shape
carat
color
clarity

We bought a diamond today!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Brocksgirl24

Rough_Rock
We bought a loose dimond today from a dealer recommended on this site! Ok, well my bf put a deposit on it for now, but it will be ours. He said it was the best ring for the price and for what we were looking for. What do you guys think? It looked very beautiful and we''re so excited!

Round Brilliant cut
Weight: 0.91ct
Clarity: S1-1
Color: G
Cut: Ideal
Symmetry: Very Good

Diameter: 6.19mm
Depth: 62.4%
Crown: 35.5 15.2%
Pavil: 41.0 43.2%
Table: 3.47mm 56.0%
Cutlet: 0.6% very small

I''m pretty knowledgable on the 4 C''s but when it comes to the rest I really dont know. Does this look ok? Thanks!

Oh and Price: $5500 Canadian

Brocksgirl24

Rough_Rock
I forgot to add the final spec:

Girdle 2.2% (1.2-2.7)% >>> would this be considered thick?

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 10/2/2004 3:47:27 PM Brocksgirl24 wrote:

I forgot to add the final spec:

Girdle 2.2% (1.2-2.7)% >>> would this be considered thick?----------------

I borrowed this AGS chart from an old post:

Very thin 0.091 - 0.50%
Thin 0.51 - 1.2%
Medium 1.21 - 1.7%
Slightly thick 1.71 - 2.95%

Thick 2.96 - 4.2%
Very thick 4.21 - 5.7%
Extremely Thick: >= 5.71 %

aj55

Rough_Rock
i put it through the HCA and it scored a 3.9 - Very Good - Worth buying if the price is right. Wat is ure main criteria?.. are u looking for the biggest stone or are u willing to get an ideal cut with a smaller carat weight? also are u in canada?

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 10/2/2004 3:03:38 PM Brocksgirl24 wrote:

We bought a loose dimond today from a dealer recommended on this site! Ok, well my bf put a deposit on it for now, but it will be ours. He said it was the best ring for the price and for what we were looking for. What do you guys think? It looked very beautiful and we're so excited!----------------

Congratulations Brocksgirl24!!
appl.gif
How exciting for you!!
9.gif
Since you both have seen it & obviously luved it, it sounds just beautiful!!

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Brocksgrl,

Found the following diamonds in a search with similar specs to yours:

pricescopeforum tutorialcut adviserideal-scopediamcalcprice statsquotesappraisersvendors

Diamonds found: 2

Round, 0.91 cts, G color, SI1 clarity, 62.4% depth, 56% table,

Prices marked with * are specials for PriceScope visitors only! S - shipping included. P - price match policy
Tell dealers that you found them on PriceScope!

* To open a stone's details page, click on the highlighted price.
* To sort the results table by category, click on the desired category's highlighted column header.

Carat
Color
Clarity
Depth
Tbl
Lab
Gdl
Cul
Sym
Pol
Flr
Measurements
$/Crt
Price
Source

G
SI1
62.4%
56%
GIA
thn-thk f
no
ex
vg
no
6.12x6.16x3.83
$4167
$3792*SP

G
SI1
62.4%
56%
GIA
thn-thk

vg

n
$4398
$4002

Don't know if this will post right or not!

Anyway, the conversion from CAN $ to US would make it about $3960 US. So the price is in line.

You may want to plug your numbers into the "Halloway Cut Advisor" to check out the rest.

Good luck with your purchase and congratulations!
2.gif

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
PS I agree with Alexah, you two saw and compared the diamonds and both liked what you saw, that is very exciting!
9.gif

Brocksgirl24

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the replies everyone. And yes, we both saw it and loved it so thats the most important part. It seems to be a good deal for us because the jeweller is in our area (Toronto) so we avoid any shipping costs and we can see it before purchasing. After going to Tiffany's, Birks, and every other mall jewellery store we realized we werent going to get very much in our budget. They are way overpriced! We were basically looking for the biggest diamond with the most sparkle in our price range which was $5-6K. We were orginally hoping for an VS1 or higher but the SI-1 looked very nice to us so we are ok with this. Now I just have to wait for him to pop the question!

EZ-Monet

Rough_Rock
Greetings Brocksgirl24,
Consider a bit of advice from an old romantic.
If you are pleased with your diamond,
Do not get it appraised, for it is already priceless.
Do not analyze it with the HCA, etc., for it is already perfect.
Do not wish it were different, for it will always be everything you need.
And last but not least, don't let anyone tell you differently.
Congratulations...it never really was or ever will be about diamonds.

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 10/2/2004 4:31:53 PM Brocksgirl24 wrote:

Thanks for the replies everyone. And yes, we both saw it and loved it so thats the most important part. It seems to be a good deal for us because the jeweller is in our area (Toronto) so we avoid any shipping costs and we can see it before purchasing. After going to Tiffany's, Birks, and every other mall jewellery store we realized we werent going to get very much in our budget. They are way overpriced! We were basically looking for the biggest diamond with the most sparkle in our price range which was $5-6K. We were orginally hoping for an VS1 or higher but the SI-1 looked very nice to us so we are ok with this. Now I just have to wait for him to pop the question! ----------------

Hi Brocksgrl,

SI1 is just fine! It is a great way to save some money and no one will see the inclusions any way. There are lots of people on this forum with SI1 and SI2!

Again congrats and best wishes! Now the hard part is the wait!!
2.gif

KittenKat

Shiny_Rock
Well said, EZ-Monet.

I've seen too many friends make it about the diamond.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results