shape
carat
color
clarity

We found my engagement diamond :)

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
This pretty old mine cushion cut made my heart pitter-patter the first time I saw her over at Wink's big Select sale. It was his one single old cut in the big bunch of BEAUTIFUL high quality stones. Okay, I have to admit...lots of stones do that pitter-patter thing (one reason I am here) but this one had such personality (to me). I inquired about it, but found it was already gone. Fast forward a month or so. It became available again.

Had just had a conversation about diamond buying the night before and darling boyfriend said...in a few months we'll buy one. Heh. Wellllll, I messaged him and said "that diamond is available again" and he said "oh?" and I said "that pretty one I loves so well". I am sure his saintly patience has been severely tested by me lately, because I squeal about diamonds all day long. I sent a link and he followed it. http://www.highperformancediamonds.com/index.php?page=view-id-diamond-default&id=44 He messaged back and said..."Ooooh! how much?" Yeah, she's just that special :)

The timing was terrible, as he just picked up a couple high dollar toys in the last 2 months including a 2014 Toyota Tundra last week. OOPS. Well, even though the timing is a little off, the stone is perfect for us...we're going to make it happen.

After a fantastic tele-conference with Wink last night to watch the pretty old mine cut perform under all sorts of lighting the boyfriend has decided to pull the trigger :) We had so much fun watching it perform under all sorts of light conditions. So pretty and a little wonky in it's shape. I really love it.

YAY! I am getting the rock of my dreams. We have decided to set it in a 14k plain rose gold shank with a white gold simple halo with double prongs. The boyfriend suggested it and used the words "finger coverage". Is he a keeper or what?
Melissa (Wink's Elf) has been fantastic too, helping me look at ring options within a tight budget.

Anyhow, just wanted to share my happiness and the first pictures. As this unfolds in the next few months, I will post more pics when we have the stone with us.

Oh yeah, the stats: VS1, I, 1.04, 6.33 - 6.10 cushion brilliant
GIA 6157724813

darock.png

darock2.png

CymoneD

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations it's Gorgeous! I can't wait to see how it turns out. :appl:

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Cymone! I look forward to sharing the process.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
thanks Erica :) That means alot coming from you.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Design idea...I shopped/butchered a CAD photo. Simple halo, rose gold shank and white gold head. I photoshopped my stone on and added mangled but well intentioned pronglike things that are supposed to look like double prongs.
A surprise diamond is hidden below, but not shown here....sooo....surprise!

designidea.jpg

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
LOL! I had turned the diamond off since it was sold, but your link then went to an empty page.

I have turned it back on for a few weeks and the pricing is hidden and people can see the video if they like.

I appreciate your starting such a fun thread and want to say that your unexpected thread is a real treat for me to see. Enjoy!

Wink

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for being a good sport Wink. I have enjoyed so many threads with all sorts of projects. I am so excited...whew! Thanks again for the great service and for turning the video back on for my thread!

*** Disclaimer: This diamond is not the usual fabulously cut Wink type of excellent diamond :)

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a beautiful stone moneymeister, I love it! Looks so sparkly in the video! :love: I also love the setting you are planning, it's going to look gorgeous - congrats!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Junebug, thank you so much for your input. I appreciate your feedback on the setting idea.
I enjoyed reading about your journey with the OEC reset from last fall. I adore the setting you chose, it is graceful and has the right echo of antique design, but feels up to date too. It also does a GREAT job of finger coverage :love:

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
ooooh I love it! What a beautiful cushion. :love: It looks like a cutie too, with those chunky facets and fire! ::)

D

Deactivated member 42515

I love your new cushion! Can't wait to see what you do with it!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
a couple more low res screen shots my honey took during the live internet show with Wink.
004.png

005.png

006.png

This was under the regular office lighting - auto color corrected in my graphics program.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Gemfever - thank you VERY much. I love the rainbow fire that your avatar shows!

YT - thanks! I have enjoyed reading your thread - oh what fun!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
The above 3 pictures were cut down and auto-corrected for color to look at the facets - it made the stones look darker. The actual pics are lighter like this:

009_0.png

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful antique cushion...lucky girl! Can't wait to see it set.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Marcy and Ariel44, thank you very much.

I have a few months to think about the setting... ack, I am still looking at settings from all over.

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! Congrats! I'm really loving the look of rose gold these days.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much for the nice words about my ring MM, you made my day! You must be so excited - I really love halos with plain shanks, and the rg will complement your stone so well - have you come across any other contenders? really looking forward to seeing your finished ring! Keep us posted!

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Gasp! It's a beautiful sparkler! So much personality, too. Congratulations for snagging it!!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Oops, sorry Anna, you slipped in there...and thank you!

CymoneD

Shiny_Rock
I think full rose gold will be lovely with your stone because it has a beautiful tint to it currently and will blend well with the rose gold!

And the little extra bling from the halo and diamonds on the shank wouldnt hurt the look :naughty:

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Thanks CymoneD :) LOL you think I should bling it huh? I consider it sometimes, but I am a little older and worry about looking too blingy at my 50ish age :) I like the idea of dressing it up or down, depending on bands.

I think the stone will sit pretty on rose gold too...maybe directly against it would be great. I found THIS setting which is VERY pretty with a plain shank. http://www.brilliantearth.com/Halo-Diamond-Ring-Rose-Gold-BE1BDB15R15-59897/?show_setting_tab=true&did=

I think a rose gold halo head would work fine without a white gold buffer. I wanted to make the halo in white gold so it did not visually close the diamond in, but maybe if the halo diamonds are set tightly, the eye won't see polkadots of white in rosegold color - an effect I don't care to have.

be1bdb15r15_round_rose_top_t_w300_h300.jpg

CymoneD

Shiny_Rock
All the more reason to show your bling! :D

I personally love the diamonds on or off the shank either way it WILL be absolutley lovely :love:

In the case of mixing the white and rose, I think all rose would be better as you've shown in the past few photos. Its dreamy and romantic looking and with your cushion.. :appl: fabulous!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
LOL, thanks CymoneD. I guess that's it then. I will jump in 100% rose gold. Now...about pink diamonds in the halo :)

Darling daughter (20) looked around on PS and said...Ohh, get THAT one and I will oooh and ahhh. She is not a rose gold fan at all, but has good taste as she picked out a VC Platinum halo as her squeal grail. That's mah girl...but I am sticking with rose gold.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now that is a beautiful cushion! I see so many that don't do it for me, but this one looks like it would command attention. :))

CymoneD

Shiny_Rock
I have seen many pieces of jewelry with pink and fancy yellow diamonds and its kind of bright and extra, personally I'm not a fan.

The pinks may take away from your stone if they are too pink and if they are too light it may not be worth the extra $$ for pinks. Possibly another photoshopped CAD of your diamond in a setting with pink diamonds lol??? That way there could be some perspective on the idea. :)

Your happiness with the piece is key ::)

diamonds-by-lauren-pink-halo-diamond-engagement-ring.jpg

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
MinousBijoux, thank you! I can't wait to get it and take pictures to share. I had the same experience with this stone,it was instantly a special stone for me. I was just happy to see it's loveliness and am going to feel honored to have it on my finger...and hope I can drive okay. I am distracted by sparkles. :shock:

Cymone...wow, those fancies are SUPER saturated and wow! I can see the appeal with the fun colors, but it might be a little too much finger partying for me. I am just too old for that much happy on one finger. Not sure I can see my old world diamond in that much mardigras color. LOL thanks for posting.

I come back to rose gold halo once again with smooth shanks. I had mom over last night who also liked the plain shanks, so it may be genetic. :love: :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results