shape
carat
color
clarity

We bought a diamond!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Murr4168

Shiny_Rock
Well, my boyfriend did I should say
36.gif

After 3 years together and over a year of casually looking at engagement rings, it''s finally happening!!

He purchased this stone http://www.whiteflash.com/round/Round-cut-diamond-23765.htm# from Whiteflash. I posted about it yesterday and a few people were a little indifferent to it but WF has assured me it is a gorgeous stone. Also it''s eye clean from 8 or 25 cm or from the side. The ideal scope isn''t the best but I was directed to a better looking ideal scope on another stone and assured that the 2 stones perform the same. Although I have to admit that actually making the purchase has had me second guessing myself but I''m confident in WF''s opinion of this stone.

The setting will be from Signed Pieces...this wedding band http://www.thefacetscollection.com/item.cfm?item_id=4000 and they will do the matching engagment ring. I''m still worried about having 2 shared prong settings but they have assured me that only the metal will touch. I guess I''ll just have to see for myself.

A big thanks to everyone on this board for all of your help!! We couldn''t have done it without you!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulation Murr! I hope the ring arrives soon and don''t forget to post lots of pics for us!

Murr4168

Shiny_Rock
Edited to move to a separate post

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Murr, you may want to start a separate thread noting that it''s an insurance question in the title becuase there are several experts on here who know a lot about insurance but they might not see the inquiry in this thread that you''ve already got going.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Murr I am so glad you bought this diamond, I thought it would be a good choice!!!!!! Can't wait for pics!!

Murr4168

Shiny_Rock
Thanks! I really needed some reassurance...I''m sure it''s just buyers remorse
23.gif
and I will love it!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
All that counts is that the diamond is beautiful, which it sounds like it is. I, too, own a diamond with less than perfect specs which was picked out for me by a very picky gemologist and it is gorgeous.

Enjoy, and send pics!!!

BTW - I love the crisp F-ness of my stone. You got a colorless diamond too, which is very cool!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Murr did you change your mind about this diamond??

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on picking a stone! Let us know what you think when you get it! And pictures too please.
21.gif

Murr4168

Shiny_Rock
Lorelei--yes we did change our mind...we ended up going with a .735 ACA stone from WF. I just wasn''t mentally comfortable with this stone after it scored a 3.8 on the HCA. I have another thread with the info...I think it''s something like "bad HCA score...what should I do?" I''ll bump it up for you.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results