shape
carat
color
clarity

Wearing diamond studs AND pendant?

Happytobemrsg

Shiny_Rock
Is it too matchy-matchy to wear diamond studs & a diamond pendant? I love both but wondered whether they need to be worn seperately.

FWIW the pendant would be 0.50-0.75ct & the studs quite small (maybe 0.60tcw).

If not too matchy, then is it too dressy for everyday?

I'd love to see pics of you wearing both together!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wear both my diamond pendant and studs which is half the size of one stud every day. I happen to like small diamond pendants regardless of the size studs I wear. I don’t think it’s too dressy at all!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Of course you must wear them together! That's the idea.
Classic, timeless, elegant.............

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear mine 24/7 & only remove them to clean. They are a part of me! On occasion I'll remove my pendant if I'm dressing up & want to wear another longer necklace or short choker etc, but apart from that, it stays on. Technically they are not a set (parents bought me the studs for my 25th bday, husband bought the pendant for my 31st bday, a mere 6 weeks after we met. They're balanced, look great & are treasures!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m in the 24/7 camp - rain or shine - jeans or black tie - I wear a tennis bracelet too, plus wedding rings. It’s my diamond uniform. Just classic in my mind.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely matchy-matchy... but in a classy, timeless way! ;-) I love the look, personally. Very refined.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No problem! I think most of us wear them together.

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
yep, you can wear them together. Now we need pics!

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve never thought twice about wearing them together. Not too matchy at all!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine are tiny, bezel set in platinum, earrings total .68pts, pendant .39pts, perfect for everyday wear, noticeable without being too dressy.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Austina Almost the same carat weight as mine (.60tcw studs & .40 solitaire pendant). Definitely having a great cut at smaller weights is important, but the size for me, never really taking them off, is perfect for my lifestyle. From running through the woods to a fancy lunch with friends, they just work at this size, don't they? :praise:

Nobody will be looking at yours anymore anyway, with that honker on your hand!!

Happytobemrsg

Shiny_Rock
Mine are tiny, bezel set in platinum, earrings total .68pts, pendant .39pts, perfect for everyday wear, noticeable without being too dressy.

@Austina Almost the same carat weight as mine (.60tcw studs & .40 solitaire pendant). Definitely having a great cut at smaller weights is important, but the size for me, never really taking them off, is perfect for my lifestyle. From running through the woods to a fancy lunch with friends, they just work at this size, don't they? :praise:

Nobody will be looking at yours anymore anyway, with that honker on your hand!!

I'm considering 0.60tcw studs - would you mind showing me pics of yours? Thanks so much

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I wear my studs daily and when I don't have on my egg I do wear a diamond pendant or locket. I think a set can look tidy and classic and varied center stone cuts can be fun and interesting. It is really whatever appeals to you.

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
24/7 for me too, unless I want to wear a longer necklace or dangling earrings for an outfit. In fact, I just came back from riding my mountain bike and I had them on even then! (Btw, that’s one of the reasons I went with LaPoisette backs... so the helmet wouldn’t accidentally pull them off when I removed it :lol:)

Here’s a photo I just took. Studs are .85ct each and pendant is .72ct

73C7123F-E795-43AB-AFAE-5FE5D258CD73.jpeg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I used to feel that way too. I got used to it though. 2.3 ctw studs and .59 diamond pendant.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wearing this right now. Studs are .65tcw and the pendant is .35ct. Sometimes I'll switch out the pendant with my 1.05ct . I never feel matchy, just coordinated.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, not too matchy or dressy for daily wear. I've been wearing my set everywhere these days!

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely fine for everyday wear.
If you don’t like the matchy matchy look, think about seething the earrings and pendant differently. My pendant is bezel set, my studs are claw set.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do not like to wear matching jewellery myself, prefer to mix and match.

I have no issue with wearing diamond earrings with a diamond pendant (I do not have a diamond necklace, and have only one pendant currently which is a paved heart about 25 X 25mm without the bale, and it is worn mainly for special occasions).

Yet I do not like to wear pearl earrings with a pearl.pendant or necklace, even if they are different colour or type. Hence I am having a pair of paved diamond drops made so that I would wear them with pearls around my neck.

I have worn a pearl ring on one hand and a pearl bracelet on the other, in different colour and/or type.

It is personal preferences, of course, matching anything just do not appeal to be as a look.

DK :))

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is it too matchy-matchy to wear diamond studs & a diamond pendant? I love both but wondered whether they need to be worn seperately.

FWIW the pendant would be 0.50-0.75ct & the studs quite small (maybe 0.60tcw).

If not too matchy, then is it too dressy for everyday?

I'd love to see pics of you wearing both together!
Never.

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
1.5ctw studs and a 1.5ct diamond pendent every day. I think it’s a classic look :kiss2:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @Happytobemrsg ! They are in a 4 prong platinum basket setting, as is the pendant, which is Tiffany. The studs were originally in an 18ct yellow gold 6 prong setting, but I had them re-set to match my new pendant, many moons ago.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results