shape
carat
color
clarity

We went shopping!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lehcarm

Shiny_Rock
It has been a busy few days. We went to Jared on Thursday night. I tried on tons of settings, and decided the look I liked best was a simple solitaire with a thin diamond wedding band. The engagement ring might look a little plain by itself, but with the diamond wedding band, it really pops. The woman that worked with us was really nice, she didn''t try to give us the hard sell like we were expecting. On Friday we went to a local jeweler and tried on some more settings. They were OK, but a little too expensive for out budget. We also went to Shane Company. I tried on a simple solitaire along with the thinnest wedding band I have ever seen. I don''t remember the exact specs of the band, but I think it had .1 ctw. It was so delicate. We decided to put that on layaway, since we can always return it if we find something better elsewhere.

Now the most exciting part. My boyfriend decided to order the diamond I have had my eye on. It is a 0.61 carat, G, SI1. I can''t wait to see it. Once it comes in (hopefully on Wednesday) we are going to go back to Jareds and Shane and see how it looks with the combination we have picked out at each store. I''m so excited! I just had to share.

shawee

Rough_Rock
Ohhh, I am so excited for you! Simple solitaire is a classic look. That's what I have... here's my post with a couple of pics (the other two pics in the middle of the page was taken using a phone so it's not a quality pic). I just love my ring!

my E-ring

lehcarm

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/15/2007 12:17:57 PM
Author: shawee
Ohhh, I am so excited for you! Simple solitaire is a classic look. That''s what I have... here''s my post with a couple of pics (the other two pics in the middle of the page was taken using a phone so it''s not a quality pic). I just love my ring!

my E-ring

Shawee, your ring is so pretty! Do you know what style of wedding band you are going to get?

shawee

Rough_Rock
Date: 1/15/2007 12:23:10 PM
Author: lehcarm
Date: 1/15/2007 12:17:57 PM

Author: shawee

Ohhh, I am so excited for you! Simple solitaire is a classic look. That''s what I have... here''s my post with a couple of pics (the other two pics in the middle of the page was taken using a phone so it''s not a quality pic). I just love my ring!

my E-ring

Shawee, your ring is so pretty! Do you know what style of wedding band you are going to get?

Thanks! I really like it... I can''t stop taking pics of it. LoL. Anyway, I don''t know yet because we don''t have a set date for the wedding. We agreed on no pressure date... right now, I am thinking of like an eternity band... something thin. Oh, now you got me into thinking. HAHAHAHA. Let me know what you decide on... maybe I can get some ideas from you.
41.gif

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
congrats lehcarm! shopping is so exciting because its a major step in the right direction. I''m glad that you and your BF were able to come to an agreement. thats what its all about...

partyjewels

Shiny_Rock
oooh! How exciting :) Can''t wait to hear what you decide on, and see some pics!!!!!

lehcarm

Shiny_Rock
Here is the diamond we are looking at:

My Diamond

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Great diamond! I have to admit that I had been eyeing that one myself...
36.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Yay!!! How exciting!

lehcarm

Shiny_Rock
The money has been sent, and the diamond should be on a FedEx truck somewhere. I can''t wait until tomorrow to see it! I''m so excited!

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, just saw your other thread...

Liquiddazi

Shiny_Rock
Leh:

What made you and your boyfriend by the diamond online verses in the store, especially if you are looking at buying the ring through Jared?

I was just wondering.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results