that I am adoring an overlord? Can I say that about the adoring fans of Obama also? I was not alive in the 1950's.

AS far as smug and self satisfying this site is loaded with it towards people who support the president.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL have you known me to be a historically adoring fan of Obama on PS? Doubtful! Idk ARE you adoring an overlord? DT seems pretty overlord-ish, and has a pretty adoring fan base.
I gotta go; time's a Wastin' and I can't sit around giggling over internet silliness all day. Have fun!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Red, You may not have been alive in the fifties but some of the things you type make it seem like you want women to be right back there.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Dear god MUST you suck all the fun out of everything?

I saw your response to Red who was only kidding. It did not sound like you were having much fun anyway.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Red, You may not have been alive in the fifties but some of the things you type make it seem like you want women to be right back there.

Callie please point to my specific posts that you think indicate this so we can discuss them.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love when women try to mansplain to other women.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results