shape
carat
color
clarity

We Just Made an Offer on our First Home!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
AHHHHH!!!!

DH and I just put in an offer and I feel so anxious!!!!

We have been looking for about 2 months I''d say - but only seriously considering places in the past month (January). We originally were looking at condos and lofts but then on a whim we went to a few open houses and all of a sudden it was a house or nothing for DH! He wanted a backyard and a basement - who was I to argue :)

Anyways we found a great place and put an offer in!!! So cross your fingers for us!!!

32.gif
32.gif
It is so nervewracking!!

We''ll know *something* by 11 p.m. tonight as our offer was only valid until then. So we''ll see ;-)

Anyways - thanks for listening!

Efe

Brilliant_Rock
How exciting, good luck!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
***Good Luck Dust***

Your first home - now that is a big step; you must be excited.

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Bizou and Steel! It is a big step eh? We keep wondering if we are crazy to be buying right now but I think we''ll be okay.

We had seen another place we really liked, but didn''t love the neighbourhood and I was trying to convince myself we could live with it.

This one was perfect though!!

I''m a logical person though - I''m willing to walk away if we can''t get it for a price we are comfortable with. There are other houses out there and with the spring coming and the market the way it is, this certainly won''t be the last house we like :)

I''ll still be disappointed but I''m trying to be rational. That isn''t easy for me haha.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2009 3:46:43 PM
Author: october2008bride
Thanks Bizou and Steel! It is a big step eh? We keep wondering if we are crazy to be buying right now but I think we''ll be okay.

We had seen another place we really liked, but didn''t love the neighbourhood and I was trying to convince myself we could live with it.

This one was perfect though!!

I''m a logical person though - I''m willing to walk away if we can''t get it for a price we are comfortable with. There are other houses out there and with the spring coming and the market the way it is, this certainly won''t be the last house we like :)

I''ll still be disappointed but I''m trying to be rational. That isn''t easy for me haha.
It sounds like you have the correct mind-set for house buying. They should know that they want/need to sell more than you want to buy.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Good luck!!!
36.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats and good luck! Sometimes I still drive by our first house and it always makes me a little sad. It will always be special.

April20

Ideal_Rock
How exciting for you!

It''s a great time to get a good deal on a house, though I can certainly understand why it''s scary given today''s economy.

I hope it works out for you and you get exactly what you want (house and price).

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good luck!!!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
What an adventure you are about to embark on! FI and I were in your position almost exactly a year ago.

I am not trying to be a downer, but I must say that buying a house was the most stressful thing I''ve ever done in my life. FI and I never fought before then. But we made it through and our relationship is stronger because of it. I am so grateful for it. We love our home!

I''ll keep my fingers crossed that your offer is accepted! It sounds like you are in the right mind-set to handle this stuff.

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you Burk, Tacori, April, HH and Claritek! I''m so nervous about it because it is our first! Whether it is this one or another, I am really excited to be a home owner with DH. I was dead set on waiting until we were married to buy and so far I think that this will be the onlly real change since getting married. Because we lived together for 3.5 years prior to marriage, I didn''t feel much different after the wedding so this is our first big change!!

I have a few pics...want to see?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
of course we want to see!!!

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock

haha okay. I don''t know if it is bad luck but here goes :)

(PS Tacori - your little girl is ADORABLE in your profile pic)

Here is the front of it:

octoberfront.jpg

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Here is the main floor:

mainflooroctober.jpg

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Here is the kitchen - my favourite part!

It has a 5 burner gas stove with convection oven - I didn''t know those existed!!!

kitchenoctober.jpg

April20

Ideal_Rock
It''s fantastic!!!!!! I''m even more excited for you now!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow! That is some first home! I LOVE it. Hope you get it. Thanks for your sweet compliment!
2.gif

Aloros

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, it is LOVELY! I''m going to have to show FI this for an example of a really nice backsplash
5.gif

Good luck on getting it!

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Here is the other side of the kitchen (kind of) where the fridge and more cabinets are.

kitchen2october.jpg

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
And here is the master bedroom.

masteroctober.jpg

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
And here is the fireplace. (gas)

Livingroomoctober.jpg

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, what a beautiful interior! And the outside is pretty adorable, especially with the snow. Good luck! Now I''m jealous- my DH and I have been looking for almost a year and we can''t find anything we like. Your interior is exactly what we are looking for, but apparently difficult to find where we are.

Where do you live, may I ask? Nowhere near me, that''s for sure, we don''t get much snow, if any. Understand if you don''t want to say.

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone for the nice comments so far - it is clearly staged for selling and was recently renovated but DH and I aren''t really in a position to renovate ourselves so this is perfect.

Haven''t heard anything yet but don''t expect to until late this evening. Yikes!

I also lOVE the backsplash - it is like a brick wall!!

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Oh my!! Your potential house is absolutely beautiful! I especially love the stone back splash in the kitchen and the bay window in the master bedroom. I hope you two are successful. Keeping my fingers crossed...

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Yay! Very exciting times. My fingers are crossed for you guys.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Wow. That is certainly not a do-er-upper!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
How exciting! It''s gorgeous! Good luck!

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/6/2009 5:00:09 PM
Author: october2008bride
Thanks everyone for the nice comments so far - it is clearly staged for selling and was recently renovated but DH and I aren''t really in a position to renovate ourselves so this is perfect.

Haven''t heard anything yet but don''t expect to until late this evening. Yikes!

I also lOVE the backsplash - it is like a brick wall!!
That''s funny...when I saw the pics my first two thoughts were: 1) gorgeous backsplash in the kitchen, and 2) it was staged really, really well!!!

Congrats on making the offer! I''m sending lots of ***dust**** your way!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, that is a really beautiful home! Best of luck to you!

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
That is a goreous first home!! I hope they accept your offer!! It seems perfect!

**Dust**

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results