shape
carat
color
clarity

Wearing two engagement rings, is it a trend?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Went to a birthday party today for a classmate of my son and struck up a conversation with one of the moms. I happened to notice she had two engagement rings on her finger, she seemed pretty open so I asked about them. She told me the first ring (closest to her hand) was her grandmother's who had recently passed, she didn't want to leave it in a jewelry box so she just decided to wear it with her set.

We chatted a bit longer about other things and finally I asked if I could take a picture to share with you guys. She was happy to oblige! All the rings are platinum but I don't know anymore than that. The picture isn't super great, I just wanted to get a quick shot.

So the question is, what do you think about this look? I personally think in her case it works but curious what you guys think?

IMG_1889.JPG

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I worked with a gal who wore rings in that fashion. Looked nice.

This gal rings/hands are lovely and she rocks it.

cheers--Sharon

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It depends on how much finger real estate one has. I couldn't do it.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Two husbands must be better than one.
Where do I sign up?

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks nice on her hand. I think she pulls it off. I don't like "rules" when it comes to jewelry. Wear what you love and enjoy on any hand you wish! (It got your attention didn't it?! Lol!)

Last edited:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think it's a wonderful gesture to wear the rings to remember and honor her late grandmother. It doesn't matter what finger they're on.

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
One of my aunts does this. She wears her mother's engagement ring on her ring finger. She stacks her wedding band and the the two engagement rings on top with the diamonds staggered. They are both 0.50 to 0.75 cts (Canada 20+ years ago) with thin white gold bands. It's a good look. I don't know if it's in style exactly, but why not?

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wouldn't wear them, but I have to admit, I really like it on her! It's even got me jiggling with the order of my own rings! :lol:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks good on her hand.

I'm feeling very deprived, I didn't have an engagement ring, let alone 2 :cry:

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
Interesting that the two are so similar in style.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would like it better if they were stacked next to each other. Not my look but why not?

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Two husbands must be better than one.
Where do I sign up?

All I see are two diamonds, not two husbands.

Love the idea of two, or more, diamonds!

Two husbands or men?
My preference is consecutively not concurrently.
However, people vary, right? :))

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A friend wears two solitaires; her engagement ring and her grandmother's ring.
When first seeing two solitaires, I thought it was unusual.
Hearing that it was her grandmother's ring, is sweet and I love what it represents.
When I see my friend, I love seeing the second ring, knowing that its a tangible link to her grandmother.

I haven't heard of anyone wearing their own two engagement rings but, if that's what they want to do, then why not!
My personal preference is a simple, classic look of a solitaire (and band) with no other solitaires or rings that compete for center stage. Just complementary rings that enhance the 'star of the show'.

As far as it being 'a trend' to wear two solitaires (or other styles), I don't think it is based on looks.
However, it might be 'a trend' for people to wear a second ring based on sentimental reasons.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A friend's friend wears two identical (ca1,35 ct each?) solitaires stacked slightly askew. It looks like a "toi et moi" and represents her two children. She bought the second one after the 2 nd child's birth and the look works really well.

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks good on her hand.

I'm feeling very deprived, I didn't have an engagement ring, let alone 2 :cry:

Would you like us to nudge you? As they say, 'There's no time like the present.' :))

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:lol: I shouldn't really complain as I've had some lovely things over the years, and something sparkly is coming my way very soon.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I did find it really interesting that the rings look so similar, her ring is contemporary but meant to look vintage.

I was glad I asked and that she was willing to share her story. It really does get your attention even a jewelry stalker like myself was totally caught off guard lol!

P

PierreBear

Haven't seen this look before so I can't say it's a trend where I live. Think it's a fun idea and a new way to wear your goods and share a story about your family. Love the sentimental aspect that it's her gma's ring!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results