shape
carat
color
clarity

We have the ring, now I wait.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lehcarm

Shiny_Rock
Last night we went and picked up the ring. It is SO pretty! Just perfect. Now I have to wait for the proposal. Here''s a link to the diamond that we got from Niceice.com. It sparkles like crazy. https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-stone-came.56518/

I feel so silly because I looked at it like 10 times last night, and again this morning before we went to work. He told me where he hid it, so I can go look at it. It is going to be really hard to be patient now, since I know it is here!

How do you all manage to stay sane knowing that your perfect ring is hiding in your house and not on your hand?

partyjewels

Shiny_Rock
I don''t think I would stay sane if it was me! Are you happy he told you where it is so you can sneak peaks? Or do you wish he had kept it hidden so you''d have no idea when it goes missing?
31.gif
I don''t know if I would want to know or not, hopefully you have a short wait now!

lehcarm

Shiny_Rock
I''m glad I know where it is. I love to look at it, and he knows that if he would have hidden it somewhere else, I would go crazy. Plus I''d probably drive him crazy by asking to look at it every 5 seconds. We are going out of town this weekend, so I won''t be able to sneak any peeks then, I have to get them in before we go!

partyjewels

Shiny_Rock
Hmm... good point. I think I''d go nuts either way. If I didn''t know where it was, I''d be sitting there trying to think of where he''d hide it, and if I did know where it was I''d be sneaking peeks every chance I got and it would drive him nuts! But since I''m one of the LIW that probably won''t even get to help AT ALL with the ring, and unless I come across it putting away the clothes one day I doubt I''ll even know that he has a ring for me until he gives it to me, I''m very jealous of you.
27.gif
So even though it must be driving you nuts knowing it''s so close and still not happened yet, at least you know its going to be girl soon!
9.gif
30.gif

iheartcushions

Rough_Rock
I am in the same boat. I''m pretty sure BF has the ring, I just don''t know where it is!!! We live together so it''s somewhere in the house.

As far as advice, I don''t have any, I''m just thinking about getting myself a strait-jacket! It''s driving me crazy!

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t know why he told you where is was and want to look at it every 5 seconds, that ruins the newness of it and shock when he actually gives it to you.
but I''m in the same boat can''t wait to see how it turned out, we purchased the stone in july and I haven''t seen it since then.

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/24/2007 2:52:53 PM
Author: MustangFan
I don''t know why he told you where is was and want to look at it every 5 seconds, that ruins the newness of it and shock when he actually gives it to you.
but I''m in the same boat can''t wait to see how it turned out, we purchased the stone in july and I haven''t seen it since then.

Trust me, NO it doesn''t!!! I had my ring in my house for about a week and half before my bf took it away. I looked at it multiple times every day and even snuck and wore it around my bedroom! Once he took it away it was a couple of weeks vefore he proposed and I was jsut as excited as couuld be to have that puppy "officially" put on my finger!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I worked with a woman whose ring was in the house they shared for 2 1/2 years before he proposed. The shock and excitement didn''t wear off for her when it was finally on her finger. It''s all about the emotions that go along with the ring when he''s actually proposed, the ring magically becomes a bit more beautiful somehow.

iheartcushions

Rough_Rock
Whoa! Two and a half years!? That''s a long time to know the ring is there. You''d seriously have to have me committed at that point.
1.gif

lehcarm

Shiny_Rock
At least I''m not the only one who likes to take peeks. Last night my boyfriend told me I can''t look at it every day
8.gif
. I''ll just have to sneek peeks when he''s not home or in the shower
31.gif
. I don''t want to ruin the surprise, so maybe I''ll try to cool it a little.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
i agree on cooling it a bit..but, you don''t want to ruin the ''surprise''!? you picked the ring, tracked it on fed ex hourly/daily, and now have been peeking at it daily!! remember it''s meant to be spontaneous and focus on something else since you pretty much KNOW everything else
emsmile.gif

you''ll be off the list soon!

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
wow, i can''t imagine having the ring in the house and being able to take peeks at it before it is officially given to me! my boyfriend would NEVER go for this, he wants me to have no idea about when and if he has it. He thinks that me just ASKING about it takes away the element of surprise. I think he will wait until I have lost all hope, such an evil boy! lol
2.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
My fi waited four months after we had the ring to propose!!! This was definitely not a fun period. I knew where it was in the house as well and wore it around the house when he wasn''t home all the time. It made it a little easier, but sometimes I wish he had taken it and hid it. I did eventually get through it and it was well worth it. It''s just nice to know that eventually he will propose and in the mean time he is probably planning something special. Good luck!

jeweli81

Rough_Rock
i am new here. i feel your pain. my bf bought a diamond 4mos ago and got it set in early december. despite having my birthday, our anniversary, christmas, and new years go by i still am not engaged. he does not like V day so I doubt that will happen. i am starting to question if he will ever give it to me! what does this mean?

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/28/2007 9:24:18 PM
Author: jeweli81
i am new here. i feel your pain. my bf bought a diamond 4mos ago and got it set in early december. despite having my birthday, our anniversary, christmas, and new years go by i still am not engaged. he does not like V day so I doubt that will happen. i am starting to question if he will ever give it to me! what does this mean?
It probably doesn''t mean anything except: a) he''s planning something really special and has a date in mind, or
b) boys are just slow at this stuff and doesn''t understand the hurry and is taking his time

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah I agree
My boyfriend laughed because he said he had it and absolutely had no clue when or how he was going to give it to me. Didn''t really think about that part yet!
27.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results